Retiring Soon - open speculation

What are folks thoughts on Batmobil (76139), it's supposedly retiring EOY (per the usual sources) but I don't see it being mentioned as much as the other sets (Barracuda, roller, corner, etc).  I personally love this set but also am biased being a Batman fan.  Am curious if folks are thinking it'll stay longer or just not a very good seller in general?  I see it's available in other stores but on SAH has been sold out for quite some time.

7 minutes ago, LegoTriathlete said:

What are folks thoughts on Batmobil (76139), it's supposedly retiring EOY (per the usual sources) but I don't see it being mentioned as much as the other sets (Barracuda, roller, corner, etc).  I personally love this set but also am biased being a Batman fan.  Am curious if folks are thinking it'll stay longer or just not a very good seller in general?  I see it's available in other stores but on SAH has been sold out for quite some time.

Fool Me Once GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, LegoTriathlete said:

The reviews of the set were strong and Batman fans love it. The question is how many of them are out there who don't have the set and will need it before it's remade. I have a few I got with good cash-back and gwp but I never picked them up at Amazon etc (don't think it was ever on sale).

As was said above, Barracuda and Corner Garage are safer, imo. The number of modular collectors will go up and they will try and get some of the older models. For the Barracuda, there are still kids of the 80s and 90s who rediscover Lego and want one. Although their numbers will fall. Pirates was done in 1997 and someone born in 90 (which is late for the theme) is already 31.

7 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

The reviews of the set were strong and Batman fans love it. The question is how many of them are out there who don't have the set and will need it before it's remade. I have a few I got with good cash-back and gwp but I never picked them up at Amazon etc (don't think it was ever on sale).

As was said above, Barracuda and Corner Garage are safer, imo. The number of modular collectors will go up and they will try and get some of the older models. For the Barracuda, there are still kids of the 80s and 90s who rediscover Lego and want one. Although their numbers will fall. Pirates was done in 1997 and someone born in 90 (which is late for the theme) is already 31.

The best deal was with the free 40433.

• Like 1

I slept on Barracuda Bay. I realized I wanted to get one for my own self a couple days ago; the ONLY place that had it was amazon.ca for retail price.  SAH, best buy, walmart, mastermind, toysrus all were out of stock or nonexistent (delisted).  Safe to say it's done I guess. I want to buy a few more, but I'm very heavily pirates biased so I dunno. Pirate ships always appreciate well though.

I slept on Barracuda Bay. I realized I wanted to get one for my own self a couple days ago; the ONLY place that had it was amazon.ca for retail price.  SAH, best buy, walmart, mastermind, toysrus all were out of stock or nonexistent (delisted).  Safe to say it's done I guess. I want to buy a few more, but I'm very heavily pirates biased so I dunno. Pirate ships always appreciate well though.
You want to buy a few more or you want one for yourself? They're still around.

Yay LEGO!

1 minute ago, banshee3 said:

I'm all the way over in Milton, so VM is a bit of a hike.  I want a few more for stashing. I still have two Brick Bounties left from when CT was clearing them out after christmas one year. I figure that might be a good companion piece to have the Ideas set as well.  

I had 3 of the bounties from that same sale and over a year after retirement they all suddenly sold one weekend. I kept wondering if there was some pirate holiday I wasn’t aware of.

milton to VM is like half an hour. Wuss. :) 

12 minutes ago, banshee3 said:

after a year and change of covid and not leaving my house for weeks on end. Vaughan feels like the other side of the world.

Treat yourself to a shopping vacation down the 401. I’m in Scarborough and make the drive there once a month or so since they tend to have exclusives and hard to find sets both before everyone else gets them and after everyone else sells out. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 1:24 PM, banshee3 said:

Costco.ca currently has Treehouse and Barracuda Bay available.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, exciter1 said:

No discount on the Crocodile.

Yea, noticed that too. I flinched and bought one last week from Walmart at full MSRP. Didn't go on sale anytime over the holidays here in Canada. Just sorta went away. First OOS at LEGO Shop at Home, then TRU, then Amazon, then Walmart...all at full MSRP.

Edited by eliminator
  • Like 1

long story short:  not retiring soon:

We have listed the five sets that should still be available in 2022 in a table.

lego-42083-box-65.jpg 42083 Bugatti Chiron Technic € 369.99 06/01/2018 LEGO
lego-21158-box-65.jpg 21158 Panda nursery Minecraft € 19.99 01/01/2020 LEGO
lego-76385-box-65.jpg 76385 Magic art class Harry Potter € 29.99 01/01/2021 LEGO
lego-41393-box-65.jpg 41393 The big baking show Friends € 39.99 01/01/2020 LEGO
lego-41395-box-65.jpg 41395 Friendship bus Friends € 69.99 01/01/2020

Bugatti available at Amazon again for MSRP… looks like rumors may be true this set has been extended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk