Retiring Soon - open speculation

6 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

76899 Speed Champions Lamborghini seems to be gone from all the main places except BN has over 1K left but best I can get them for from there is $45. My buy in price has been $40 or below. Not sure if there will be another run but BB and Amazon just went through the latest round. Walmart, Target and Lego have been out. I think next years Countach release will help this one out. 
Thoughts?

I'm gated on this one and im 100% sure I wasnt gated even 2 months ago. So frustrated with this recent gating. I must have 10k at least in these gated skus. 

• Like 1

I'm gated on this one and im 100% sure I wasnt gated even 2 months ago. So frustrated with this recent gating. I must have 10k at least in these gated skus. 

Same here for that set and others. Most frustrating are those sets I could sell last Christmas and being restricted on them for these holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here for that set and others. Most frustrating are those sets I could sell last Christmas and being restricted on them for these holidays.

Wish we could figure out the data behind the gating. I'm not gated on this one (yet) but then I get them for other random sets.

We will have to set up a fancy trade system to exchange sets with each other based on who is gated on which sets!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Just now, madisondp said:

Wish we could figure out the data behind the gating. I'm not gated on this one (yet) but then I get them for other random sets.

We will have to set up a fancy trade system to exchange sets with each other based on who is gated on which sets!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Yep, tried this on another thread with my Hidden Side Boats. 

2 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Has anyone tried getting ungated on anything?

I got ungated on a couple sets after talking to support but that was years ago.  I haven't heard of anyone even attempting it now.

Can anyone chime in on this? Its really the wrong thread for this, but its super vaulable info obviously

Great, didn't know I was gated there too.  Has anyone tried getting ungated on anything?
I got ungated on a couple sets after talking to support but that was years ago.  I haven't heard of anyone even attempting it now.

I opened a case on 31202 and GBH. CS was nice at first but they cannot do anything really on these holidays gatings so they referred my case to the department in charge. It took these folks 2-3 weeks to tell me I should apply to ungate those ASINs but of course I cannot. I reopened the case playing dum stating I cannot find the link to apply and then was repeated what I knew from day 1 that Amazon does not accept application on these gated ASINs and not to bother to reopen case that there was no resolution possible. I sold 50 GBHs last year. Main listing. Gated this year. ?!?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

Last stock of 31097 dried up at Amazon yesterday after going out of stock everywhere else. I like this set for its modular-lite attributes that will appeal to city-builders. 

wouldn't count on that,  another batch was made 9/27 most likely not even to retailers yet.   Lot of sets are out for now just because the last runs haven't hit.  Some never had late batches made so much better shot they go away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

wouldn't count on that,  another batch was made 9/27 most likely not even to retailers yet.   Lot of sets are out for now just because the last runs haven't hit.  Some never had late batches made so much better shot they go away.

the big question is like the a wing will there be a lot of 30 % off sales on it, corner garage and all the other ones that usually clearance out in the next few weeks or with supply issues and this economy is the market different this year on clearance not having much and the a wing was just a random fluke

7 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Lol, sure thing.  Sold out, no more coming.  Rinse & Repeat

You're right, more absolutely can be coming (as Raven pointed out with the last manufacturing date). I hadn't seen this one get to being sold out everywhere (and marked as Sold Out on SAH) until this point, so I mentioned it.  

• Like 1

I see that Gingerbread House is available from Amazon, ships within 2 months for a price of $155ish. I’m also seeing that this is sold by and shipped by Amazon as opposed to 3rd party. Does this mean that Amazon is now in the business of reselling or selling for above MSRP, or am I missing something?

54 minutes ago, legohoarder said:

I see that Gingerbread House is available from Amazon, ships within 2 months for a price of $155ish. I’m also seeing that this is sold by and shipped by Amazon as opposed to 3rd party. Does this mean that Amazon is now in the business of reselling or selling for above MSRP, or am I missing something?

you must have missed last year when amazon.com was selling treehouses for $300+.  there is a long list of sets both retired and not retired that amazon.com the seller is unloading at higher than msrp.  its the new normal along with seller counts of 150+.  

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cladner said:

you must have missed last year when amazon.com was selling treehouses for $300+.  there is a long list of sets both retired and not retired that amazon.com the seller is unloading at higher than msrp.  its the new normal along with seller counts of 150+.  

Thanks for the response, I had not seen that and was unaware it was happening. Very interesting 

7 hours ago, legohoarder said:

Bezos jelly of Elon

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I've seen it flicker at Walmart at the $84.99 price point.  I put an order in for a couple the other day.

4 minutes ago, madisondp said:

Available on Amazon too for a Dec delivery.

only 3 left, its doing the dance for a while now.

2 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

I've seen it flicker at Walmart at the $84.99 price point.  I put an order in for a couple the other day.

beware - the 84.99 is a 3rd party seller. Walmarts been going in and out and sells it for 85 flat now.

• Like 1