What Lego set did you buy today?

Swung in to local LEGO store to make a purchase and grab Star Wars promos... Checked out the Pillars of Creation display. I wish they were selling those as kits.

Noticed remaining wave I Monkie Kid sets were finally marked down to 30% off from 20%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a bulk lot which came with the original UCS snowspeeder 10129. It came with all the expensive parts, but unfortunately missing most the wings and the UCS plaque sticker. I should have most of the old gray and white pieces.

So, I am wondering would it worth my while:

1) to BL the remaining pieces and complete it and sell it.

2) to sell the expensive pieces as individual piece.

3) to BL the remaining pieces and complete it, but without the plaque sticker, and sell it.

4) sell as-is.

I have one myself, so this is to sell.

47 minutes ago, Ogelwoc said:

I bought a bulk lot which came with the original UCS snowspeeder 10129. It came with all the expensive parts, but unfortunately missing most the wings and the UCS plaque sticker. I should have most of the old gray and white pieces.

3) to BL the remaining pieces and complete it, but without the plaque sticker, and sell it.

4) sell as-is.

When I picked up a used 10030 ISD, it was in similar shape.  All the important stuff was there, maybe $20-$30 worth of BL parts needed, but no plaque sticker.  I ended up ordering a new sticker from a guy in Australia on eBay, and was sure to note that it was not an original sticker in the listing.  Sold without issue.

I guess I'd figure out whether it's worth your time, effort, and money to complete it vs the potential selling price of individual expensive pieces vs "as is" condition.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ogelwoc said:

4) sell as-is.

Margins are tight.  The best I can say is price out the missing pieces and don't forget to figure shipping into your cost.  See what your break even price is and see if you can beat it.  I admit, I seriously debated about piecing out my 10030 lot (especially since it was the old light and dark gray,) after realizing what the large wheels, trans-blue dishes, and shield generator bases were selling for.  But I enjoyed putting the set together and in the end did make about $100 profit even after the new SD was announced.

BTW, just for selling comparison of your 10129: https://www.ebay.com/itm/164840572039?hash=item2661438487:g:4LMAAOSwyfRghKvo

• Like 1

Swung into local LEGO Shop for first time in a few weeks to grab the Promo and scope things out. I grabbed a couple sets and in addition to the Sea Ship ride promo, they gave me a Speed Champions polybag and a Dots polybag.

Also, the space sets (60226, 60228, 60229) - were all marked down 20% for clearance. 60256 (Auto Tuning Shop) also marked down 20%, in addition to the remaining Wave I Monkie Kid stuff. Annnnnd Frozen Elsa Wagon Adventure.

Thanks to a previous customer who left a string of coupons behind, including a 30% off Toys (excl. clearance, $30 max savings), picked up 20 Looney Tunes minifigures (incl. all 12 different figs) for $73 at Meijer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Phil B said:

Thanks to a previous customer who left a string of coupons behind, including a 30% off Toys (excl. clearance, $30 max savings), picked up 20 Looney Tunes minifigures (incl. all 12 different figs) for $73 at Meijer.

I definitely sheepishly looked in the trash can next to the self check when I was there the other day. I've score some seriously good coupons that way.