What Lego set did you buy today?

I was able to buy several LEGO House Tree of Creativity (4000026) sets in the US by using the site Forward2me. I had never tried them before, but used their address so I could purchase the sets from the UK LEGO website and then they forwarded the packages to me (for a premium). It cost a bit, but still got them cheaper then what I’ve found on Amazon or eBay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solsbury18 said:

I was able to buy several LEGO House Tree of Creativity (4000026) sets in the US by using the site Forward2me. I had never tried them before, but used their address so I could purchase the sets from the UK LEGO website and then they forwarded the packages to me (for a premium). It cost a bit, but still got them cheaper then what I’ve found on Amazon or eBay. 

curious to know how much for the forward shipping if it's ok for you to share. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

curious to know how much for the forward shipping if it's ok for you to share. Thanks.

After currency conversion it came to $25 per item. A bit pricey, but if you consider what they go for elsewhere in the states it seemed like a fair price to me. 

Unfortunately this doesnt work anymore...lego identifies their address as a freight forwarder

Hopefully this was AFTER B&N ran out of stock on treehouses because they were selling them for $200+$5 shipping for the past couple of weeks. They actually just ran out of stock this morning,(maybe I played a part in it  )
You are talking about a completely different set... B&N do not sell the set he is talking about

On 5/22/2020 at 1:33 PM, Solsbury18 said:

Did you ship to Guernsey? Or to the other address.

2 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

You are talking about a completely different set... B&N do not sell the set he is talking about

whoops! Saw "house" and "tree" and I was just looking at that set on B&N so I mixed up the two.

56 minutes ago, thedingman5 said:

Yes; they had a deal if you bought both groups of minifigs they were $20 for 6 figured instead of $15 per trio.

By order online... Did you order online and then pick up at store? I"m in KY. Closest LEGO store is hours away. Would love the opportunity to order online (and have them shipped) from a LEGO store (or in this case LEGOland)

UPDATE... I found the link for the set of 3 but not the set of 3 with the pink elephant. Is that one no longer available for purchase? Thanks 

Edited by ponderingzissou
update

1 hour ago, ponderingzissou said:

By order online... Did you order online and then pick up at store? I"m in KY. Closest LEGO store is hours away. Would love the opportunity to order online (and have them shipped) from a LEGO store (or in this case LEGOland)

UPDATE... I found the link for the set of 3 but not the set of 3 with the pink elephant. Is that one no longer available for purchase? Thanks 

Yes, online and shipped to me in Chicago.  I, too, am only seeing the “spring” collection now.

• Like 1

After selling so much the last 8 weeks, and stock being so limited everywhere, I was starting to get FOMO that I wouldn't be able to get enough stock in again at decent prices.

Alas, things are gradually being restocked now.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've picked up 8x Cloud Cities (23% off), 4x Stranger things (25% off) 3x HP Castles (23% off), 6x Architecture London (20% off), a big bunch of Hidden side (40% off) and loads of other sets at 25% off too, incl Chinese new year sets.

It's a tough gamble this year, but those ones felt "worth it". I guess we'll see!

Maybe this is a lesson to those in worse-hit places - don't go too crazy paying too much for sets just yet.
Most of the FOMO sets are coming back into mass-market stock here (Looking at you, Great Hall and HP Castle...)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrSam said:

After selling so much the last 8 weeks, and stock being so limited everywhere, I was starting to get FOMO that I wouldn't be able to get enough stock in again at decent prices.

Alas, things are gradually being restocked now.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've picked up 8x Cloud Cities (23% off), 4x Stranger things (25% off) 3x HP Castles (23% off), 6x Architecture London (20% off), a big bunch of Hidden side (40% off) and loads of other sets at 25% off too, incl Chinese new year sets.

It's a tough gamble this year, but those ones felt "worth it". I guess we'll see!

Maybe this is a lesson to those in worse-hit places - don't go too crazy paying too much for sets just yet.
Most of the FOMO sets are coming back into mass-market stock here (Looking at you, Great Hall and HP Castle...)

I personally think it's near impossible for LEGO to be fully stocked by Christmas...especially large sets (>$79)...which I think is the target price for the well to do LEGO buyer for Christmas presents.  I would (and have) go after any large sets that has 15% or more discount currently.  I already have my boy's birthday and Christmas presents at about $25% off so I won't be caught off-guard or "desperate".

• Like 2