Retiring Soon - open speculation

LOL - a company which wants to sell as much as possible
It's not too far fetched. They did completely remove the BHZ Nutcracker and Christmas Wreath from the website this past July in a move that I assume was made to stockpile the sets for the 4th quarter holiday season. Because both sets reappeared, in stock, on the website on 1 Oct. Could be that they want to make sure that they have sets available during the holiday rush.

And yes, as people have pointed out, Lego has a factory in Mexico that probably supplies the US with most of it's inventory. But if people can't buy LOL, Barbie, or whatever other toy is made in China because of shipping delays then they are going to buy their kids gifts from what is in stock on shelves. Meaning a lack in supply of other toys will cause a lack of supply on toys produced more locally. They aren't just not going to buy their kids anything because the toy on top of the list isn't available.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

reminds me of san francisco. and creeper mine. and technic corvette. and baronyx..and a bunch of others..

itll be back

they always come back

all the other sets you listed are cheap and can be easily bought en masse.   75936 is a large set that was never in a bm target or walmart.  only 11 sellers atm on amazon compared to all the rest of the triple digit seller listings.  i'd say its quite a different beast and will not come back as reliably as the other sets you listed.

10 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

well it's gone from everywhere and the tag was just changed to sold out in the usa

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/jurassic-park-t-rex-rampage-75936

10 minutes ago, cladner said:

all the other sets you listed are cheap and can be easily bought en masse.   75936 is a large set that was never in a bm target or walmart.  only 11 sellers atm on amazon compared to all the rest of the triple digit seller listings.  i'd say its quite a different beast and will not come back as reliably as the other sets you listed.

If you are looking to get some (more), it's still available at BN:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lego-jurassic-world-jurassic-park-lego/1133935280

2 hours ago, cladner said:

agreed I think it is done except the bn stock.  of course I have no idea.  I think they are too busy building home alone sets.  this one reminds me of cloud city and ninjago city and docks.

all the other sets you listed are cheap and can be easily bought en masse.   75936 is a large set that was never in a bm target or walmart. 

imo thats a difference without a distinction.

only 11 sellers atm on amazon compared to all the rest of the triple digit seller listings.  

im gated, i bet most are as well.

.  i'd say its quite a different beast and will not come back as reliably as the other sets you listed.

hope youre right just cautioning against premature celebration. if its really gone for good, its one of the sleepers that will do quite well.

34 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

imo thats a difference without a distinction.

im gated, i bet most are as well.

hope youre right just cautioning against premature celebration. if its really gone for good, its one of the sleepers that will do quite well.

my point is that the larger sets are made in much smaller number and that there was no way to get them on an arm-sweep 50% clearance discount. kind of like number of bitcoin vs number of cardano.   i am also gated but will get a few so i can fulfill some big time person's FBM orders via ebay later on.  

Edited by cladner

10 minutes ago, cladner said:

my point is that the larger sets are made in much smaller number and that there was no way to get them on an arm-sweep 50% clearance discount. kind of like number of bitcoin vs number of cardano.   i am also gated but will get a few so i can fulfill some big time person's FBM orders via ebay later on.  

A good chance this will be ungated in the future, as usual.

13 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

will be back. nothing retiring in end of year is gone before november. heck even december retiress linger till february usually.

those with longer memories than mine feel free to cite evidence to the contrary

that's fair. and i've only been in the game a few years but things definitely run over into the next year. will be other opportunities. 

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

will be back. nothing retiring in end of year is gone before november. heck even december retiress linger till february usually.

those with longer memories than mine feel free to cite evidence to the contrary

I wouldn't count on that.  When large exclusives like this go around this time of the year, they tend to be gone.  They may pop back up here and there based on returns/delayed shipments or other reasons, but I wouldn't count on being able to easily buy this set at retail a month from now or later.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mathew said:

The JP set was probably not a great seller. I still think they missed by not including a vehicle whether it be the Jeep or Explorer. 

poor seller because it was over-priced by at least 20%

same category as the Disney Train...my guess is that they both hit White Whale territory in 5 years.  playing w/ amateur psychology; an item that is perceived as over-priced will not be purchased when readily available (waiting for a sale); when it retires then the sudden price jump starts feeding into the (irrational) wait till the price goes down approach...if price keeps appreciating then the guy keeps kicking himself for not getting it sooner; but no way will succumb to the "ridiculous price" currently

This happened to me w/ the damn Christmas train....I missed all the <$100 sales...many opportunities to get it at $115-$150...now at $225+ seems like I "missed the train"