1 hour ago, redcell said:

A few new changes to retirement dates:

City Ice Cream Truck
Poly juice Potion Mistake
Speed Champs 76900 & 76901

All pushed back to 2023

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My quota is just unbelivable good - 3 Out of 4

What's the general feeling about this technic set. Land Rover Defender 42110?

Do you all think lego will push this through to 2023 EOL?

Amazon changed to ships in 1 to 2 months

Edited by vasp

corvette 42093 finally poofy (amazon was holding out)

Good day today for amazons hoarded retired stash. 
Now if only Hagrids Hut would finally go.......

It would go if they would let me buy some and not put me on a lightning deal waitlist

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 1:27 PM, roxio said:

UK site, going early ???

After your post I checked the availability of 76239 Batmobile Tumbler everywhere and it looks like you're correct. Strong indications that this set is already out of production and last stock of getting sold off. So it looks like less than one year of production making this set a potential winner.

Edited by HandyHand
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:27 PM, stuco191 said:

It would go if they would let me buy some and not put me on a lightning deal waitlist

And it's back again. Looks like amazon didn't make all of their inventory available for prime day

On 7/12/2022 at 1:30 PM, Bricklectic said:

Baronyx 75935 finally poofy (amazon was holding out)

On 7/12/2022 at 10:21 PM, Bricklectic said:

corvette 42093 finally poofy (amazon was holding out)

Good day today for amazons hoarded retired stash. 

premature celebration. apparently amazon held back inventory from prime day sales

SF still gone tho

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HandyHand said:

After your post I checked the availability of 76239 Batmobile Tumbler everywhere and it looks like you're correct. Strong indications that this set is already out of production and last stock of getting sold off. So it looks like less than one year of production making this set a potential winner.

Looks good to me. The Q4 price last year when stock was thin was a good indicator. The £20 argos deal at the weekend was a treat as well.

US retailers , including LEGO  Shop at Home ,  all have stock on 76239 (mini tumbler) .   crazy how things differ between regions.   distribution must be different because i dont see batman being drastically more popular in EU than US, if anything , other way around.

Edited by RDales

11 hours ago, RDales said:

US retailers , including LEGO  Shop at Home ,  all have stock on 76239 (mini tumbler) .   crazy how things differ between regions.   distribution must be different because i dont see batman being drastically more popular in EU than US, if anything , other way around.

This is currently the situation here with places where it's still available:

image.thumb.png.0962567a35f82b79882e04885e5677dd.png

And all de webstores where it's NOT available any longer:

image.thumb.png.5e982762d0d0dc008d2fc983beaa3134.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did this at one point previously but did not dig down as deep to pull as many non-sets out.

Lego releases per year, subtracting gear and other non building sets:

2022: 583 (A significant pullback)
2021: 714 (Overcompensating for the 2020 shortages and hype)
2020: 650
2019: 639
2018: 653
2017: 641
2016: 645
2015: 629
2014: 549
2013: 522
2012: 484

• Like 5

I am hoping that it sticks to the routine 2 year life cycle of an Ideas set, but the price increase has me thinking it may end up like another Central Perk or Tree House. It will be interesting to see what is the earliest set to retire after having an 8/1 price increase. At that buy in I don’t think you can go wrong.  

I don’t have a Costco close by or I would be on my way now even though it is a Football Sunday. It is actually across the street from my Lego store so next time there is a worthy GWP I will check it out. 

8 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I am hoping that it sticks to the routine 2 year life cycle of an Ideas set, but the price increase has me thinking it may end up like another Central Perk or Tree House. It will be interesting to see what is the earliest set to retire after having an 8/1 price increase. At that buy in I don’t think you can go wrong.  

I don’t have a Costco close by or I would be on my way now even though it is a Football Sunday. It is actually across the street from my Lego store so next time there is a worthy GWP I will check it out. 

Twenty-three different sets at my Costco but not a Medieval Blacksmith to be found. So many there it's hard to know which ones to focus on. 

• Like 1