Retiring Soon - open speculation

21 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

Backorders accepted, will ship by January 27, 2022  oh no 

What set are you referring to? Neither UK or US website showing Gingerbread/ Croc/ corner garage on back order.

North America retirements are always 3 / 6 months after UK / EU, they always get the heads up. Winter sets usually retire before xmas in UK.

11 minutes ago, Voltron said:

What set are you referring to? Neither UK or US website showing Gingerbread/ Croc/ corner garage on back order.

North America retirements are always 3 / 6 months after UK / EU, they always get the heads up. Winter sets usually retire before xmas in UK.

Us site said 30 mins ago backordered to end of Jan, now it says temp out of stock. 

UK site has took off the retiring soon tag and so has USA. It's getting extended I'm afraid 

1 minute ago, nolan808 said:

Us site said 30 mins ago backordered to end of Jan, now it says temp out of stock. 

UK site has took off the retiring soon tag and so has USA. It's getting extended I'm afraid 

Also like to point out that USA sets tend to go in like with uk ones. Look at previous winter sets. If it's extended into the new year in USA it's being extended here. 

so what is retiring. think people need to calm down. they cannot keep everythng on the shelves.

when it comes to gingerbread house, will be the 1st time in history the have 4 winter sets at once this time next year.

looks to me that lego could be going down the route of looking to retire sets from other stores, then be exclisive to lego before retirment for 6 months.

Edited by joneyyy1981

18 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

so what is retiring. think people need to calm down. they cannot keep everythng on the shelves.

when it comes to gingerbread house, will be the 1st time in history the have 4 winter sets at once this time next year.

looks to me that lego could be going down the route of looking to retire sets from other stores, then be exclisive to lego before retirment for 6 months.

They can keep a lot more now in production that's for sure. 

Gingerbread house, croc loco and London bus are still extremely popular sets. They will keep them available for a while yet.

I fell into the trap again, Lego sticks a retiring soon tag only to remove it and change there minds when it sells like hot cakes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

They can keep a lot more now in production that's for sure. 

Gingerbread house, croc loco and London bus are still extremely popular sets. They will keep them available for a while yet.

I fell into the trap again, Lego sticks a retiring soon tag only to remove it and change there minds when it sells like hot cakes. 

mate i thought i was negative. you do not stop.

40 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

just because it been removed does not mean its not retiring. calm down. chill

I think you are forgetting who we are dealing with here. Its Lego come on, time and time again they screw over resellers. I'll even wager my gingerbread houses on it. 

Look at the retiring sets that have sold out, not one of them has had there tag removed. The train and gingerbread house has, also the fact I saw USA saying backordered to end of Jan just confirms it. 

If I was you I would return what you have if you can. John Lewis seem to have an absolute tonne now. 

Just to add also that sold out tags as you know this year mean absolutely nothing. 

Edited by nolan808

Just now, nolan808 said:

I think you are forgetting who we are dealing with here. Its Lego come on, time and time again they screw over resellers. I'll even wager my gingerbread houses on it. 

Look at the retiring sets that have sold out, not one of them has had there tag removed. The train and gingerbread house has, also the fact I saw USA saying backordered to end of Jan just confirms it. 

If I was you I would return what you have if you can. John Lewis seem to have an absolute tonne now. 

Also I would like to say I'm in the same boat as alot of you. If gingerbread house, train and London bus doesn't go it's going to be a massive headache 

I'm thinking Lego removes the retiring soon tags - on some sets - to avoid panic buying and stockpiling from resellers.  I'm sure some of these sets will disappear without the tags after the holiday.  Some may say sold out, backordered, etc.

It's been an interesting 18 months, supply chain shortages, delivery and production delays.  I'm confident some of these sets will sell well in the next 8 weeks - even if not retiring, esp GBH.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

I'm thinking Lego removes the retiring soon tags - on some sets - to avoid panic buying and stockpiling from resellers.  I'm sure some of these sets will disappear without the tags after the holiday.  Some may say sold out, backordered, etc.

It's been an interesting 18 months, supply chain shortages, delivery and production delays.  I'm confident some of these sets will sell well in the next 8 weeks - even if not retiring, esp GBH.

This is LEGO IT we're talking about here folks.
Mrw Reaction GIF - Mrw Reaction Old Gamer - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

LOL - a company which wants to sell as much as possible

I've been out of the LEGO loop since December 2019. Back then 10243 Parisian was able to be had for $89 on Amazon.

All things considered, is that type of deal on a retiring set totally out of the question now?

I'm just wondering what type of deals to expect this shopping season. I mean, is RRP a deal now?

I'm sorry for the stupid question. I'm trying to get my bearings on the current LEGO landscape.

6 minutes ago, appchasers said:

I've been out of the LEGO loop since December 2019. Back then 10243 Parisian was able to be had for $89 on Amazon.

All things considered, is that type of deal on a retiring set totally out of the question now?

I'm just wondering what type of deals to expect this shopping season. I mean, is RRP a deal now?

I'm sorry for the stupid question. I'm trying to get my bearings on the current LEGO landscape.

unless you're arm sweeping at a local honey pot clearance isle; about 30% is the best you're see on any mainstream retailer site; especially for desirable sets.

Target still has the once a year (or so) 50% off on specific sets (usually a mid-size set) and some select sets hit 50% off on black friday deals.

50%+ off on modulars seems like Exciter territory (read: time machine)

• Like 1