Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

The gate is a must.  It needed to be big.  I would have skipped the interior dioramas though as most collectors will display this against the back of a wall or shelf.  At the very least the kids should have been included.  That and a vehicle just to give the T-Rex something to step on.  

The current Jeep Wrangler is already yellow and ready for modding...am curious how the scale matches up

Another option (as others mentioned) would be to include a jeep instead of the gate. It could be a fantastic little build and very iconic BUT ultimately a large gate with the T- Rex just looks more complete. 

Or an outhouse. I think that would be acceptable too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I am trying with great difficulty to not spend anymore on large LEGO sets this close to  Xmas, but The Titanic set and USC AT AT if it appears, are 8.00am first day purchases for me. Sadly, blown most of my VIP points a few weeks ago on another  T Rex set. Just hoping the Titanic  has a decent GWP. I am going to guess it will sell out first day like 75192 and prob not be back in stock for a while this side of Xmas. May do a quick flip and buy another when it restocks.

8 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Walmart has that set marked for $30 on their Black Friday digital flyer, so expect some stock to appear shortly. I’m gated on this ASIN so I’m passing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regional variations. Amazon have been OOS since early September apart from very light restocks that went poof pretty quickly. Other HP sets are aplenty although Knight Bus is looking OK for lack of stock on Az. 

Edited by Goblin

3 hours ago, Goblin said:

Regional variations. Amazon have been OOS since early September apart from very light restocks that went poof pretty quickly. Other HP sets are aplenty although Knight Bus is looking OK for lack of stock on Az. 

Just because Amazon is OOS doesn't mean anything. Amazon is currently OSS on the recently released 75316 and third-party sellers are having a field day pricing it at x2 RRP, but this will end once restock hits and the holidays come to an end. Target, Walmart, Khols, Barnes & Nobel all have availability online for HP Hagrid's Hut. 

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

Just because Amazon is OOS doesn't mean anything. Amazon is currently OSS on the recently released 75316 and third-party sellers are having a field day pricing it at x2 RRP, but this will end once restock hits and the holidays come to an end. Target, Walmart, Khols, Barnes & Nobel all have availability online for HP Hagrid's Hut. 

I am only commenting on the European market. Az.de, fr and .co.uk are all out and SaH are sold out. 

I haven't got a clue on your side of the Pond, which is why I said regional. 

• Thanks 1

Pro Tip:

I have found a few sets on my list that are marked as Retired in the building instructions  app that are not marked as Retired at LEGO dot com. 

1 set I have been stockpiling heavily lately is marked as Sold Out, but can still get multiples online at 20% off MSRP but is already selling for 40% above MSRP on Amazon. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Pro Tip:

I have found a few sets on my list that are marked as Retired in the building instructions  app that are not marked as Retired at LEGO dot com. 

1 set I have been stockpiling heavily lately is marked as Sold Out, but can still get multiples online at 20% off MSRP but is already selling for 40% above MSRP on Amazon. 

Riddle me this...riddle me that...

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Pro Tip:

I know which set you are talking about, but I would not say it...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Pro Tip:

if you are telling people where to find it, just tell people what they are ffs

3 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

There is a wealth of information available (like above). Some people don't want to do the work, but expect it to be handed to them. I think it's funny people get upset by it. 

i dont care, i just never see the point of the cock waving. either share or keep it to yourself...

24 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

I don't usually say much but @Pseudotyis far from an ass. He has shared a ton of deals and opportunities I'd have never known about  I am not certain but fairly confident I figured out exactly which set(s) he was referring to pretty quickly just by pausing to think and doing a little digging. Not everything has to be or should be spoon fed to everyone here. That he disclosed the discrepancy at all is generous enough.

my post wasn't meant to be an insult

...and i do mean it...we're not all saints here holding hands singing kumbaya.