Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 hours ago, marcandre said:

Retiring-Home-202011-Hero01-Short-Large.jpg?fit=crop&format=jpg&quality=80&width=1600&height=200&dpr=1

"Catch these LEGO sets before they're gone forever"...Yeah right

"forever" is as likely as the typical marriage nowadays

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

just walked into smyths 3 death stars on top shelf grrrr

Depending on store manager, you can also buy the store displays once set becomes retired. My local also didn't glue the sets, and came with box / instructions, so could easily sell.

SW update: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-eol-end-of-life-2021/

Changes copied below:

These are the changes we made to the list:

• Funnily enough, the EOL date for all LEGO VIDIYO sets has been postponed to the end of 2022. While LEGO has actually paused the theme world, at least according to internal planning at LEGO, the sets have not yet left the range. We have deleted the sets from the table below accordingly.
  • In addition, the LEGO BrickHeadz 40496 Voldemort, Nagini & Bellatrix set has been extended again and will only disappear from the range at the end of 2022. We have also adjusted this accordingly in the table.
  • Due to the clarification from LEGO on the future of baseplates , we have also updated the corresponding text section on our LEGO EOL 2021 list.
  • Old updates that are no longer up-to-date ( LEGO 80010 Demon Bull King and 71044 were meanwhile marked as "Old Product" ) have been reversed.

In addition, another important topic should be addressed in this update to the EOL list: LEGO recently marked many sets in the LEGO online shop with “soon to be discontinued” . However, this list is not complete! There has been some speculation that the LEGO Ideas 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay is not "End of Life" after all, because it has not yet been marked by LEGO. At the current time, however, to the best of our knowledge , December 31, 2021 is still the EOL date for Pirate Bay. So the set has not been extended (so far)!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Achilles said:

The A-Wing seems to be joining an increasingly longer line of sets that have disappeared from Retail and LEGO sites and stores, only to live on for a year or more at MSRP from Amazon...

It was in every Lego store I went to yesterday (4) and was at many Targets last week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Achilles said:

The A-Wing seems to be joining an increasingly longer line of sets that have disappeared from Retail and LEGO sites and stores, only to live on for a year or more at MSRP from Amazon...

Ah, the force is strong with this one 🙂 I am beginning to understand . . . 

Just saw one for £45 on Amazon! There is New Hope . . .

1 minute ago, gmpirate said:

It was in every Lego store I went to yesterday (4) and was at many Targets last week.

I'm in Ireland and only a handful of stores here have Lego. I saw in one store and bought because I thought it was retired (actually Lego Online says it has).

I'm learning

5 minutes ago, maestro said:

Ah, the force is strong with this one 🙂 I am beginning to understand . . . 

Just saw one for £45 on Amazon! There is New Hope . . .

I'm in Ireland and only a handful of stores here have Lego. I saw in one store and bought because I thought it was retired (actually Lego Online says it has).

I'm learning

Last I checked, it was on the list . . .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

yes this is an underreported phenomenon.

add 76120 on walmart for nearly a year now.

• Like 1