Retiring Soon - open speculation

So...are the hordes going in deep on meditation chamber with the sale? It's the pick everyone loves but.....the dirty little secret is.... no one seems to actually like the set. Personally, To my non star wars eyes seems uber boring, no exclusive minifigs, comprised mostly of base pieces, top isnt closed in a satisfying way. Awful sales rank on amazon. Yes i realize its exclusive but so is aquarium and thats 17k vs 150k. Subject material is awesome tho. An exclusive fig and more stable top and id be more gung ho

Edited by Bricklectic

9 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

So...are the hordes going in deep on meditation chamber with the sale? It's the pick everyone loves but.....the dirty little secret is.... no one seems to actually like the set. Personally, To my non star wars eyes seems uber boring, no exclusive minifigs, comprised mostly of base pieces, top isnt closed in a satisfying way. Awful sales rank on amazon. Yes i realize its exclusive but so is aquarium and thats 17k vs 150k. Subject material is awesome tho. An exclusive fig and more stable top and id be more gung ho

"the sale"?

5 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

ah ok, saw that but didn't see it mentioned here . . .

sorry. My assumption is that the daily deals is the thread that most ppl check out first. but i didnt want to spam that thread up so i moved it here. real crickets. I guess it is a stinker. Or maybe the whales are too busy hoarding 🙄

13 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

sorry. My assumption is that the daily deals is the thread that most ppl check out first. but i didnt want to spam that thread up so i moved it here. real crickets. I guess it is a stinker. Or maybe the whales are too busy hoarding 🙄

There is already a remake rumored for next year but it is one of those new diorama sets like the trash compactor IIRC. 

So I need some feedback regarding the 75311 Imperial Armored Marauder. The set is slated for retirement this year and for the longest time this set was $31.99. Do people here think it will ever return to that price point between now and end of the year? Right now it’s been hovering at $38.59 on Amazon and Walmart and a few weeks back was $35 something. Should I buy at the price point it’s at now? I come from the collector side of this hobby and like to get Star Wars sets for “army building”. Regret not having picked it up for $31.99 when it was at this prices for months on end. 

57 minutes ago, EctoG63AMG said:

So I need some feedback regarding the 75311 Imperial Armored Marauder. The set is slated for retirement this year and for the longest time this set was $31.99. Do people here think it will ever return to that price point between now and end of the year? Right now it’s been hovering at $38.59 on Amazon and Walmart and a few weeks back was $35 something. Should I buy at the price point it’s at now? I come from the collector side of this hobby and like to get Star Wars sets for “army building”. Regret not having picked it up for $31.99 when it was at this prices for months on end. 

Classic Dilemma. No one here knows the answer to that. It's akin to asking if the stock you like will go straight up or dip a little more so you can buy at a lower price. What many do is price average. Buy some now. But dont go all in just incase price drops....

33 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Where are you seeing sales numbers/estimates for items on Walmart? 

i think in the app? didnt see it myself some screenshotted

• Thanks 1