Retiring Soon - open speculation

43 minutes ago, LegoTriathlete said:

Just to be clear, not that it matters to anyone in particular except me for some reason... but my retirement comment was related to the Falcon and not Tantine

Sorry about that, seems like I quoted the wrong post in my response!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Achilles said:

For those concerned about Steamboat Willie, I can tell you that while visiting several B&N's over the last week, they ALL have like at least 6 of them on the shelf. So even if this magically retires, stock will be available.

All depends.  I've visited more than a several, and didn't see any.  When B&N first opened up I only saw them sparingly.

• Like 1

anyone else think its the nail in the coffin for 71043 (potter castle) looking at the new Diagon Alley which will cost 400 euro cant for the life of me see lego having 2 sets of this size & price at same time?

It’s in stock at LEGO.com us sooo it could be around for a bit longer

52 minutes ago, stuco191 said:

It’s in stock at LEGO.com us sooo it could be around for a bit longer

All speculation but sets in general don’t last more than two years on average.  It was released Sept 2018 so it’s technically up for retirement later this year regardless of any new sets scheduled to come out.

Where is the info on the new set?  I can’t seem to find anything concrete on it and was curious what it looks like?

1 hour ago, LegoTriathlete said:

All speculation but sets in general don’t last more than two years on average.  It was released Sept 2018 so it’s technically up for retirement later this year regardless of any new sets scheduled to come out.

Where is the info on the new set?  I can’t seem to find anything concrete on it and was curious what it looks like?

Found it on stonewars about the new ally

anyone else think its the nail in the coffin for 71043 (potter castle) looking at the new Diagon Alley which will cost 400 euro cant for the life of me see lego having 2 sets of this size & price at same time?
Disney Castle and Disney Train have both survived together. I don't think that a new HP D2C means certain retirement for the castle at all. Personally, I feel that the castle is the iconic set of the HP line and will be around for several years to come much like the Disney castle.

1 hour ago, LegoTriathlete said:

44 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Found it on stonewars about the new ally

info trickling down,(New Diagon ally) looks expected to be mini-figure not micro figure scale. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
5 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Disney Castle and Disney Train have both survived together. I don't think that a new HP D2C means certain retirement for the castle at all. Personally, I feel that the castle is the iconic set of the HP line and will be around for several years to come much like the Disney castle.

cant see it myself, hope your wrong 😭

10 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

You mean like LEGO Star Wars does?

It seems like lego are really targetting the AFOL "18+" models like the NES / crocodile train / haunted House with the new black box range.

Surely this must mean more retirements of other exclusives with older creator expert boxes?

Either lego are vastly expanding the amount of big exclusive sets in their range and have fixed their production issues factories (plans for this might have worked pre covid, as productions plans are usually created and discussed 30 / 60 / days / a year beforehand, but seems now to be thrown out the door due to corona) or they will produce more sets with back to "limited" release schedules i.e. 12-18 months max?

2 minutes ago, Voltron said:

It seems like lego are really targetting the AFOL "18+" models like the NES / crocodile train / haunted House with the new black box range.

Surely this must mean more retirements of other exclusives with older creator expert boxes?

Either lego are vastly expanding the amount of big exclusive sets in their range and have fixed their production issues factories (plans for this might have worked pre covid, as productions plans are usually created and discussed 30 / 60 / days / a year beforehand, but seems now to be thrown out the door due to corona) or they will produce more sets with back to "limited" release schedules i.e. 12-18 months max?

I think LEGO has embraced the case-by-case limited supply reality.  I don't think they have a goal of stocking everything anymore...