What Lego set did you buy today?

13 minutes ago, Abelinkin said:

Some 40367 Brickheadz Lady Liberty's arrived today. Brick Picker sure does make me feel good about them!

If only.  ?

IMG_8827.JPG

The Unofficial Guide to LEGO Investing.png

I also ordered 5 x 40367 from SAH and they came the same way yours did in the picture - sometimes I think SAH has toddlers packing their boxes.  Stand them up and cover with air pillows... obviously!?!

• Like 1

I had placed two orders of (2) 40274 BrickHeadz Mr. & Mrs. Claus for pickup from Walmart back when they were on sale for $9.09 (Right around Cyber Monday I think? You could only purchase two per order). Overall nothing noteworthy to talk about here except for when I got home and opened them up I discovered that there was one extra 40274 included with one of my orders.

Great I guess, but if I take into consideration the condition of the boxes I will simply consider it a humble consolation... Say that three times fast! ?

Anyone else have something similar to this happen with their order?

Side note: Take note of these two boxes. Last pictures show how each order were packaged when I opened them up. How ridiculous! One order's box clearly WAY too large and the other has the two crammed in next to each other!

Que Marlon Brando: "The horror! The horror!"

IMG_8865.JPG

IMG_8866.JPG

IMG_8867.JPG

IMG_8868.JPG

IMG_8869.JPG

Purchased 4 of the Forma fish sets (81000) from the UK. Got a free gingerbread and the money from the gingerbread house when I sell it should cover my additional shipping costs to get it from the UK to USA. I have a friend in UK doing me a favor and I'm sending the 4 sets I got to his house and he's sending them to me. Originally the limit was 2 on these sets. Then when I bought mine the limit was 20. So I got 4 of them. If I lived there I would have gotten 20 of them but I didn't want to do that to my friend. Now the limit is 2 or 3. And today I got an email from Indigogo where I got my Forma sets originally. Their email confirmed that they will not be producing any more of the Forma sets and directed people to Lego UK's website to buy up the last stock. So get on it people...if you're from the UK, or have connections there, this is easy money. I bought 3 of the original Forma sets for $80 each and flipped them for $280 ea.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:40 PM, Gonkalin said:

Purchased 4 of the Forma fish sets (81000) from the UK. Got a free gingerbread and the money from the gingerbread house when I sell it should cover my additional shipping costs to get it from the UK to USA. I have a friend in UK doing me a favor and I'm sending the 4 sets I got to his house and he's sending them to me. Originally the limit was 2 on these sets. Then when I bought mine the limit was 20. So I got 4 of them. If I lived there I would have gotten 20 of them but I didn't want to do that to my friend. Now the limit is 2 or 3. And today I got an email from Indigogo where I got my Forma sets originally. Their email confirmed that they will not be producing any more of the Forma sets and directed people to Lego UK's website to buy up the last stock. So get on it people...if you're from the UK, or have connections there, this is easy money. I bought 3 of the original Forma sets for $80 each and flipped them for $280 ea.

If you sell in the UK you'll probably just scrape a profit when this stock hits the market. I bought 3 in order to qualify for the Gingerbread House - which is where my profit will be, not the Forma sets.

Edited by Scatterbug

9 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

If you sell in the UK you'll probably just scrape a profit when this stock hits the market. I bought 3 in order to qualify for the Gingerbread House - which is where my profit will be, not the Forma sets.

and why you think that? could not disagree more. and buying 3 of those to get a £20 gingerbread house?

11 hours ago, Scatterbug said:

Why did you buy three of these sets then if you think they will just scrape a profit? Just to look at them or give as Xmas presents?

Edited by Secret Squirrel

1 hour ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Why did you buy three of these sets then if you think they will just scrape a profit? Just to look at them or give as Xmas presents?

3 nets the Gingerbread House, which I'm hoping will do as well as the 2015 version. Remember, Forma didn't sell out in the UK. I moved the Superpack for a healthy profit but that was the early days and I think interest has waned. If I'm wrong or if overseas interest is there, fine.

Edited by Scatterbug

3 nets the Gingerbread House, which I'm hoping will do as well as the 2015 version. Remember, Forma didn't sell out in the UK. I moved the Superpack for a healthy profit but that was the early days and I think interest has waned. If I'm wrong or if overseas interest is there, fine.
I wouldn't hold my breath on the latest gingerbread house doing as well as the last. They made a crap ton more this time around. My store had them until just a few days ago and I was able to wrap up around 80-90 without much effort so I'm not expecting the moon with these.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, redcell said:
On 12/22/2019 at 9:08 AM, Scatterbug said:

I wouldn't hold my breath on the latest gingerbread house doing as well as the last. They made a crap ton more this time around. My store had them until just a few days ago and I was able to wrap up around 80-90 without much effort so I'm not expecting the moon with these.

Best to sell the free mini gingerbread now then!

11 hours ago, redcell said:
On 12/22/2019 at 4:08 AM, Scatterbug said:

We all need to remember the 2015 Gingerbread House didn't really take off until some lady posted about it on a decorating website.  The same could happen with this new one, but it's not the same kind of "house".  This new one is very nice but is more like a facade.

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

We all need to remember the 2015 Gingerbread House didn't really take off until some lady posted about it on a decorating website.  The same could happen with this new one, but it's not the same kind of "house".  This new one is very nice but is more like a facade.

I'm not talking about the American market.

And I'd wager the sale price of the house will be bigger than the profit I get from the fish.

Edited by Scatterbug
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scatterbug said:

I'm not talking about the American market.

And I'd wager the sale price of the house will be bigger than the profit I get from the fish.

Your hoping it will sell as well as 40139? Problem is the latest set is dated, does that no reduce value towards a generic version - just my thoughts!

Edited by Secret Squirrel