Retiring Soon - open speculation

On 9/12/2021 at 9:39 AM, nolan808 said:

Sold out doesn't mean anything this year. Lego seems to be still distributing sets out to retailers. Don't fall for the trap. Take Tie helmet for instance, Argos have just got it back in stock everywhere and it's been sold out for ages at Lego. 

lego listed loads as retiring. corner garage, rollar coaster, croc train, ginger bread house  stranger things etc...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HandyHand said:

Here's a link to labeled as Retiring Soon and sorted by Price from high to low:

https://www.lego.com/en-nl/search?q=retiring soon&sort.key=PRICE&sort.direction=DESC

altho it's nice to get some semblance of formal confirmation by LEGO; "Retiring Soon" label by LEGO Shop at Home is more in practice a label indicating "buy it now at full retail price [before it goes on sale prior to ACTUAL retirement 6-months to a year or so from now, if we don't change our minds]"

I was planning on getting the Halloween Owl (40497) and Spider/Haunted House Pack (40493) when the sailboat came back into promo (today), but both are now showing as 'sold out' in the US, but they were each just launched not too long ago. Generally speaking, we know 'sold out' on SAH has not been the most reliable indicator in Europe. Any thoughts on whether these will come back into stock here in the US?

Neither were on the StoneWars list for retiring in 2021. For what it's worth, Brickset shows the Owl retiring at the end of 2022 and the Spider/Haunted House retiring at the end of this year. I've heard nothing about whether Brickset's dates are reliable. I can't remember if the Easter Bunny (40463), in the same series as the Owl, was marked as 'sold out' but I know it was unavailable for the longest time then moved to backorder sometime in July. 

Just now, StLBrian said:

I was planning on getting the Halloween Owl (40497) and Spider/Haunted House Pack (40493) when the sailboat came back into promo (today), but both are now showing as 'sold out' in the US, but they were each just launched not too long ago. Generally speaking, we know 'sold out' on SAH has not been the most reliable indicator in Europe. Any thoughts on whether these will come back into stock here in the US?

Neither were on the StoneWars list for retiring in 2021. For what it's worth, Brickset shows the Owl retiring at the end of 2022 and the Spider/Haunted House retiring at the end of this year. I've heard nothing about whether Brickset's dates are reliable. I can't remember if the Easter Bunny (40463), in the same series as the Owl, was marked as 'sold out' but I know it was unavailable for the longest time then moved to backorder sometime in July. 

Holiday sets tend to come back ...like those darn holidays...it's like they come back every year...and at the same time too...weird.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

Why is promobricks retiring list so different to stonewars lol it's making it quite tricky. 

Who should we be trusting more?

Trust no one 😉 it’s a brick eat brick world…..

I reckon there are some sets that are in the grey area that are subject to change when there is a lot of buy in….21322 prob didn’t sell well but prob going like hot cakes recently…. I know resellers don’t dictate this huge global market but combined we must be making a difference to some degree?

Im interested to see 21320 Fossils now off list……not a relic yet, did we hoard too many lol 😝 

58 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

Why is promobricks retiring list so different to stonewars lol it's making it quite tricky. 

Trust no one and everyone.

I saw some comments on buying JW 75941, but looking at the BL sales over the last 6 months they have been terrible. What am I missing?

8 hours ago, nolan808 said:

i'v always trusted stonewars, brickfanatics then promobricks. interesting how promo are sticking with treehouse as retiring. personlly think they will change it to fossils very soon.

7 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

Pirates of Barracuda Bay is back for ordering (Limit 5). Will be interesting to see if it was just a one off batch that will soon sell out again, or a large amount that will stay available for the coming months.

It's back in John Lewis in UK too. Been in stock since yesterday, must be quite a big batch...

41 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

Pirates of Barracuda Bay is back for ordering (Limit 5). Will be interesting to see if it was just a one off batch that will soon sell out again, or a large amount that will stay available for the coming months.

Back in stock USA limit 3 and Amazon limit 20. 

I guess my new not retiring theory is holding up for now:

8Minifigures
H: 24" (59cm)W: 26" (64cm)😧 13" (32cm)
Dimensions