Retiring Soon - open speculation

uk had no production issues.
With Mexico plant shutdown stock from the European factories that would have normally been sold in Europe were diverted to the Americas.

Also, Lego ceased brick production and produced face masks for a while in at least one of their plants. Not sure if they are still doing this or not.

But technically your statement is true because the UK has no Lego production facilities, therefore they cannot have any issues. The combination of the above stuff has led to a shortage though during a time of increased demand.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

In the meantime those savvy qfll’s are raking it in... on another note anyone managed to shift T1’s at a profit? Thinking of dumping mine ASAP 

Yes, I’ve sold the 3 that I bought at retail 5+ years ago. Not a lot of profit but some. Glad to be rid of them. It’s a good feeling when you get bailed out on a dumb buying decision. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Yes, I’ve sold the 3 that I bought at retail 5+ years ago. Not a lot of profit but some. Glad to be rid of them. It’s a good feeling when you get bailed out on a dumb buying decision. 

Same here. Sold my last two that have been sitting in storage for years. Made only a little profit but still felt good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jbacunn said:

How much did you sell your T1s for?

Well, if this one is still planned for summer release, then I can’t imagine police sets are being pulled. 
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/attack-on-the-burrow-75980

Although they might rename it to “Heartlake Target Store” or make it a Creator 3-in-1 that can be built as an Auto parts store, liquor store, or church. 

Edited by TheBrickClique
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Well, if this one is still planned for summer release, then I can’t imagine police sets are being pulled. 

Although they might rename it to “Heartlake Target Store” or make it a Creator 3-in-1 that can be built as an Auto parts store, liquor store, or church. 

I don't see the connection other than some impressive mental gymnastic 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Perfect response :):keeporder:

33 minutes ago, benjamin4172 said:

21039 and 21047 rumoured to retire this year. Before New York and London.

They recently were for Sale in Lego Stores in Germany.

This is interesting for Shanghai because Lego is doing a 150+ store expansion in China, which was supposed to be done by the end of this year. That's a lot of Lego stores!

• Thanks 1

What are your guys thoughts on the star wars Tantive IV and Imperial Star Destroyer being TOOS?  Do you think they will actually come back in stock or do you think due to the CoVid they will just retire the sets?  I was hoping the imperial star destroyer might have a sale due to its previous unpopularity now i'm just hoping it will just come back.

32 minutes ago, S4J said:

What are your guys thoughts on the star wars Tantive IV and Imperial Star Destroyer being TOOS?  Do you think they will actually come back in stock or do you think due to the CoVid they will just retire the sets?  I was hoping the imperial star destroyer might have a sale due to its previous unpopularity now i'm just hoping it will just come back.

I can still find it in stock here and there, albeit at retail. I think it will stick around and we'll see a decent deal on it sometime. Talking about the SD. It hasn't been out as long as some others so it should have a year or two left.