Retiring Soon - open speculation

44 minutes ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

Even if it gets a restock - extremely popular set, will be nice returns Q4. Even at RRP I’ve made some money on these. Sometimes you snooze you lose. This is worth the gamble.

Difficult to make money at rrp in the uk at this current time. Hoping it does come back as I would like to buy a few. I do believe there will be a few more runs on this one if lego decide to retire it before the end of the year.

Edited by raulaco

13 hours ago, raulaco said:

Difficult to make money at rrp in the uk at this current time. Hoping it does come back as I would like to buy a few. I do believe there will be a few more runs on this one if lego decide to retire it before the end of the year.

to me this is done. hoovering as many from smyths now, christmas will be a bloodbath

19 hours ago, raulaco said:

Buy why? Its a great seller and there has been no info saying that this set is going to be retired mid year. If it does go I'm out of luck as I don't have any.

Reason being is I just can't justify buying a set at rrp or slightly under.

Just imagine how much space the Harry Potter Sets take in a Store by now...and when the new ones come (What they did in europe today), some of the older ones have to go due to shelf space.

Retail space may be a premium, but warehouse space is relatively cheap. I predict the Great Hall will linger into early / mid 2021 online with a massive final production later this year. That has been LEGOs MO for the last year or two. We will see. Even still, it's a nice set that will do fine with or without a discount.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

to me this is done. hoovering as many from smyths now, christmas will be a bloodbath

I managed to nip in and get 2 from Aldi before it sold out.

Tricky. £90 feels like quite a lot for this set, but I'm inclined to agree that it's done and, even if not, I can't see any big discounts on it.

To make it a bit more worse for you...the new Harry Potter Sets have a little note on the back of the instructions: Limited availability (Every HP Set, not just the Burrow)

Do they work with another cheap trick there, or is there something about it?

Edited by benjamin4172

3 hours ago, marcinj said:

This is me fighting with myself not to buy LEGO everyday at RRP and - 5-10% and waiting for better times...

God damn, I love that movie...

2 hours ago, benjamin4172 said:

To make it a bit more worse for you...the new Harry Potter Sets have a little note on the back of the instructions: Limited availability (Every HP Set, not just the Burrow)

Do they work with another cheap trick there, or is there something about it?

can we see a picture of this?

Just now, crayxlp said:

all that it says that is available only to certain chains - like Target, Smyths etc. AVAILABILITY does not mean QUANTITY.

But its for the european Market. And they are already available at a lot of stores, even smaller ones. I def. think its meant to be quantity. The only exclusive for Lego.com and Smyths in Germany is the Burrow-Set. But I just wanted to point it out, everyone has to think about it for themselves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, benjamin4172 said:

But its for the european Market. And they are already available at a lot of stores, even smaller ones. I def. think its meant to be quantity. The only exclusive for Lego.com and Smyths in Germany is the Burrow-Set. But I just wanted to point it out, everyone has to think about it for themselves.

well, yeah.. but in broader terms one has to think what LEGO would get from this supposedly "short run production".. you stil have some fixed R&D costs that you  have to split into a volume production - design, manufacture, packaging, printing (boxes), marketing the sets ..  do not fool ourselves the boxes / packaging material was contracted before Covid virus hit the world.. so one has to question if this is some kind of a test from LEGO corp. (like newly pre-orders at SAH Europe) or something else. These sets in question are "not all that special" compared to others. Maybe the HP license is running out and thus they used it to their advantage aka limited availability?

Edited by crayxlp

4 minutes ago, benjamin4172 said:

... or could it be a marketing ploy, aimed at resellers?  Limited = buy a lot (a good “investment”). TLG are a very aggressive $$$$ company.

weve had Walmart exclusives and Target exclusive, which really only means NOT Amazon. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen “limited” printed on the box before? Unless they really have negotiated a license to sell x amount and no more?

3 minutes ago, benjamin4172 said:

Maybe LEGO tries to tell "normal" buyers that there is a Concept called EOL, because they don´t want them to buy from Resellers two years later -but from them right now...

If that were so why wouldn’t they place, at least the expected, EOL of each set on their site?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BrickBuilderX said:

The Corner Garage has been out of stock in most of, if not all, the usual retailers in the UK for a while.

I assume this is due to production issues, but what do you think about which modular building/s could retire this year?

uk had no production issues.