Retiring Soon - open speculation

On 4/3/2022 at 5:37 PM, Goblin said:

Quite a few Lego sets have been extended to 2023, that were originally scheduled to go this year. 

75979 Hedwig is another extension, as is 75317 Mandalorian and the Child. I'm sure the usual websites will be publising a new article soon. 

'New article soon' ended up being 4 days! 

75192 Millennium Falcon is now a 7 year run minimum. 2024 is the scheduled date. 

• Like 1

Treehouse pushed again? That's crazy. Not surprised Pooh is staying; never bought Pooh would have a short run. Still think one more Ideas set has to go. There are too many around. Maybe the Blacksmith?

I'm confused why Hedwig is staying and Fawkes has such a short run. Hedwig has been harder to get but it's partially because it's a BN exclusive.

1 hour ago, LegoTriathlete said:

Wasn't this retired already or did I miss something obvious?  What other sets officially retired?  FYI, the lego app had this, and other sets, flagged as retired quite a while back.

Yes it was, I was the one last summer that pointed out that the instructions app listed retired sets earlier, but some of these old diehard curmudgeons on this site still like to wait for the official Lego website to list them as Retired, which it did today.  You really need to keep up ;) 

1 hour ago, LegoTriathlete said:

On a similar note, how do you search for sets flagged as "Retired" on SAH?  When I just use the search engine it doesn't even show 75275.  Or is it just by looking at individual sets?

I use the aforementioned app and I have a wishlist on Lego titled “Retired”, but you can call it anything, we’re I save my hoarded sets to see when they display as retired. I am sure others have more advanced techniques where they run a script for what sets flip to retired but I enjoy my way. 

Finally, if you do not resell lego why is this information important to you, so you just don’t miss out on a set or something else? I know I might sound like an Arse but I truly would like to know. 

2E31B282-E05F-472A-BBB8-63AC573D3123.png

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

but some of these old diehard curmudgeons on this site still like to wait for the official Lego website to list them as Retired, which it did today.

I'm one of those old curmudgeons but I too thought that LEGO Shop at Home had listed the set as retired earlier this year.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Yes it was, I was the one last summer that pointed out that the instructions app listed retired sets earlier, but some of these old diehard curmudgeons on this site still like to wait for the official Lego website to list them as Retired, which it did today.  You really need to keep up ;) 

I use the aforementioned app and I have a wishlist on Lego titled “Retired”, but you can call it anything, we’re I save my hoarded sets to see when they display as retired. I am sure others have more advanced techniques where they run a script for what sets flip to retired but I enjoy my way. 

Finally, if you do not resell lego why is this information important to you, so you just don’t miss out on a set or something else? I know I might sound like an Arse but I truly would like to know. 

2E31B282-E05F-472A-BBB8-63AC573D3123.png

Thx!

To answer your question, I have no qualms with how others spend their money but personally I can't ever see myself buying lego at anything above RRP.  It's expensive enough and I don't have a bottomless wallet, maybe if I win the lottery... even then it'll be questionable.  I just got back into lego a couple of years back when I unearthed some old castle and pirate ship sets from my parents storage area, it reminded me of how much I used to love this crap.  Not to mention how much lego has changed and there's much more geared towards adults.  Ever since, I have been collecting sets and have a number that are on my "must have" list and normally try to get them closer to retirement to try and score some discounts but that's easier said than done.  If I miss out on some sets, so be it.  Either way, it's for personal use.  This domain has helped educate me quite a bit and I try to give back when I can but recognize I'll never reach the heights of most folks on here.  Not that I'm aspiring to, it's just interesting and humbling.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, raindog said:

I'm one of those old curmudgeons but I too thought that LEGO Shop at Home had listed the set as retired earlier this year.

I know for a fact when we ordered the A-Wings last week from Scheels that it was not and I usually check my list 2 or 3 times a week. However, the older I get the more uncertain I become with my recollection, so you maybe correct. 

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, for all those sets that amazon has kept selling at MSRP long after retirement such as SF, Baronyx, Stormtrooper Helmet, Hagrids Hut, and frustratingly so on and so forth......

what are the seal codes on those sets - are they from the final pre - retirement mega batch that amazon just ordered bazillions of? Or are they continuously produced up to this day with fresh seal codes?

Not much difference but I guess I prefer the first option..

17 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Out of curiosity, for all those sets that amazon has kept selling at MSRP long after retirement such as SF, Baronyx, Stormtrooper Helmet, Hagrids Hut, and frustratingly so on and so forth......

what are the seal codes on those sets - are they from the final pre - retirement mega batch that amazon just ordered bazillions of? Or are they continuously produced up to this day with fresh seal codes?

Not much difference but I guess I prefer the first option..

at least 75248 finally went oos today.