What Lego set did you buy today?

13 minutes ago, supergman said:

Not sure where to post this, however:

Specifically for those who buy sealed minifig boxes....S20 and S2-HP.
..Are you getting boxes with or without seals on the side?
..Do the tops have a crease or split partition as if they've been opened?
..Are the packs organized or sporadically arranged?
I have been collecting these since S1 and only for S20 and S2-HP I have seen boxes that look like they've been tampered but the shipping box seems fine with an original packing tape.
Curious on others. Thanks.

I can only report on the Mario Packs and HP S2 ... both did not have seals but came in the originally LEGO shipper from MinifiguresPlus. Both were complete (Mario Packs had a complete set in each row, HP S2 was more random, but certain characters were always together, e.g. George followed Fred, Sprout followed Neville, James followed Lily, Hermione followed Ron etc.). Only difference in my HP S2 was that comparing with the Brothers Brick inventory counts I had 1 less James and 1 more Neville, but I still had 3 complete sets in the box. So no tampering AFAIK.

I cracked and finally picked up that Burger 3in1 "monster truck"...sooo hokey had to have it.  Costco $42

I also saw the 3 pack of the MECH builds for $22...there was only a coupe left...should be an easy flip for x2.5-x3...tho these are really fugly

NON-LEGO: While at Costco got 3 packs of the Pokemon tins/pokeballs 3-pak...at $24 either a QFLL or X-mas gifts/stocking stuffers

the "prize" for me anyway, was the Maisto metal car models Costco has...most looked like junk...but I found a nice orange 80's Nissan 240...the cult car for those of us in highschool late '80s- early 90s...I never saw the appeal until my freshman year roommate had one.  

Since the Brickheadz Frankenstein became available today, I picked that up, along with the Winter Village Fire Station.

I used VIP points to get the Fire Station down to $75.

I'm behind on my Winter Village sets (not having the Fire Station, Gingerbread, or Elf Shack), so I needed to catch up.  It's on backorder.  Hopefully my order doesn't get cancelled, it is two years old, but I'm hoping it sticks around just long enough for me to pick it up.  I don't usually get this far behind on the sets.

12 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Since the Brickheadz Frankenstein became available today, I picked that up, along with the Winter Village Fire Station.

I used VIP points to get the Fire Station down to $75.

I'm behind on my Winter Village sets (not having the Fire Station, Gingerbread, or Elf Shack), so I needed to catch up.  It's on backorder.  Hopefully my order doesn't get cancelled, it is two years old, but I'm hoping it sticks around just long enough for me to pick it up.  I don't usually get this far behind on the sets.

I was going to get some Frankenstein today, but I saw the kitty cat polybag is Free tonight at midnight EST, so I figured I could wait another 12 hours.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I was going to get some Frankenstein today, but I saw the kitty cat polybag is Free tonight at midnight EST, so I figured I could wait another 12 hours.

kitty is store only. I literally thought the same thing and placed my order before posting.

Edited by joch29

I went rage shopping today because someone cleaned out a store in my normal area (while I was on my way to it) yesterday, so I went a little out of my normal range today, but it was worth it. About 2.5k worth of stuff marked down 75-80% off. Granted, half of that was TLM2 stuff, but even that I'll take at 75-80% off.

The best part? Not one of the sets has a damn clearance sticker on it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :zen:

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I didn’t get them for a song as her sons checked eBay for market value. I don’t know how they came up to these numbers, but they asked $300 for Café Corner and $200 each for Green Grocer, Town Hall, Fire Brigade, and Grand Emporium.

So this is code for they are idiots? Good on you though, a $300 Cafe Corner, go you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spener90 said:

So this is code for they are idiots? Good on you though, a $300 Cafe Corner, go you!

LOL Idiot may be a bit harsh, but their logic for figuring out market value was a bit flawed. 

I was more excited for the $200 Green Grocer! I think it's the sand green mentality. 

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

<snip>

Even though I’m not into modulars, it’s kind of exciting seeing Green Grocer and Café Corner in my possession. I have sealed sets of the others, so the rest don’t do much for me.

I would keep those other ones and sell your sealed ones. And why is it that people who are not into modulars land my white whales all the time, and I can't get a deal below $700 each on them?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I would keep those other ones and sell your sealed ones. And why is it that people who are not into modulars land my white whales all the time, and I can't get a deal below $700 each on them?

Sorry man. I feel you. The Lego gods can be ruthless, but once in a blue moon, they shine on some lowly pickers. Your day will come. 

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 2