What Lego set did you buy today?

Grabbed this lot on EBay the other day for my Train collection. Was listed at $99.99 but main pic only showed 7897 (description mentioned both trains). Seem pretty complete, including working RC base, motor and 9V light, and full PF setup (IR receiver, batterybox and motor). Minifigs and accessories included as well, except for the little platform builds. Loads of track, unfortunately mostly curves and flex track. Used an airmiles GC and my remaining EBay Bucks to pay $30 after shipping and tax.

20191018_165001-1.jpeg

• Like 5

I found two 75189 FO Heavy Assault Walkers for $45 each at Target hiding right behind a Sandcrawler. Also picked up a Kessel Run Falcon for $51 as well. Weirdly that store had them at full price and then suddenly the price dropped, but the sets were never stickered and they never moved from their hiding place behind all the new stock of star wars sets. I may pop in and try to get a price adjustment on an additional Hospital now that the prices are showing clearly online.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mgip21 said:

Missed out on the target sale the other day but was able to get the store to match the $65 price on a 75930 indoraptor and as a bonus they had a 76077 iron man Detroit steel city for $8 ?

Hmmm...so even though 75930 was out of stock online, they still matched the price? I thought I had tried that before and they said no; may have to look into this again. 

1 hour ago, BillyBricks said:

Hmmm...so even though 75930 was out of stock online, they still matched the price? I thought I had tried that before and they said no; may have to look into this again. 

Yes they did. I always ask the guys in electronics and they never question anything. But I even asked can you match even though it was sold out online. He said they did, but I’ll stick with just asking them, haha

Disney Cinderella Castle: "won" ebay $285 plus $35 Ship plus $24 tax

Had $110 on ebucks and 8% ebucks promo

Timing was everything...I know the price ain't even good, but I had a reprieve on LEGOs from teh wife...and I wanted to get something on my wish list.

Someday it will be built and displayed next to Hogwarts w/ the Disney and Hogwarts trains....someday  

8 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

had a reprieve on LEGOs from teh wife...

Just a friendly heads up, saying Legos is like saying Mooses. It can be plural w/out the S.  I know it takes getting used to as that's how I said it when I was young and then just coming back. Not to mention almost everyone and their child brother mother sister guinea pig in the states says 'legos' You get used to it after awhile and I'm sure all the members here would appreciate it! 

Anyways, the hogwarts/Disney castles/train displays would be totally bad ass! Hope you get around to it someday?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Just a friendly heads up, saying Legos is like saying Mooses. It can be plural w/out the S.

'Stupid in School", -Brian Regan

“What’s the plural for moose?”

“Moosen! I saw a flock of MOOSEN! There were many of ‘em. Many much moosen.
Out in the woods…in the wood-es…in the woodsen. The meese want the food in the
woodesen…food is the eatenesen…the meese want the food in the woodesenes…food
in the woodesenes.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Just a friendly heads up, saying Legos is like saying Mooses. It can be plural w/out the S.  I know it takes getting used to as that's how I said it when I was young and then just coming back. Not to mention almost everyone and their child brother mother sister guinea pig in the states says 'legos' You get used to it after awhile and I'm sure all the members here would appreciate it! 

Anyways, the hogwarts/Disney castles/train displays would be totally bad ass! Hope you get around to it someday?

I always thought the plural for Moose was Meese :jester::lolu::cold:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1