Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 minute ago, Pseudoty said:

IMG_1972.png

Tell Amazon. IMO this is a set that has very high Investor hype / actual demand ratio. It's super celebrated, but just not mainstream enough to really fly. Hope I'm wrong, I have a bunch. The Birds of Paradise I think is the opposite. Panned as an expensive set, but theres good demand for it. Off to a nice jump with 100 sellers couple of weeks ago and now done to just 20. As Shane would say, "It's a target exclusive"

image.png.42c9785c5a583f2931ca46ddcb294f28.png

Just now, Achilles said:

BUT - Is Birds of Paradise ranked in the Home and Kitchen category, the way Blacksmith is? I think not. ("#21,159 in Home & Kitchen)

:)

BOP is one of the annoying listings that have no sales rank. USed to be impossible to really trace those listings. At least now amazon has the 800+ Units tag so we can compare that way. Super helpful for resellers

8 minutes ago, Stonebreaker said:

Amzon Germany's Most Wanted Listed (building sets). There seems to be a pattern.

With Bird of Paradise it's "off the races" as Jim might say.

BTW: Don't ask about no. 6, probably a scam.

2023-12-27 23_26_08-Amazon.de Am häufigsten gewünscht_ Artikel, die in Bauspielzeugsets am häufigste.png

Same in USA for botanicals. Orchids sold a frightening 100k+ units last month alone on amazon. Bonsai 60k+ That has to be a non dinosaur record. BOP far behind other stars in a theme is good for the theme for sure.

8 minutes ago, mlc3423 said:

Back in stock at B&N for MSRP........Of course if you're a member you get 10% plus stamps as well

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lego-ideas-medieval-blacksmith-21325-lego-systems-inc/1138889039?ean=0673419338349

Set is in stock everywhere around me and maybe you as well; will take a while to dry up in the bookstores.

14 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Same in USA for botanicals. Orchids sold a frightening 100k+ units last month alone on amazon. Bonsai 60k+ That has to be a non dinosaur record. BOP far behind other stars in a theme is good for the theme for sure.

You could only buy BOP from LEGO and 2 minor retailers here (Germany), I think. Could you buy the set at Amazon, Target, Walmart or Barnes & Noble in the US?

Edited by Stonebreaker
clarification