What Lego set did you buy today?

10 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

there is no free gwp

you will need to have 1800 points in your vip account in order to purchase a coupon that you can redeem with an online order in order to get the Ulysses Space Probe

I believe it is interchangeable in the bay with the hubble

in the us that is spending $277 + tax to get the points to be able to redeem it and it won't last long

I'm in for it but lego is using their vip rewards program more efficiently for them every day with cool stuff for us lol

Huh. Totally missed that. I took a quick look and didn’t see it in the rewards center. Should be a nice cluster bleep trying to get the coupon and shuttle on 4/1.

thanks for the info! 

46 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
56 minutes ago, coelian said:
Picked up the Fire Dragon, Water Dragon and the purple one from Elves for 60. That way I can keep my sets sealed and add these ones to my dragon collection.
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_03/download.thumb.jpg.b73ab97171781892cb92c6ea4473037b.jpg

It always amazes me how much those dragons sell for on Ebay when they seem so common. It seems like every used "girls" Lego lot that I buy contains at least one of them.

I still remember back in early 2018 these were all clearanced. I took one of each for my own collection and that's it. Huge mistake. Then again I wasn't serious about reselling then. 

6 hours ago, coelian said:

Just scored 2 Chinese New Year Temples for about 60USD a piece, bad news is that it is back in Singapore and I have no idea when I can pick it up. 😄 Buy first or regret later.

https://www.toysrus.com.sg/lego-chinese-new-year-temple-fair-80105-1014798.html

there may be a market in being a travelling LEGO mule

11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

there may be a market in being a travelling LEGO mule

Off the top of my head, I have bought lego sets (not bricklinking parts) in the US, UK, Denmark, Switzerland, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Japan, Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia and Singapore. 

When I was travelling to US for work, I routinely check in 3 70 pound luggages and pray hard they don't bust me for checking in oversized boxes. Fun times. 

Creator Expert Roller Coaster and Gingerbread House. RRP for the GBH, thought might as well stock up.

On the Roller Coaster I received it as such. Anything to be concerned with? The other side stickers look good. I’m wondering whether it’s the weight of the set that make the stickers lose, as well it’s 49R0, could it be handling and storage? I want to avoid opening it up to check if possible.

6db622cf4cc15136f0c9fd5f3f245a4d.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ogelwoc said:

Creator Expert Roller Coaster and Gingerbread House. RRP for the GBH, thought might as well stock up.

On the Roller Coaster I received it as such. Anything to be concerned with? The other side stickers look good. I’m wondering whether it’s the weight of the set that make the stickers lose, as well it’s 49R0, could it be handling and storage? I want to avoid opening it up to check if possible.

6db622cf4cc15136f0c9fd5f3f245a4d.jpg

The seals (stickers) are fine. There isn’t anything of great individual value worth opening and stealing from the set. Perhaps if it came with the power functions someone could have done that. You can always weigh it and compare to the standard. 

• Like 1

The seals (stickers) are fine. There isn’t anything of great individual value worth opening and stealing from the set. Perhaps if it came with the power functions someone could have done that. You can always weigh it and compare to the standard. 

Thanks

Our local Galeria department store had quite a significant amount of larger sets at 50% off because of some damage to the box. In some cases really only shelf wear. First time I went "deep" on a large set, because I believe this is next on the Modular retirement list: Assembly Square 10255. Deep for me means 5 units, quite a few of you folks here will probably laugh at this number. 😉

It was interesting to see which sets were gone first (Tree House, Hogwarts Castle, Star Destroyer) and which were still available after more than a day (Corner Garage, Book Shop, Old Trafford, Roller Coaster, Crocodile), though the amount available on the last ones was also higher.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clousy Clouse said:

Our local Galeria department store had quite a significant amount of larger sets at 50% off because of some damage to the box. In some cases really only shelf wear. First time I went "deep" on a large set, because I believe this is next on the Modular retirement list: Assembly Square 10255. Deep for me means 5 units, quite a few of you folks here will probably laugh at this number. 😉

It was interesting to see which sets were gone first (Tree House, Hogwarts Castle, Star Destroyer) and which were still available after more than a day (Corner Garage, Book Shop, Old Trafford, Roller Coaster, Crocodile), though the amount available on the last ones was also higher.

most here think corner garage is next to leave.

3 hours ago, Clousy Clouse said:

That is a lot of higher-end sets at a pretty deep discount.  That sounds more like your local Galeria store is closing.  I saw several articles about Galeria department stores closing in Germany during covid-19.  Are there more closing?

2 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Possible. Or maybe they will go around the same time like BB and DO. I still think Assembly Square has a higher ceiling though.

25 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

That is a lot of higher-end sets at a pretty deep discount.  That sounds more like your local Galeria store is closing.  I saw several articles about Galeria department stores closing in Germany during covid-19.  Are there more closing?

I don't think this was a local clearance sale, just bad decision making for minor box damage. Or maybe it's because of the next lockdown looming: get some cash fast. They are still in trouble in general but the next step probably won't be closing a few more stores here and there, but rather bankruptcy or sale of the whole company.

Edited by Clousy Clouse
  • Sad 1

On 4/3/2021 at 3:38 PM, joneyyy1981 said:

Possible. Or maybe they will go around the same time like BB and DO. I still think Assembly Square has a higher ceiling though.

23 hours ago, exracer327 said:

I don't think this was a local clearance sale, just bad decision making for minor box damage. Or maybe it's because of the next lockdown looming: get some cash fast. They are still in trouble in general but the next step probably won't be closing a few more stores here and there, but rather bankruptcy or sale of the whole company.

(Maybe double post. I don't know why the copy from 24 hours ago has not been approved by a moderator yet.)

On 4/3/2021 at 1:17 PM, joneyyy1981 said:

The person who wrote about the corner straight straight straight corner etc won me over.

That was this fool, and in my opinion he's not trustworthy

On 12/16/2020 at 1:39 PM, brickvoyeur said:

There is always a corner set available. So far the sets have released in this order:

Corner, Straight, Straight, Corner, Straight, Straight, Corner, Straight, Straight, Corner, Straight, Straight, Corner, Straight, Straight

So a corner building next year. Garage is toast. They're overdue for a double retirement. But AS sells too well to kill it off... so Garage will likely go alone. The buy in on it isn't great, but it will have as long of a life as Brick Bank/Downtown Diner has.  Which were only on the shelves ~3 months longer than the Town Hall. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1