Retiring Soon - open speculation

I think it is following the usual LEGO pandemic - TOOS, retires quietly in background while no one notices effect. That seems to be commonplace at moment. I have only seen a few sets that went  TOOS return to any kind of full availability this year. All UK retailers have zero stock , or it is listed as ‘no longer available’ which is pretty much saying , we are not getting it back from past experience.

18 minutes ago, ponderingzissou said:

Marked retired (US). Only saw these once in person (Walmart) just before Christmas. Had hoped to collect a few of them for personal collection 

I was actually thinking about these the other day.  I've found a few stacks of them at various Walmarts.  Has Lego had any other figures like these (where you can't feel the contents)? 

Curious what folks thoughts on short vs long term re-sale looks like.  Opened vs Unopened blind?  Sell this year or hold for a while?

17 minutes ago, redcell said:

Vidiyo seems to have fallen flatter than any other theme in recent memory. I have very little confidence in any of them. I’m not sure I’d buy them at 70% off because of the space they would take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In general the theme has failed, yes.  But the Series 2 Bandmates seems to be an outlier in the theme (I still pass on the beatbox things at 75% off).  They are pretty cool figures and appear to be selling at a reasonable premium in the secondary market already.

13 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

They are pretty cool figures and appear to be selling at a reasonable premium in the secondary market already.

My guess is that they are pretty close to peak prices. Right now people who need to complete their entire collection are after them. I can't imagine that there will be huge demand 2 years from now when most people have forgotten the theme and new collectors have no real reason to pursue them. Perhaps a few of them hold their value longterm, but in general I think that you will probably get more short term rather than long term. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/19/2022 at 9:12 AM, Phil B said:

The problem I have with this "account.wishlist.unavailable.product" is that one of my wishlist items turned to this status 2 days ago, but I have no way of figuring out which item it was. It must have been something I still wanted to get, so curious how I can find this out. Inspecting the page source code does not help unfortunately. Anyone any tips?

Unbelievable .... LEGO just fixed this ... Now Retired Products show up again properly in Wishlists.

And yes ... What Am I? finally retired :)

image.png.991ee54031c4cf147d020545609cf319.png

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, EctoG63AMG said:

The impression I get with Brick Fanatics is that they’re the National Enquirer of LEGO. 

well put! Always felt they borrow a little from here and there, sometimes primary sources but oftentimes secondary or rumor mill type stuff. Promobricks/Stonewars are the gold standard. 

But they are a good compilation type site

4 hours ago, roxio said:

Not amazon exclusive in uk, I can find several retailers with it including zavvi 

We put in another bulk order for it in December and they came back saying was Amazon UK exclusive, As well as B&N would not get anymore.Would love to load up again. But if Amazon UK has it,.they will list it on the USA side and kill the market

• Like 1