Retiring Soon - open speculation

9 hours ago, gmpirate said:

It would be a winner under normal circumstances for City sets but this was never on sale leaving only GWP's as viable purchases.  You're going to have to wait a long time to make a decent return on this set at RRP.  In certainly would be way down the list of winners in any case.

So far I have to agree. It's been oos for awhile and it's been a slow mover. Resellers supply definitely surpass the demand. Wishing I tied up less capital on this one.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:03 PM, gmpirate said:

Not saying it won't "eventually" do well, but time "should" figure into people's equations of good investments.  Buying sets too early and holding sets too long hurt your investment opportunities and growth.

Not just time, space and ease of shipping as well. After being in this game for two years as a seller, I've been looking at my data more closely this year to really focus on the money makers taking into consideration various factors. I found that I used my heart and gut feel more than hard numbers in the past. 

I'm now at the stage where I've had enough time to 'age' good number of sets and would like to be more selective on the sets I buy moving forward to focus on winning themes. Where I live, star wars, Technic, Harry Potter, creator expert, speed champs continue to be top performing themes. Architecture, Brickheadz and Ideas have good returns but volume is way too low. I tried going into Minecraft and Friends but it didn't really work out. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, coelian said:

Not just time, space and ease of shipping as well. After being in this game for two years as a seller, I've been looking at my data more closely this year to really focus on the money makers taking into consideration various factors. I found that I used my heart and gut feel more than hard numbers in the past. 

I'm now at the stage where I've had enough time to 'age' good number of sets and would like to be more selective on the sets I buy moving forward to focus on winning themes. Where I live, star wars, Technic, Harry Potter, creator expert, speed champs continue to be top performing themes. Architecture, Brickheadz and Ideas have good returns but volume is way too low. I tried going into Minecraft and Friends but it didn't really work out. 

Long ago I added 'Profit per cubic foot' to my spreadsheet.  And adjusted my buying accordingly.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

So I check on san francisco and i see $60 on amazon so I think o yeah finally retired!!

then iclick on listing to look at the seller  and sure enough. ......   its amazon :(

image.png.a3c293405d04c2f0f9d1db49dfb949f2.png

Hope it retires soon I went deep LOL

14 minutes ago, vasp said:

is there any way with 3rd party extensions or the like to deduce the amount amazon has left in stock. id pay $$$ for that info lol. Im so impatient, the wait till oos is intolerable

same for how many
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_03/image.png.df71211ca5f05468a67e4654373eaefd.png

Amazon can dictate on listings how much stock they show. It’s not all listings but there is no way to show when they limit the amount to buy at a time. All depends on the listing unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, Bricklectic said:

so i downloaded keepa. interesting tool but looks like it only shows you the limit of 20 not the real amount in stock.

image.png.fc7dd06fb7fbe4f1d6421b0809c6b32e.png

I don't sell on amazon however keepa has been pretty good at informing me when target prices are hit within EU. 

Camelcamelcamel is less efficient for EU as I have to put a price target for each EU amazon I'm interested in. 

So apparently amazon now sells dubai and SF in a package deal for 110, limit 30. good way to load up on even more if u are hitting your weekly limits as i suppose its considered a separate item. So basically u can buy 50 of each weekly now. 

*NOT* a good sign as to the quantity left at amazon :( 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WN2ZQ3H/ref=twister_B09X13X73C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

9 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

So apparently amazon now sells dubai and SF in a package deal for 110, limit 30. good way to load up on even more if u are hitting your weekly limits as i suppose its considered a separate item. So basically u can buy 50 of each weekly now. 

*NOT* a good sign as to the quantity left at amazon :( 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WN2ZQ3H/ref=twister_B09X13X73C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Not able to add more than 1 to cart. Anyone else in the same boat?

Anyway, tried checking out with 1. Hard limit. It says purchase limit exceeded. I did purchase 20 san fran on 3/27. I guess I have to wait till 4/5 to see if it works and last that long.

Edited by vasp

4 minutes ago, vasp said:

Not able to add more than 1 to cart. Anyone else in the same boat?

Anyway, tried checking out with 1. Hard limit. It says purchase limit exceeded. I did purchase 20 san fran on 3/27. I guess I have to wait till 4/5 to see if it works and last that long.

interesting, same here.

only actually allows 1 per cart

Edited by Bricklectic

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

What "looks like"?

Quite a few Lego sets have been extended to 2023, that were originally scheduled to go this year. 

75979 Hedwig is another extension, as is 75317 Mandalorian and the Child. I'm sure the usual websites will be publising a new article soon. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Goblin said:

Quite a few Lego sets have been extended to 2023, that were originally scheduled to go this year. 

75979 Hedwig is another extension, as is 75317 Mandalorian and the Child. I'm sure the usual websites will be publising a new article soon. 

Maybe I should issue a list with sets to be avoided a.k.a. If those sets retire within their normal production cycles they will be winners.

5 hours ago, Goblin said:

Good to know on Hedwig.  Already saw the restocks and was wondering . . .

8 hours ago, Goblin said:

That's crazy on the Hedwig. They were everywhere then disappeared for a while. Thought it was going to get closed out after the release of 76391. Thanks for the update!