Retiring Soon - open speculation

On 1/19/2022 at 10:56 AM, Belac said:

Sets I've noticed gone so far: Destiny bounty ,demon bull king, Spidey pack with Ned (These are HOT Cakes, I sold the last of mine last week for$45),dragon dance guy. Still deducing more but its a good memory game.

*Spidey pack still there(Sold out)I thought it was in my wish list still ,and gone.

Which Spidey pack with Ned you are talking about?

Honestly wouldn't shock me if T2 did retire this year. Not sure why they made it. It's far too similar to T1. T1 was available for 10 years. Everyone who wanted it got one except for new collectors to the hobby. I can only see these people and VW fanatics wanting T1. I buy almost all of the expert Lego vehicles and I have no interest in T1 since I have T2 unless it was on a massive discount. 

16 minutes ago, MrSam said:

What are people thinking about the Boba helmets retirement date?

I only have a handful as I thought it was sticking around, but seems to be disappearing like the others...

You can still get 20+ at Amazon and it seems readily available at other places as well. Not sure if it will disappear as quickly as IronMan or not.

10 hours ago, MrSam said:

What are people thinking about the Boba helmets retirement date?

I only have a handful as I thought it was sticking around, but seems to be disappearing like the others...

It's not expected to retire until December. And with the flood of helmets out there, I expect to get more than 20% off later this year. 

• Like 1

For anyone interested in the Harry Potter Moments series the Charms class looks like it's about to be gone. Brickfanatics had said its retirement was pushed to 2022 but it's not on their February update. On Lego.com, it's marked as 'retiring soon' and listed as 'sold out.' The only major retailer I see that still has it at retail is Target. I just picked one up for my son who likes the series, but am not sold on its investment potential.

46 minutes ago, StLBrian said:

For anyone interested in the Harry Potter Moments series the Charms class looks like it's about to be gone. Brickfanatics had said its retirement was pushed to 2022 but it's not on their February update. On Lego.com, it's marked as 'retiring soon' and listed as 'sold out.' The only major retailer I see that still has it at retail is Target. I just picked one up for my son who likes the series, but am not sold on its investment potential.

Brickfanatics is no where close to being as trusted as the stonewars list, which is considered THE definitive source due to its history and sources. SW says this is being extended and while this hasnt yet materialized , I'd tread very carefully. Herbology is definitely the safer route.

11 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Brickfanatics is no where close to being as trusted as the stonewars list, which is considered THE definitive source due to its history and sources. SW says this is being extended and while this hasnt yet materialized , I'd tread very carefully. Herbology is definitely the safer route.

Well two new out, I suppose it is highly likely that charms is going as well. At least here are less retailers who have it available, but its far away from a safe bet.