Retiring Soon - open speculation

7 minutes ago, Sozial said:

I know, I know, but they are out so long, so they should retire. They bring out new 3in1 sets so I really dont get why they continue them, because naturally it will cannibalize sales (but what do I know with a huge stack of 31058 and 31088)

As things stand, 31088 is scheduled for 2023 reitement. 31058 is 2022. 
31058 has been such a good seller that it has been extended in the past.

Thx for sharing about the instructions app and the retired flags on it, didn't realize that the app even existed...  I finally got around to downloading it, is it an exhaustive list?  I noticed that at least one set is missing from 2021, the mini Disney castle, set #40478.  Is that expected?

Edited by LegoTriathlete

12 minutes ago, LegoTriathlete said:

Thx for sharing about the instructions app and the retired flags on it, didn't realize that the app even existed...  I finally got around to downloading it, is it an exhaustive list?  I noticed that at least one set is missing from 2021, the mini Disney castle, set #40478.  Is that expected?

There are not instructions for all sets. 

7 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Is this the end?

Called all my stores and they haven't received any stock since the first week of December.

It's also on sale and the store inventory checker is not available on the PDP?

Snag_1805fbc2.thumb.png.99bfbb9bc40ea509f620ac943580781f.png

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, LegoTriathlete said:

2024 is the scheduled exit date at present. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, redcell said:

I wouldn't put too much stock into this latest list...some of the entries will end up being accurate, but it's so early in the year that there will be a number of sets that go off of and come onto the list before all is said and done.

I would guess that most will be correct, simply based on life-cycle. Of course, among the sets you really care about is where the movement will be. For example, if I had to guess, Pooh won't go but Ideas certainly could use a big wave with so many sets coming and some of them being quite old.

13 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Lego dot com USA a lot of sets are now “officially” marked as Retired. Noticed as they are gone from my “Retire” wishlist. 

31DE851B-9A8A-454A-A88D-56D545DBCB28.png

The problem I have with this "account.wishlist.unavailable.product" is that one of my wishlist items turned to this status 2 days ago, but I have no way of figuring out which item it was. It must have been something I still wanted to get, so curious how I can find this out. Inspecting the page source code does not help unfortunately. Anyone any tips?

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

The problem I have with this "account.wishlist.unavailable.product" is that one of my wishlist items turned to this status 2 days ago, but I have no way of figuring out which item it was. It must have been something I still wanted to get, so curious how I can find this out. Inspecting the page source code does not help unfortunately. Anyone any tips?

Sets I've noticed gone so far: Destiny bounty ,demon bull king, Spidey pack with Ned (These are HOT Cakes, I sold the last of mine last week for$45),dragon dance guy. Still deducing more but its a good memory game.

*Spidey pack still there(Sold out)I thought it was in my wish list still ,and gone.

Edited by Belac

On 1/19/2022 at 7:56 AM, Belac said:

Sets I've noticed gone so far: Destiny bounty ,demon bull king, Spidey pack with Ned (These are HOT Cakes, I sold the last of mine last week for$45),dragon dance guy. Still deducing more but its a good memory game.

*Spidey pack still there(Sold out)I thought it was in my wish list still ,and gone.

Where did you sell your 40343?  I can't remember if I still have my stash or not but I can't get the search to come up on Amazon.

19 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

so does anyone here have the 31200 lego Star Wars artwork for personal ? trying to decide to get 0 1 or 3 of these things before they are gone. the 3 panel vader looks great but then think I might rather buy a set worth 350 before I spend 350 on this

You might look at it like this.  There's only so much shelf space you have and here's a way of expanding on to the walls 😃

And I'd agree with @stuco191  It's more about the display than the build.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Where did you sell your 40343?  I can't remember if I still have my stash or not but I can't get the search to come up on Amazon.

Most on BrickLink $43.21 was the highest, not quite my embellished $45 but also 2 local for $35ea, all in last month, thanks to the movie bump.