Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, HandyHand said:

Pirates of Barracuda Bay is back for ordering (Limit 5). Will be interesting to see if it was just a one off batch that will soon sell out again, or a large amount that will stay available for the coming months.

Well, that didn't last long. Already back to Temporarily Out of Stock

A-Wing Starfighter has dimensions and is labeled "Retiring Soon"

Crocodile Locomotive has dimensions and is labeled "Retiring Soon"

Ship in a Bottle re-release has dimensions and is labeled "Retiring Soon"

But, in general the theory does hold up. These are the exceptions to the general rule.

Edited by HandyHand
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HandyHand said:

Pirates of Barracuda Bay is back for ordering (Limit 5). Will be interesting to see if it was just a one off batch that will soon sell out again, or a large amount that will stay available for the coming months.

For what it's worth, got mine last saturday and the seal says 33S1.

Edited by Eric83

6 minutes ago, Eric83 said:

For what it's worth, got mine this week and the seal says 33S1.

I forget how to read these stamps, can someone point me to the thread on this or provide a quick refresher please?  I believe the first digits is the time (year or quarter maybe) and the last two is the location (maybe)?  please and ty!

Edited by LegoTriathlete

26 minutes ago, LegoTriathlete said:

I forget how to read these stamps, can someone point me to the thread on this or provide a quick refresher please?  I believe the first digits is the time (year or quarter maybe) and the last two is the location (maybe)?  please and ty!

This is how I read them: S1 (season/year? 1) and 33 (production run in week 33)
I'm not sure if anyone has a definitive answer but it could be that 33 is the week number of the production batch. Although I have seen contradicting codes as well.

Can't find the old thread that quickly but it has been discussed many times throughout different posts. 

One thing is for sure: when it is retired it doesn't matter anymore (to me) ;)

Edited by Eric83

3 minutes ago, Eric83 said:

That's also how I read them.. S1 (season/year? 1) and 33 (production run in week 33)
I'm not sure if anyone has a definitive answer but I'm fairly confident the 33 is the week number of the production batch. At least; that has always made sense to me.
Can't find the old thread that quickly but it has been discussed many times throughout different posts.

It's week, factory, year. So 33S1 would be 33rd week of 2021 in factory S (Czech Republic, I believe).

I didn't check but dimensions could be related to release date, with later releases having that info. And since older sets are more likely to retire...  Or the Treehouse disappears 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, LegoTriathlete said:

33S1
33=produced on the 33 week of the year.
S=Production Facility (Factory)
1=year.

Production Plant
H = Nyíregyháza, Hungary
R = Ciénega de Flores, Mexico
S = Kladno, Czech Republic
Q = Purkersdorf, Austria
B = Shenzhen, China
M = Billund, Denmark
O = Billund, Denmark

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ISO8T0 said:

33S1
1=year.

Production Plant
H = Nyíregyháza, Hungary
Q = Purkersdorf, Austria
B = Shenzhen, China
M = Billund, Denmark
O = Billund, Denmark

I have followed this theory for years and it definitely helps determine when and where....but yesterday I was packing up some Zombie Caves and noticed that one of the boxes code started with a 71 (71st week of the year???). First time I have seen that....

1 minute ago, odysea11 said:

I have followed this theory for years and it definitely helps determine when and where....but yesterday I was packing up some Zombie Caves and noticed that one of the boxes code started with a 71 (71st week of the year???). First time I have seen that....

There are 5 digit seal codes as well, which follow the <day of the week><week#><factory><year> format. So 733S1 is Sunday (or Saturday) of the 33rd week of 2021, produced in Kladno.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

There are 5 digit seal codes as well, which follow the <day of the week><week#><factory><year> format. So 733S1 is Sunday (or Saturday) of the 33rd week of 2021, produced in Kladno.

That's got to be it.....because come to think of it, it was a 5 digit code. Thanks Phil!

On 9/13/2021 at 11:29 PM, nolan808 said:

Why is promobricks retiring list so different to stonewars lol it's making it quite tricky. 

Who should we be trusting more?

Agree with your previous post, Lego Jurassic world trex rampage has been restocked at Argos despite being listed as sold out on legos website for weeks. It appears a sold out tag dosent mean too much right now.

4 minutes ago, Tedron said:

Agree with your previous post, Lego Jurassic world trex rampage has been restocked at Argos despite being listed as sold out on legos website for weeks. It appears a sold out tag dosent mean too much right now.

Isn't is possible the product source is coming from different places, or delivery time of the product from those sources is different?

Lots of stuff comes in stock at retailers and never comes back at Lego.com

3 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

san fran now gone at target as well as walmart and lego sah

amazon is all pver the place jumping from 40 to 50 and back on the hour with stock rotating between 1-20 

doesnt really make sense to be gone now, its such a hot seller, but if it would would be epic

I'm at final checkout at Target & Walmart.  $40 at Amazon lImit 20

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 1:27 AM, ISO8T0 said:

33S1
1=year.

Production Plant
H = Nyíregyháza, Hungary
Q = Purkersdorf, Austria
B = Shenzhen, China
M = Billund, Denmark
O = Billund, Denmark

+ Here in Australia, we get a lot of G = somewhere in China i believe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gmpirate said:

I'm at final checkout at Target & Walmart.  $40 at Amazon lImit 20

im still seeing "not available for shipping" at target. guess its jumping around then

amazon jumping around in quantity still. drop down at 5 currently. but that will jump around by the minute literally.

image.thumb.png.9ec4d81afa1f92681afb4357fb60c867.png

i cant find it at walmart can you share a link

nvm found it via google. searching for it on walmart doesnt show up.

o well. 

Edited by Bricklectic

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

im still seeing "not available for shipping" at target. guess its jumping around then

amazon jumping around in quantity still. drop down at 5 currently. but that will jump around by the minute literally.

image.thumb.png.9ec4d81afa1f92681afb4357fb60c867.png

i cant find it at walmart can you share a link

nvm found it via google. searching for it on walmart doesnt show up.

o well. 

ordered 4 more from amazon to throw on the pile. If Singapore (x2 post 1-yr retirement) is any indication...SF should be $100+ this time next year or so