What Lego set did you buy today?

4 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Not much. SAH just started that and only put up a handful of sets and none of them were the mini figures series. They aren’t advertised well, which is unfortunate because I think they’re far more interesting than the people packs I’ve seen. 45101 Fairy Tale is retired and I picked it up on eBay for $25. It doesn’t include all of the parts on the box and was an expansion set for the Serious Story Telling $1000 education crate.

The minifig sets and all others are still available online (there are around 100 total products), but you do have to go to education.lego.com to see them all...

19 minutes ago, thedingman5 said:

The minifig sets and all others are still available online (there are around 100 total products), but you do have to go to education.lego.com to see them all...

Only the minifigure community 45022 and fantasy  45023 packs are on the education site. The fairytale expansion set is retired. Both 45022 and 45023 are cheaper on Amazon. 

• Like 1

Bought a loose ewok village in a bin from craigslist about 9 months ago for $150, and the lady said it should be close to complete and will come with extra pieces and about 30+ extra minifigures. I finally got around to it this weekend. All the ewok village pieces were placed in ziplocs and when I pulled them out, there were a bunch of instruction manuals underneath. I got super excited when I saw what instructions were included, but then the excitement faded when I looked at the rest of the pieces in the bin, and they were mostly grey. Only a few gunship white pieces and some blue pieces from the Coruscant Police Gunship. Sad. The bulk of the Jek-14 main body is there, but that's about it. On the plus side, there are some nice figs from the extras that she threw in with the deal. Most of the ewok village figures are there (not pictured), so far wicket is missing. Also, I have twelve of those big circle pieces (two per wheel) from the clone turbo tank, but no instructions. I got a lot of work ahead of me.

bin1.jpg

bin2.jpg

bin3.jpg

bin4.jpg

bin5.jpg

bin6.jpg

• Like 8

I found a new in box Hogwarts 71043 at an over stock store for $200. One of the corners had damage. I have bought some sets from the same store before and opened the box to find a handful of legos, some gi Joe's, and a popsicle stick so I had to open it to ensure it was intact. The set was 100%. I planned on a quick flip but the more I look at it the harder it is to want to sell it. 

20200528_124820.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Jbad87 said:

I found a new in box Hogwarts 71043 at an over stock store for $200. One of the corners had damage. I have bought some sets from the same store before and opened the box to find a handful of legos, some gi Joe's, and a popsicle stick so I had to open it to ensure it was intact. The set was 100%. I planned on a quick flip but the more I look at it the harder it is to want to sell it. 

20200528_124820.jpg

Sell it now, buy it later.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jbad87 said:

20200528_124820.jpg

What kind of overstock store did you find that at!? I wish I had access to something remotely like that. Great find, I agree with the other poster, sell it now and buy later. It will more than likely come back in stock. If not, the price will still likely drop after this pandemic spike.

• Like 1

The chain is called Dirt Cheap. I dont generally score too much lego there. However, we have bought a large number of nerf guns for our collection there but that was a good lego day. I remember reading someone's post here that had walked up on a UCS Falcon at Target for some ridiculous discount and thought that would never be me. This was close. Like I said, normally the sets are returns missing any thing of value such as mini figs or dinos, a set that sold horribly putting it into the I also dont want it category, or the box was used and an airplane choke or wrestling partner. I'll find a good example and post it.

1 hour ago, Jbad87 said:

The chain is called Dirt Cheap. I dont generally score too much lego there. However, we have bought a large number of nerf guns for our collection there but that was a good lego day. I remember reading someone's post here that had walked up on a UCS Falcon at Target for some ridiculous discount and thought that would never be me. This was close. Like I said, normally the sets are returns missing any thing of value such as mini figs or dinos, a set that sold horribly putting it into the I also dont want it category, or the box was used and an airplane choke or wrestling partner. I'll find a good example and post it.

wow, I've got a Dirt Cheap near me and never scored anything bigger than a Brickheadz. 

Stranger Things set...my local LEGO brick & Mortar store start curb-side pickup (last weekend) so I got the "last one"..I have been actively waiting for them to open up but thought due to the riots no way they would re-open last weekend...that assumption costed me the big Hogwarts (which the clerk said sold out last weekend). I flipped that one for $200 profit earlier too.

Anyway happy to get (back) this set for my personal collection which I flipped a month ago for $100 profit...but I am now all fingers crossed for the Hogwarts coming back. 

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

so I picked up the set curbside at local store (SF Bay Area)...spoke briefly w the rep. He said basically they haven't received a shipment since early March. So don't expect any of the new sets in the stores.

That was the same thing one of my stores (San Diego) said to me. They said that about both of the stores here.
so I picked up the set curbside at local store (SF Bay Area)...spoke briefly w the rep. He said basically they haven't received a shipment since early March. So don't expect any of the new sets in the stores.

That was the same thing one of my stores (San Diego) said to me. They said that about both of the stores here.

6 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Is there an app you use to monitor this? I’d really like to get my hands on a Treehouse. Thanks.

No, I just check every so often. :(  I often work harder and not smarter.  I was up letting the cat out, so decided to check.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Is there an app you use to monitor this? I’d really like to get my hands on a Treehouse. Thanks.

i don't know if there is an app which can do the real time alert. Couple I used always had a lag and by the time I got the message those hot cakes were long gone 

• Sad 1