Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Be sure to ask about BB when at the LEGO stores.  I was recently at LEGO and they said they had several BB in the back but no shelf space due to all the new releases.  All these large 18+ sets really hurt smaller stores with limited shelf space.

that's a good point..we talk about shelf space and how LEGO wants to dominate retail chains...but the LEGO stores themselves are fairly small stores...and these set boxes are getting bigger than ever.  My guess is that current sets are about 125% of typical available LEGO store space around the world.  With like another half dozen new big box sets coming before end of year. 

I get that a lot of sales are online...but many are driven by what kids, parents and adults see on the shelves.

2 hours ago, nolan808 said:

3 what's the others lol. 

london bus & aston marton

1 hour ago, Sozial said:

Well that is part of the lego game, if you dont like it, dont do it 

But yeah it sucks to look at sets which should have retired in your opinion. Unfortuneately i know that feeling too well.

as i'v made clear its speculation i can handle from blogs, its the minipulation from lego that pisses me off. last chance to buy my ass.. what a crock of ****.

33 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

as i'v made clear its speculation i can handle from blogs, its the minipulation from lego that pisses me off. last chance to buy my ass.. what a crock of ****.

Wait what. So London bus isn't going? Or it's just gone from sold out to available. 

1 hour ago, joneyyy1981 said:

It's greed, they know exactly what there doing. I have seen it all this year, I wouldn't believe anything blogs or even Lego say about there sets now. There all out to make as much money as possible regardless of how they do it. 

Even sets that are meant to be retired come back due to demand (Disney train).

This investing side of things is over. The last 2 years things have changed a lot and it will only get worse regarding it all.

Just wait and see what actually retires this year. You have to laugh really. 

• Like 1

It's a running joke here that the LEGO tags for "Last Chance to buy" has a backside that says "...at Full Price (before going on discount)"

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, landphieran said:

I'm so confused where this Aston Martin, London Bus and Dinosaur fossil continuation rumors came from. Do we have any legitimate sources for this info?

the fossils rumour seems to be plucked from thin air.

the london bus & aston martin was both on the retiring soon list on lego home. now changed sold out.

i still think fossils will go. how do they keep all these ideas sets on the shelf.

15 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

the london bus & aston martin was both on the retiring soon list on lego home. now changed sold out.

i still think fossils will go. how do they keep all these ideas sets on the shelf.

Retiring soon tags have in the past been removed from sets on SAH that are due to be retired. Could be nothing, could be everything. I wouldn't put to much thought into it. 

Alot of rumours nowadays are just Chinese whispers. Its not all doom and gloom, just buy some Santa sleighs in a couple of days to make up for it.

Promobricks removed Fossils from their retiring list in their September update. So maybe the rumor is stemming from that. Stonewars still has it retiring but they haven't updated their list since mid August, so if the change on Lego's end was after that, their list wouldn't show it. Are there any other reputable sources to go by?

I personally think Ideas set retirement dates are very untrustworthy considering what happened with Saturn V, ship in a bottle, and treehouse. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Edited by cmartin33
  • Like 1

Promobricks removed Fossils from their retiring list in their September update. So maybe the rumor is stemming from that. Stonewars still has it retiring but they haven't updated their list since mid August, so if the change on Lego's end was after that, their list wouldn't show it. Are there any other reputable sources to go by?

Brickset still had the exit date as 2021. Not sure if you consider that reputable.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, redcell said:

It always cracks me up how so many people here seem to think that every little thing that happens with respect to LEGO is part of some well thought out and carefully crafted master plan. I have no direct insight into how LEGO runs internally, but I'm guessing it is far more chaotic and less well planned than many believe. They are running a massive operation and I'd bet they spend far more time figuring out mundane things like how to get X tons of ABS plastic pellets from point A to point B at just the right time so they don't have to sit on a dock waiting for the necessary colorant to arrive from the dye supply company, than they do figuring out when to post a Retiring Soon tag on LEGO Shop at Home to squeeze a little extra out of resellers.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

That's too logical, I rather believe the retirement dates are set by the illuminati.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2021 at 1:21 AM, cmartin33 said:

I personally think Ideas set retirement dates are very untrustworthy considering what happened with Saturn V, ship in a bottle, and treehouse. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

the also have treehouse as retiring. so someones wrong