Retiring Soon - open speculation

On 1/17/2024 at 1:55 PM, Stonebreaker said:

Meanwhile, 10278 Police Station is no longer available in Europe, therefore the last availble modular is 10270 Bookshop.

Still available:

41721 Friends Organic Farm

41729 Friends Organic Grocery Store

What do you guys think of these sets as investment (available for approx. 50% off)?

amazon showing 200 sales per month, Plus friends is not like it used to be for flipping. Not something we would load up on.

Many LEGO sets have been marked "Retired Product" on LEGO.com USA, including:

21186 The Ice Castle

21188 The Llama Village

60320 Fire Station

60323 Stunt Plane

60330 Hospital

60343 Rescue Helicopter Transport

60349 Lunar Space Station

60393 4x4 Fire Truck Rescue

41696 Pony Washing Stable

41704 Main Street Building

41708 Roller Disco Arcade

41711 Emma's Art School

41713 Olivia's Space Academy

41716 Stephanie's Sailing Adventure

41717 Mia's Wildlife Rescue

41726 Holiday Camping Trip

80039 The Heavenly Realms

42111 Dom's Dodge Charger

42117 Race Plane

42129 4x4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Trial Truck

42131 App-Controlled CAT D11 Bulldozer

42135 Monster Jam El Toro Loco

42139 All-Terrain Vehicle

42140 App-Controlled Transformation Vehicle

• Like 1

Probably all of you know this.

CHANGES FOR JANUARY:

ThemeSet    #Set Name   Old Date   New Date    Change

Mario71429Nabbit at Toad's Shop  Jul 31, 2025  Dec 31, 2024-6 months

Icons10320Eldorado Fortress  Dec 31, 2026  Dec 31, 2024  -2 years**

Icons10321Corvette Dec 31, 2026, Dec 31, 2024  -2 years**

Technic42157John Deere 948L-II Skidder  Dec 31, 2026  Dec 31, 2024  -2 years**

Architecture21056Taj Mahal  Dec 31, 2025  Dec 31, 2024-1 year

Art31209The Amazing Spider-Man  Dec 31, 2025  Dec 31, 2024-1 year

Art31210Modern   Art 31, 2025  Dec 31, 2024-1 year

Classic11028Creative Pastel Fun  Dec 31, 2025  Dec 31, 2024-1 year

DreamZzz71472Izzie's Narwhal Hot-Air Balloon  Dec 31, 2025  Dec 31, 2024-1 year

DreamZzz71477The Sandman's Tower  Dec 31, 2025  Dec 31, 2024-1 year

Technic42152Firefighter Aircraft  Dec 31, 2025  Dec 31, 2024-1 year

Miscellaneous40638Heart Ornament  Dec 31, 2024 Dec 31, 2025+1 year

Technic42115Lamborghini Sián FKP 37  Dec 31, 2024  Dec 31, 2025+1 year

Technic42130BMW M 1000 RR  Dec 31, 2024  Dec 31, 2025+1 year

Technic42141McLaren Formula 1 Race Car  Dec 31, 2024  Dec 31, 2025+1 year

Technic42151Bugatti Bolide  Dec 31, 2024  Dec 31, 2025+1 year

from reddit

Edited by vasp
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, vasp said:

Probably all of you know this.

CHANGES FOR JANUARY:

ThemeSet    #Set Name   Old Date   New Date    Change

Icons10321Corvette Dec 31, 2026, Dec 31, 2024  -2 years**

Corvette is kinda a surprise.  I have yet to see this one on the shelves at target, I've seen all the other vehicles there.  If it truly is retiring after this year, it will definitely be a set to invest in.  Supposedly, the Camaro is also retiring this year.  

Looking for thoughts on BOP - 10289. Its sitting at close to $190 now for a couple weeks. Seller count rose to 35 but now back at 25. Is this a Valentines day bump or are we looking at a genuine TFH part 2?

I sold my ties way too early after the first bump and then watched it rise to $330. Seems like this may have similar legs 

Slightly concerned about some sort of quick remake or inclusion is a new bouqet of some sort

Edited by Bricklectic

35 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Looking for thoughts on BOP - 10289. Its sitting at close to $190 now for a couple weeks. Seller count rose to 35 but now back at 25. Is this a Valentines day bump or are we looking at a genuine TFH part 2?

I sold my ties way too early after the first bump and then watched it rise to $330. Seems like this may have similar legs 

Slightly concerned about some sort of quick remake or inclusion is a new bouqet of some sort

Its going to keep going up.  Hold.

• Like 1

The completionist pull on the Botanical line is strong and now that many new enters will be getting the rose bouquet for Valentine’s Day interest should increase. I think it is the ugliest and most overpriced set in the line so many collectors probably passed regretfully so. Remake doubtful unless the angry target soccer moms pressure Lego into it, inclusion in a bouquet possible next year at the earliest. I doubt we will see a TFH remake but could they make a micro version GWP to satisfy demand like Ninjago City possible. Just hurry up and grab 30 off BL shipped for just under MSRP. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pseudoty said:

The completionist pull on the Botanical line is strong and now that many new enters will be getting the rose bouquet for Valentine’s Day interest should increase. I think it is the ugliest and most overpriced set in the line so many collectors probably passed regretfully so. Remake doubtful unless the angry target soccer moms pressure Lego into it, inclusion in a bouquet possible next year at the earliest. I doubt we will see a TFH remake but could they make a micro version GWP to satisfy demand like Ninjago City possible. Just hurry up and grab 30 off BL shipped for just under MSRP. 

I have tropical decor and love this set and think it looks great. There is some cross interest with those that like tropical plants as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billy Brick said:

I have tropical decor and love this set and think it looks great. There is some cross interest with those that like tropical plants as well.

Did you get the Macaws to display? I need a break from this Titanic build and they are calling me. 

6 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Did you get the Macaws to display? I need a break from this Titanic build and they are calling me. 

I wish they had a little more color variation but I get what they were going for with the art style, they would pop on the right color background. Seems like a rewarding build.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 7:28 AM, Bricklectic said:

Blizzard warning! just like that.. someone tanked the listing.

image.thumb.png.34cf26d528c43e22ae33d6781e7dada1.png

a tie fighter this is not ive decided....

Its back up to 190.  Almost double rrp, so this one is looking good as an investment.  I think youre being a little impatient.

• Confused 1

On 1/31/2024 at 6:16 PM, Bricklectic said:

blizzard came and left. They always scare us with these snowstorm predictions!

I have a few of these.  I regretted not buying this one when it went out of stock at lego.com back in december.  Then they popped back into stock, and I bought a couple and got a good GWP that I sold off that I basically consider a discount too.  Then about 2 weeks later, each of the targets in my town got in about 3 at each store and discounted them to about 80.00 (and all the stores in my town they stuff them behind lock glass, so the boxes are minty).  So, I picked up a few more.   I'm holding them for a few years I think.  The jump out of the retirement gate which was about less than 30 days ago, has been good and I believe we could see this one get to 3 to 4x within a couple years.  I'm tempted to crack one open and build one, but so far i've resisted the urge and haven't built a single set with this theme.  I think this theme is one of the few that is going to do well.  When my son got really into lego, the Architecture theme was pretty new, and that was kind of a golden era, IMO.  Not saying the botanical line will go that way, but its one of the themes that could head that way.  I know i'm not the only one that thinks that way, either.  I hope they dont overdo it with too many sets.  I hope they keep it to about 2 to 3 new sets a year. 

This site is saying the Icons Corvette is retiring this year.  Think this is accurate?  It just came out last August.  That would be about a year and a few month run which would make it rare short run for this theme...but hey.  

https://www.brickfanatics.com/every-lego-set-retiring-this-year-and-beyond#retiring-icons-sets

Edited by fossilrock

11 hours ago, fossilrock said:

This site is saying the Icons Corvette is retiring this year.  Think this is accurate?  It just came out last August.  That would be about a year and a few month run which would make it rare short run for this theme...but hey.  

https://www.brickfanatics.com/every-lego-set-retiring-this-year-and-beyond#retiring-icons-sets

No guarantee it will retire this year. 

55 minutes ago, ManAetherslime14 said:

No guarantee it will retire this year. 

That's a given.  It could be said about every single LEGO set that is currently being sold.  Personally, I don't find a 16 month shelf life to be odd at all.

14 hours ago, fossilrock said:

It's way too early in the year for the retirement lists currently floating around to be taken as highly accurate.  If it stays on the retirement lists past August, then it's probably a lock to retire this year, but LEGO has made late retirement changes in the past.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redcell said:

It's way too early in the year for the retirement lists currently floating around to be taken as highly accurate.  If it stays on the retirement lists past August, then it's probably a lock to retire this year, but LEGO has made late retirement changes in the past.

It's probably going to depend on how many of you go start buying corvettes in Q1 and 2 ;)

• Like 2