Retiring Soon - open speculation

40 minutes ago, Hardwired said:

BN.com is listing Popup Book 21315 as Retiring Soon. No such language on Lego.com

Fun idea but missed the mark in playability. Still available in a lot of places.

lol - it was on the list to retire last year and is retired product in europe.

then in north america,  the final bargeful arrived and it has never gotten close to being retired or out of stock at amazon and shop at home. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I had the chance to pick these up at 48% off, passed on it. I don't feel this set.

Edit: Just checked eBay, still sells regularly for 50€ 6 months after EOL. 21313 was clearly the better choice here.

I only ever bought one Pop-Up Book set, for myself. It's a gimmick set that's fun for a brief moment. Glad I never bought more of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

man these simpson houses are going through the roof over here. what was the rrp on these, before my time?

They were about £180 each. Glad I made sure to get the house and Kwik-E-Mart before they went - mine are still sealed but I plan to open and build. I seem to remember some saying it was brave to buy the Kwik-E-Mart at RRP. Things worked out I guess.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

They were about £180 each. Glad I made sure to get the house and Kwik-E-Mart before they went - mine are still sealed but I plan to open and build. I seem to remember some saying it was brave to buy the Kwik-E-Mart at RRP. Things worked out I guess.

I really regret not getting one of each for my collection. Too. Much. Lego.

2 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

May I ask wth you're talking about?

Someone said "too much lego". 

I was making a joke that there is no such thing and to even imply that there was they should be tarred and feathered.  Dipped in boiling tar and then a lot of chicken feathers - it's medieval torture that makes absolutely no sense now that I think about it.