What Lego set did you buy today?

On 12/4/2020 at 5:54 PM, Thanos75 said:

I rarely buy used lots of Lego. This popped up on Facebook and ended up getting it for $300. Still havent gone through all of it . Several sealed sets in there aswell that will take a good dent out of it.

IMAG1254.jpg

When you post these buys I always imagine you swimming in LEGO.

On 12/4/2020 at 5:54 PM, Thanos75 said:

I rarely buy used lots of Lego. This popped up on Facebook and ended up getting it for $300. Still havent gone through all of it . Several sealed sets in there aswell that will take a good dent out of it.

IMAG1254.jpg

Hopefully they're clean with lots of minifigs and instructions.. I've put most of my used lots I've bought away again. I find sorting wears on me after a time. Sometimes you have to put them away for a year before jumping back into it. 

30628 Monster Book of Monsters x7 @ $23.73 each after Barnes discount and sales tax.

I stopped in my local store this past Sunday night to check if they received any. The clerk looked up the set and it showed that my store had 9 on order. No other stores within 100 miles of my location (Green Bay) showed any on order. She printed a report for me showing other stores "nearby" that were getting some and suggested I call to see if they'd ship to me. Most are in Michigan. A few are further east in Pennsylvania, New York, and Kentucky. I don't plan on driving 10 hours one way around the bottom of Lake Michigan any time soon, so here is the report for any Pickers that are local to those areas and want to try to hunt them down. Data on the report is accurate as of 12/5. 

I stopped in again this afternoon and the nine they had on order showed up. I was able to get seven of the nine. I'm assuming the stores that were slated to receive some only got three cases of three?

The Barnes in store product # for this set is 0673419333344. 

The item description in their computer is "LEGO Partner Driven Exclusives tbd-HP-Model 30628.

Good luck out there!

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1127.JPG

• Like 3

Bought the Elf Club House today for personal build.  Had my name on the wait list at my local Lego store and got the call today it was in, paid over the phone, got the train promo and the store manager knows me from when I shop at the store.  

She thanked me again for my curbside pickup order this past summer and for coming in this past Black Friday (how I got on the wait list).

So I attempted to buy the Elf Club House at Target as I sold the 2 I bought back over the last 3 weeks. Was in the self-checkout and it wouldn't scan. Checker comes over and looks into the problem and says "I'm sorry we can't sell this to you yet. It has a street date of 1-1-21. " 

I guess we know where all the Elf Houses are that Lego made. Great time to release it. After the holidays. Nice. 

So I attempted to buy the Elf Club House at Target as I sold the 2 I bought back over the last 3 weeks. Was in the self-checkout and it wouldn't scan. Checker comes over and looks into the problem and says "I'm sorry we can't sell this to you yet. It has a street date of 1-1-21. " 
I guess we know where all the Elf Houses are that Lego made. Great time to release it. After the holidays. Nice. 
I'm surprised that they had that set in store actually. Unless it is a restocked return. I've never come across any Creator Expert sets in store.

On 12/16/2020 at 7:38 PM, bricktheriver said:

So Elf Clubhouse will be available at Target?

Saw this on Craigslist 12 mins after seller posted. No pics posted in the ad, but the seller told me via text that the sets are complete with manuals, no boxes.

I've got some Legos for sale. Buy 'em all for $35. Or see individual prices below. Comes with all instruction manuals.

$50 - Harry Potter Great Hall
$5 - Harry Potter with Owl on Platform to school
$5 - Lego City Hot Dog Stand
$10 - Lego City Arctic Ice Crawler

I don't know what kind of math (or meth) he was doing, but I picked them all up for $35. Dude turned out to be a nice guy. I also bought a couple of Wii games from him for $15 for my kids and he threw in a third game for free. 

hp1.jpg

hp2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Saw this on Craigslist 12 mins after seller posted. No pics posted in the ad, but the seller told me via text that the sets are complete with manuals, no boxes.

I've got some Legos for sale. Buy 'em all for $35. Or see individual prices below. Comes with all instruction manuals.

I don't know what kind of math (or meth) he was doing, but I picked them all up for $35. Dude turned out to be a nice guy. I also bought a couple of Wii games from him for $15 for my kids and he threw in a third game for free. 

hp1.jpg

hp2.jpg

LOVED Zack & Wiki

And yes that's some interesting math 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oneknightr said:

hp1.jpg

hp2.jpg

Common core math strikes again

image.png.1a678bc2b69d0cdf04e9b3f46bad14f2.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Luck hit me on Sunday while in Target getting some last minute gifts. Lego area was pretty void of actual Lego, but I was able to spot a lone 70437 high up on the shelf. Basically out the door for around $80 with Target 5%, wife's 5% B-day bonus, and last gift card from Lego purchases last month. 

Edited by Aup27