Retiring Soon - open speculation

i think its the other way around. watch europe, if sets dry up here when production has been unaffected, we might get indicatons of whats not coming back. USA might get the production run still but later than europe.

I think that he is asking if it will possibly be the other way around this year since the Mexico plant shut down and there is more of a shortage in the US than Europe.

The sets that are slated for retirement mid year I doubt will be produced once Mexico is back up and running. Meaning that they would probably be out of stock and never to return to the US long before Europe.

5 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Wish I would have gotten more 75234... these seem to have flown under most reseller radar's and are quickly climbing in price. This is one set that definitely won't be back. I did just find one in a Kohl's for 25% off clearance... good use of my Kohl's cash from last week.

Do you mean that model never comes back, or this Set in particular?

The other did not went that well:

https://brickset.com/sets/75043-1/AT-AP

https://brickset.com/sets/7671-1/AT-AP-Walker

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:
10 hours ago, benjamin4172 said:
Do you mean that model never comes back, or this Set in particular?
The other did not went that well:
https://brickset.com/sets/75043-1/AT-AP
https://brickset.com/sets/7671-1/AT-AP-Walker

I meant this set in particular. Not sure why, but it is already selling for more than the previous 2 versions.

Yes really strange... I impulsively ordered 2 for RRP...I am back and forth ....do I keep them or send them back...

I always thought its ugly af...but its Clone Wars...so....I wondered why the others are that bad...

24 minutes ago, benjamin4172 said:

Yes really strange... I impulsively ordered 2 for RRP...I am back and forth ....do I keep them or send them back...

I always thought its ugly af...but its Clone Wars...so....I wondered why the others are that bad...

DON'T buy AT-APs... for god's sake just do not. Poor money...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

downplay sets that you actually like but don't want anyone else to buy.

It's why I throw shade on certain sets at times. I threw shade all over 10243 about it being out too long and being the next Pet Shop... all while cleaning them up from Walmart at $110.

Each flipper that you convince a set is going to under perform... is one less competitor you need to deal with.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, pharmjod said:

I can never tell if you are being sarcastic or if you deliberately like to downplay sets that you actually like but don't want anyone else to buy.

I mix it up. The AT-AP advice was genuine though, I'm serious, learned my lesson with 75043, god, what a waste of space and opportunity.

But of course, these past 2 months with the Covid-19 pandemic have been extraordinary regarding Lego sales. People locked up inside their houses, with too much spare time on their hands, and then finding the joy of building a large Lego set, and wanting more of that while the lockdown continued. Who could have predicted this was going to happen Q1 / Q2 2020 when it was still Christmas 2019 ? :P 

On 5/28/2020 at 1:37 PM, benjamin4172 said:

Buying for RRP is in most cases not advisable, since If it is a stinker, you will have a hard time unloading it. With a good buyin, you will do okay If you get rid of the stinker for RRP.

3 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

this is going.

Buy why? Its a great seller and there has been no info saying that this set is going to be retired mid year. If it does go I'm out of luck as I don't have any.

Reason being is I just can't justify buying a set at rrp or slightly under.

Edited by raulaco

16 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Buy why? Its a great seller and there has been no info saying that this set is going to be retired mid year. If it does go I'm out of luck as I don't have any.

Lego GB have a restock/ship date of mid-June and John Lewis in the UK sold 100+ units over the last 24hrs

Even if it gets a restock - extremely popular set, will be nice returns Q4. Even at RRP I’ve made some money on these. Sometimes you snooze you lose. This is worth the gamble.
  • Like 1