Retiring Soon - open speculation

On 9/13/2022 at 8:28 AM, Bricklectic said:

So...are the hordes going in deep on meditation chamber with the sale? It's the pick everyone loves but.....the dirty little secret is.... no one seems to actually like the set. Personally, To my non star wars eyes seems uber boring, no exclusive minifigs, comprised mostly of base pieces, top isnt closed in a satisfying way. Awful sales rank on amazon. Yes i realize its exclusive but so is aquarium and thats 17k vs 150k. Subject material is awesome tho. An exclusive fig and more stable top and id be more gung ho

He made a video just for YOU!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Only an idiot would make a video on currently available sets if he is serious about investing . Probably making more money from ppl , Ummmm suckers , watching his videos and buying said sets 

dont forget his exclusive ignite social group for only 29.99 per month provides $10,000 worth of information, Might be able to wrangle you an invite if you beg enough :) 

Edited by Bricklectic
  • Haha 1

dont forget his exclusive ignite social group for only 29.99 per month provides $10,000 worth of information, Might be able to wrangle you an invite if you beg enough  

Sounds like the OnlyFans of weird influencer Lego investment. For only 1k tokens, he’ll make a private video building a GWP just for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Classic Dilemma. No one here knows the answer to that. It's akin to asking if the stock you like will go straight up or dip a little more so you can buy at a lower price. What many do is price average. Buy some now. But dont go all in just incase price drops....

i think in the app? didnt see it myself some screenshotted

I'd be interested to know how/where you're able to see sales stats for Walmart. I don't know if anywhere to get that info reliably at the moment. 

Thanks

7 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I'd be interested to know how/where you're able to see sales stats for Walmart. I don't know if anywhere to get that info reliably at the moment. 

I saw "500 sold in the last day" or something to that effect as like a flag where you might see "best seller" or "exclusive" nothing like rankings or actual stats.

I bet you he makes more from YouTube and Patreon than his actual LEGO investment 

I hope that’s correct for his sake because if it’s not, he’s a complete moron for broadcasting the information he puts out there. From what I’ve watched of his stuff, he is clearly aiming at building a scaled reselling operation, but doesn’t seem to realize that competition becomes a much more significant factor to your success as your scale grows.

Personally, I can’t imagine that he or any of the other people trying to monetize LEGO “investing” content creation could ever make as much money creating content as they could reselling LEGO.

• Like 2

You guys do realize where you are typing this convo at right?  Brickpicker is the original "moron broadcasting information". Gurantee you Mr. Max Profit makes bank. 

Ever since he started this site and got WSJ to publish some article about lego being better investment then gold...I knew it was only a matter of time before the masses of unwashed "investors" started grabbing up these vader sets for $50, a price no one in the game long term would of ever touched...now there will be no vader sets for the real money makers....personally at this point I can't imagine this new content creator making more money with his "investments" then he will be able to make selling shovels to all of the new prospectors.... 

Good luck out there guys. 

8 hours ago, redcell said:

I hope that’s correct for his sake because if it’s not, he’s a complete moron for broadcasting the information he puts out there. From what I’ve watched of his stuff, he is clearly aiming at building a scaled reselling operation, but doesn’t seem to realize that competition becomes a much more significant factor to your success as your scale grows.

Personally, I can’t imagine that he or any of the other people trying to monetize LEGO “investing” content creation could ever make as much money creating content as they could reselling LEGO.

27 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

100% agree 

17 minutes ago, bmoG said:

..I knew it was only a matter of time before the masses of unwashed "investors" started grabbing up these vader sets for $50, a price no one in the game long term would of ever touched...now there will be no vader sets for the real money makers...

wait......youre saying this was a bad buy in price???? asking for a friend

• Like 2

First, anyone making as much as they seem to want everyone else to think they're making could afford to get that lazy eye fixed. Every time I see it my mind sees a French bulldog.... which I'd trust more for investing advice.

Second, I've bought a decent amount of these but my cost average is about $30. I wouldn't buy at $50 as the build is crap. Now we have the facts that thousands are being sold, and you'll have hundreds of resellers picking these up in small quantities. More hands is worse than a few whales with a ton of these.

Newbies will constantly undercut one another to squash the price. the 2022 retirement wave overall is going to look poor because of this same fact. The people liquidating because they spent money they didn't have are going to be the ones setting the floor on these sets as they race to the bottom. We need the hype train caused by the lockdown to end... so we can get back to making stronger returns on shorter hold times. 

• Like 2

You guys do realize where you are typing this convo at right?  Brickpicker is the original "moron broadcasting information". Gurantee you Mr. Max Profit makes bank. 

Ever since he started this site and got WSJ to publish some article about lego being better investment then gold...I knew it was only a matter of time before the masses of unwashed "investors" started grabbing up these vader sets for $50, a price no one in the game long term would of ever touched...now there will be no vader sets for the real money makers....personally at this point I can't imagine this new content creator making more money with his "investments" then he will be able to make selling shovels to all of the new prospectors.... 

Good luck out there guys. 
Simple Google search says that YouTube pays $3-$5/1000 views. This guy is averaging 6k views per video (and that is being generous). So he is making about $30/video and putting out 1-2/week. That isn't very hard to top with just investment in Lego.

Granted, I have no idea how much he makes on his OnlyFans though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice discussion. But usually what happens is the creators of the content don't make money on the views but on referrals. So the goal is to gather as much people as possible that want to invest in LEGO (for example in a facebook group). Then paste links to sets that should be "hot". Then people buy the sets from the links (like the Vader chamber) with +1000 sold sets per day, and then person (usually the owner of the group) gets % of the buy from amazon etc. And with a big audience it's worth the effort. So if you all guys think that the videos are stupid... well.. they are not ;)

If they’re making money on the content, good for them…I don’t think making content is stupid in and of itself. What’s stupid and short-sighted in my mind is someone who is trying to make a serious go if it reselling LEGO and at the same time creating content instructing other people on how to invest/resell.

While you’re still operating at a relatively small scale (e.g., less than $300k/year in sales), it’s easy to get lulled into viewing the reselling world through a “rising tide lifts all ships” lens and mistakenly conclude that the market is so deep that the scope and extent of your competition doesn’t matter so why not train up a bunch of new resellers if you can generate some additional revenue off of them. However, if you scale past that point, the effect of competition starts to become more pronounced and easily identified.

If the content creators are really aiming to build a sustainable reselling business, teaching other people to do it too is a profoundly stupid thing. If they are trying to leverage knowledge about reselling as a primary source of revenue, it’s not stupid at all.

• Like 5