Retiring Soon - open speculation

5 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

image.thumb.png.fbb899d06b8c7159710176af9bd68308.png

image.png.69b32b45b21b9fc3462fbe300c3e566f.pngimage.png.476e29e48997d93c585c99f92104812f.pngimage.png.a552be9c68389b266291ae7b1d5e0e80.pngimage.png.8c08f54cc6ffe2c0eb843f8234eaac89.png

Am I crazy or is this an insane amount of sellers for a brickheadz set. Only 100 sold in December, seems like the YT channels may have gotten everyone to overbuy

Not sure the set is that known.  Just my feeling about it anyway.  Great value at $24.  

Increasingly I get less concerned with additional sellers and more concerned about Amazon cancelling buy boxes or making items unsearchable.  I have a lot of inventory that I have been unable to move just because of this.  Can't count the number of times I check prices before sending in a shipment only to find the buy box gone once they receive it.  Or I "replenish" seasonal inventory and then find out it's no longer searchable.  At least I can see the additional buyers that are already on the platform and identity the sales rank to clearly make a decision on something before hand.

16 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

image.png.69b32b45b21b9fc3462fbe300c3e566f.pngimage.png.476e29e48997d93c585c99f92104812f.pngimage.png.a552be9c68389b266291ae7b1d5e0e80.pngimage.png.8c08f54cc6ffe2c0eb843f8234eaac89.png

Am I crazy or is this an insane amount of sellers for a brickheadz set. Only 100 sold in December, seems like the YT channels may have gotten everyone to overbuy

Isn’t this one of “Jim’s” top 10 super secret patreon picks?

What gets me is how easily they will take the L. Set hasn’t even been out 10 months and so readily dumping inventory.

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

This doesn’t surprise me at all.  This set has been the focus on some of the new “investor” forums I keep an eye on.  I’d be surprised if that number doesn’t continue to rise.  Welcome to the new normal.

27 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Increasingly I get less concerned with additional sellers and more concerned about Amazon cancelling buy boxes or making items unsearchable.  I have a lot of inventory that I have been unable to move just because of this.  Can't count the number of times I check prices before sending in a shipment only to find the buy box gone once they receive it.

Yeah the buybox dissappearing is MAMMOTH issue. Case in point. The technix excavator from last year ($40 set) was languishing at 70 all year with no bb despite only 25 sellers.

A secondary listing opened last month and i sold about 50, many at $135, Thats an INSANE differential.

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Yeah the buybox dissappearing is MAMMOTH issue. Case in point. The technix excavator from last year ($40 set) was languishing at 70 all year with no bb despite only 25 sellers.

A secondary listing opened last month and i sold about 50, many at $135, Thats an INSANE differential.

I think Amazon is turning off the buy box when many sets go significantly above their list price. I have noticed the listings with inflated list prices, tend to almost always have a buy box.......just FYI.

Just now, cmartin33 said:

Just now, cmartin33 said:

I think Amazon is turning off the buy box when many sets go significantly above their list price. I have noticed the listings with inflated list prices, tend to almost always have a buy box.......just FYI.

yeah i think everyone knows the cause. solution is the problem

16 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Ebay

• Confused 1

I will say the lack of a buy box does have an effect.  For example, I plan on listing bookshop, police station, and assembly square on amazon.  Only Police Station has a buy box.  The other two dont.  Police Station is also going for about 100.00 over original retail, while the other two are around 35 to 40.00 over rrp.  I'm sure the buy box makes a difference in amount of sales.  I wish amazon wasn't ran like some third world country.  Nothing they do ever makes any sense and there's never consistency.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I will say the lack of a buy box does have an effect.  For example, I plan on listing bookshop, police station, and assembly square on amazon.  Only Police Station has a buy box.  The other two dont.  Police Station is also going for about 100.00 over original retail, while the other two are around 35 to 40.00 over rrp.  I'm sure the buy box makes a difference in amount of sales.  I wish amazon wasn't ran like some third world country.  Nothing they do ever makes any sense and there's never consistency.  

i'm about to break 40k this month in fbm sales mainly on listings without buyboxes.  best december ever since selling in 2012.  go figure.  one thing that amazon consistently provides is sales.  about $2k of salles was on https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075T1R6X9?th=1 never had a buybox.  unloaded them all for $91.99.  buyin $24.   thanks Jeff!

Edited by cladner

19 minutes ago, cladner said:

i'm about to break 40k this month in fbm sales mainly on listings without buyboxes.  best december ever since selling in 2012.  go figure.  one thing that amazon consistently provides is sales.  about $2k of salles was on https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075T1R6X9?th=1 never had a buybox.  unloaded them all for $91.99.  buyin $24.   thanks Jeff!

We get your metrics will get you to the top, but that's still only for people who know to look at "other buying options".

Take 60215.  I blew through inventory on one listing for about $95 that had a buy box.  My inventory on the other listing just sat there at $70 (no buy box).  Apples to apples comparison.

As far as this December went, it was definitely an up month.  I had been conditioned last few years to unload a little earlier before the market gets flooded with new sellers driving the prices down.  This year is the first time in a while prices went up in December.  I definitely left some money on the table this year.

31 minutes ago, cladner said:

I've done fine despite the lack of the buy box on a majority of the listings I've sold on, but would have done a lot better had the buy box remained in place on those listings.

• Like 2

The building app for iOS has been updated with all of the 1/1/2024 Retired sets listed as such even though Lego Dot Com still doesn’t have the designation. You can no longer view them all easily by theme you have to tap on the set of interest to see the status. 

IMG_1996.png

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2

Meanwhile, 10278 Police Station is no longer available in Europe, therefore the last availble modular is 10270 Bookshop.

Still available:

41721 Friends Organic Farm

41729 Friends Organic Grocery Store

What do you guys think of these sets as investment (available for approx. 50% off)?