Retiring Soon - open speculation

10 minutes ago, IronManDan said:

Had a conversation with a very helpful LEGO Store Employee.  She shared that many of these sets are not retiring and will continue to pour in as the factories are coming back on line.  I inquired about several specific ones that she was able to give ETAs on.

Assembly Square?

8 minutes ago, IronManDan said:

Had a conversation with a very helpful LEGO Store Employee.  She shared that many of these sets are not retiring and will continue to pour in as the factories are coming back on line.  I inquired about several specific ones that she was able to give ETAs on.

i doubt a lego shop employee knows whats retiring end of 2020

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Yeah, it's already June & they are the last people in the world who could know stuff like that, I mean they are only direct employees of the company, what could they possibly know?

why are you always so saucy? if the list was known, it would have been leaks by now. its all hear say.

32 minutes ago, IronManDan said:

Had a conversation with a very helpful LEGO Store Employee. - helpful how?

She shared that many of these sets are not retiring - we know this

will continue to pour in as the factories are coming back on line. - we also know this.

I inquired about several specific ones that she was able to give ETAs on. - like?

basically whole post about nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Assembly Square?

Yes, she said they expect more in store in July.  Thank you for the sensible question.

33 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

i doubt a lego shop employee knows whats retiring end of 2020

To be clear, she did not indicate when they would retire, simply that they were starting up production and she had a list of sets and ETAs that she was reading from.

Carry on...

Edited by IronManDan
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

why are you always so saucy? if the list was known, it would have been leaks by now. its all hear say.

I'm not, don't take my posts too seriously. I just find it funny how people are "pretty sure" employees know as much as themselves. For some it might be true, but that's such a tiny percentage of their staff.

Edit: There is always a list. Assembly Square's exit date didn't change since last year. They can change it, but they won't in most cases.

Edited by elmaslıefendi
  • Like 1

Just now, elmaslıefendi said:

I'm not, don't take my posts too seriously. I just find it funny how people are "pretty sure" employees know as much as themselves. For some it might be true, but that's such a tiny percentage of their staff.

lol i'mlost are we agreeing or disagreeing? 

13 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

folks on the "Deals" page is particular and also easily ruffled...every post here sends a bat signal out to thousands

I should have kept it to myself.  Lesson learned.  The reason I posted here, was simply to caution those going crazy AND posting ever time something comes into stock at MSRP.

It seems as if they are communicating more than normal with stores as most have very little inventory*

* these are just my personal thoughts and they are not intended to be taken as fact.

Edited by IronManDan

1 minute ago, elmaslıefendi said:

The only source I truly trust is my local LEGO mgr as they know info before the rest of the world and are held to secrecy.  Which is why I don't share info on sets that are not yet rumored or known.

The statement LEGO released a month or so ago stating that EOL dates are not changing should be the primary source we use.  The only question is, which sets were scheduled to end this year? 

One thing my favorite store mgr did say is stock is questionable, especially for large sets, through Christmas (already suspected) and that LEGO was focusing production on new product not those that are either going EOL or continuing through next year.  So I'm sure we'll see lots of Monkey Kid, Dots, and the like this year, but large sets might be very hit or miss and I doubt we'll see discounts for many if any of them. 

Then again, maybe everyone will just be tired of LEGO by Christmas.  LOL, just kidding.

• Thanks 1

The list is definitely known. It has been leaked back in April I believe it was (not here but elsewhere). People here are helpful to an extent, but in the end we are all competitors as well.

Some people on here have been spot on with what they say is going and what isn't. Others have been way off base. It all depends on who you trust on here to listen to and who you don't.
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

You”l find out who killed JFK in the same place.

It was Sue Ellen's sister, the one who had been whoring around with him in the first place that did it.  This isn't one of those threads that hundreds of people subscribe to and I'll get yelled at for posting to, right?

43 minutes ago, Hardwired said:

It was Sue Ellen's sister, the one who had been whoring around with him in the first place that did it.  This isn't one of those threads that hundreds of people subscribe to and I'll get yelled at for posting to, right?

Probably wrong 😈.   Depends who takes o’fence

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...