What Lego set did you buy today?

1 minute ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I was mostly joking, but I am one of those people that can't recall sets just off the numbers so I when I see only set numbers my eyes glaze over.

I know, I was kidding too. Some numbers you don't forget though.. 10179. 😛

38 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Box art is great for this one. Hopefully when they ship they don’t come scuffed to hell. 

if it's similar to the SW helmets... then yea. it will be scuffed or easily seen because of the black background.  Better chance of getting a nice box via Lego SAH.

Wife and kids convinced me to take a slight detour to the LEGO store yesterday just to "look".....well....ended up being a $600+ venture as we walked out with a Lambo Sian and a T-Rex Rampage.
Sian came in a shipper box so very well protected...BUT...it has the stickers as well. Kinda bummed, but it is for personal build, so not a huge deal.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 12:16 PM, brickvoyeur said:

eBay: $250
21309 Saturn V Rocket
21321 International Space Station
10266 Lunar Lander
21312 Women of NASA
2x LEGO City 30365 Satellites

aaa.thumb.jpg.876b6cca69e81a031f5913547d49afb6.jpg

Grabbed this lot on eBay after selling a sealed 21309 for $250 cash the day before.

A lateral move in funds, but freed up a lot of sealed sets to be sold that I was saving as my copy.

I can't remember the last New set I actually built. Seems like I always end up with a used set under RRP, then sell my copy of the sealed set for bananas prices after the price spikes.

You are missing a Mars Rover now...

On 6/26/2020 at 9:30 AM, coelian said:

there you go. 🙂

IMG_20200626_152306.jpg

I think the pic on the box is great but I find these new box designs to be seriously lacking.  This, the new Haunted House and the 1989 Batmobile have a lot of real estate on the box with no art on it at all.  I think the 1989 Batmobile is a better set than the Tumbler but the Tumbler box art certainly pops a lot more than the 1989 Batmobile one.  When I sell a set I want the box art to be outstanding and eye catching, not just a pic of the set with airbrushed black on it.

1 hour ago, LegoSteve said:

I think the pic on the box is great but I find these new box designs to be seriously lacking.  This, the new Haunted House and the 1989 Batmobile have a lot of real estate on the box with no art on it at all.  I think the 1989 Batmobile is a better set than the Tumbler but the Tumbler box art certainly pops a lot more than the 1989 Batmobile one.  When I sell a set I want the box art to be outstanding and eye catching, not just a pic of the set with airbrushed black on it.

On the other hand, you have the hidden sides boxes where I have a hard time finding the item being sold. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LegoSteve said:

agree to disagree...the 1989 Box displays the best IMO

given it's $250 RRP so much more than a "toy" lit up w/ comical illustrations/color-way like the tumbler box...one looks like an adult collectible and the other an over-priced toy to spoil children.

If you're looking at appreciated re-sell of these sets going north of $300+ ...you're no longer looking for soccer mom buyers