Retiring Soon - open speculation

On 12/10/2023 at 2:42 PM, raindog said:

I tend to think that way a lot but, I am constantly reminded about how the T1 VW Van went 2x almost immediately after retirement and how well 75159 is doing.  As for someone else stating that holding a set over 5 years after retirement will always produce a winner, allow me to introduce to you just one DC Comic set that I have tubs of.  I hate DC sets!

image.thumb.png.b507014fce458da76a02d32efbd617e6.png

Retired 10 years and still just barely at 1.5x msrp.  I have other DC examples.........

@terrymc4677 can tell some Super Heroes stories....

76013_alt1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unretiring Soon?

Lego 10289 - Birds of Paradise.

I am beginning to believe this has may been extended.

It has flipped multiple times from Sold Out to Available on both Lego.com & Lego.ca

Costco canada had 0 till today, now there are exactly 1021 in stock, which is a ginormous amount for a set that is not a strong seller. (amazon canada itself only sells 700 a month during holiday months, and closer to 200 rest of year - and costco is surely less than half of amazon - potentially a half years worth of costco stock)

Amazon canada has plenty and has never gone out of stock. 

Why does canada matter to us in USA? It provides insight into the North American supply chain.

Target is the only glimmer of hope as they have been in and out stock since their BF sale.

Hope I'm wrong - I have lots of these.

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Unretiring Soon?

Lego 10289 - Birds of Paradise.

I am beginning to believe this has may been extended.

It has flipped multiple times from Sold Out to Available on both Lego.com & Lego.ca

Costco canada had 0 till today, now there are exactly 1021 in stock, which is a ginormous amount for a set that is not a strong seller. (amazon canada itself only sells 700 a month during holiday months, and closer to 200 rest of year - and costco is surely less than half of amazon - potentially a half years worth of costco stock)

Amazon canada has plenty and has never gone out of stock. 

Why does canada matter to us in USA? It provides insight into the North American supply chain.

Target is the only glimmer of hope as they have been in and out stock since their BF sale.

Hope I'm wrong - I have lots of these.

Retired on Shop at Home Australia, Oh happy day!

https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/bird-of-paradise-10289

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 5.56.57 PM.png

• Like 1

LOL…I knew that picture would come back to haunt me. You can’t say I’m not dedicated. Day after foot surgery and I was out picking WM clearance.

If I remember correctly I think those were down to $13. I’m pretty sure I did better on those than the Joker Steamrollers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dear colleagues, what do you think about the set 80039? On the official website LEGO.com it is marked as sold out, the price on the Bricklink is already higher than the recommended retail price and the quantity stock is very small.

Edited by ravel

I'll explain what I'm guided by using Bricklink besides my gut and experience. I look at the stock figures (of course, many do not sell there, but still). Of course, I also take into account the number of relevant ads in my country. I also pay attention to the sale price, if there is an opportunity to buy Bricklink cheaper or at the lowest price in my country, then at least I will not lose, and if people decide to import to my country, then the price will already be higher and I will be competitive. Well, I will add, in my opinion, a very important indicator, this is the number of goods sold in the last 6 months, it shows the demand and at what price people are willing to buy.

And if we take into account this logic, then we can say that 80039 can be bought.

image.thumb.png.a45b20361d7ca6bff4b6f9cf547eccbf.png

• Like 1