Retiring Soon - open speculation

14 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

That is USA this is Australia. Probably just a technical error.

maybe - oz shop at home often foretells retirements months or even a year in advance.  saw this with minnie and mickey bhz.  minecraft ender dragon has been out of stock since march sold out.  at least i'm not gated on the D11 ;) 

Edited by cladner

35 minutes ago, cladner said:

maybe - oz shop at home often foretells retirements months or even a year in advance.  saw this with minnie and mickey bhz.  minecraft ender dragon has been out of stock since march sold out.  at least i'm not gated on the D11 ;) 

wasn't much foreshadowing on bhz first year so, they all went at end of year.   Pretty simple.

(Limited) overview of sets nominated to retire this year and currently having Sold Out status in LEGO Shop at Home Europe:

10258 London Bus

10261 Roller Coaster

10262 James Bond Aston Martin DB5

10264 Corner Garage

10267 Gingerbread House

10277 Crocodile Locomotive

21043 San Francisco Skyline

21045 Trafalgar Square

21046 Empire State Building (Retiring this year?)

21052 Dubai Skyline (retiring this year?)

92177 Ship in a Bottle re-release

21320 Dinosaur Fossils

21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay

Sets to be retired this year but still widely available that could potentially be marked down for VIP weekend / Black Friday weekend:

75275 UCS A-Wing

75810 The Upside Down

42083 Bugatti Chiron

10269 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

60266 Ocean Exploration Ship

60229 Rocket Assembly & Transport

80106 Story of Nian

75293 Resistance I-TS Transport

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

idk...in the past Lego would TOOS large sets to assure stock for their BF promo

I was wondering about that. Which larger sets are left for BF? I was betting on the A-Wing, which seems to have been a mistake. Crocodile, London Bus, maybe James Bond car? But no SW or HP from the looks of it.

3 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

I was wondering about that. Which larger sets are left for BF? I was betting on the A-Wing, which seems to have been a mistake. Crocodile, London Bus, maybe James Bond car? But no SW or HP from the looks of it.

I just swung by my local LEGO store for A-Wing and Barracuda Bay and I saw both plus corner garage, roller coaster, London Bus, Crocodile, Aston Martin. So possible that stores will have some of these sets for BF if they don't sell out by then in store.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

I think all three of those you mentioned are good contenders, especially London Bus since it has already been on sale through various retailers many times this year. 

5 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I know you all have been holding your breath, it looks like Amazon sold out of Pasaana Speeder Chase...

Still available for MSRP from 3PS

I made fun of this set ever since the set pictures leaked online (even before the trailer).  And I did not buy any since it was part of the Disney trilogy.

But objectively, this might go far due to strength of the brand and despite people like me who won't touch this thing with a 10' pole....

Can somebody let me know in 2 years what happens to this set?  Because I know I won't remember :dontknow: