Retiring Soon - open speculation

7 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

i find the disney castle a strange one, its never in stock anywhere but never retires

Yer and even the disney shop dosn't stock it now which I find odd. It's a great set and a real shame it's not retiring this year, mine will have to go on the bay at some point. Wait for christmas or not?

45 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Yer and even the disney shop dosn't stock it now which I find odd. It's a great set and a real shame it's not retiring this year, mine will have to go on the bay at some point. Wait for christmas or not?

came into stock at the disney shop for like two days a few weeks ago. i would have purchased but i wasn't home and wanted to use my disney gift cards. 

agreed it is a great set. i had one in very fine condition that I QFLL'd, but i would like to have another set or two.

23 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

came into stock at the disney shop for like two days a few weeks ago. i would have purchased but i wasn't home and wanted to use my disney gift cards. 

agreed it is a great set. i had one in very fine condition that I QFLL'd, but i would like to have another set or two.

And at the same time (July 1st), it was available for order on LEGO SAH.  We know it was produced in Kladno WW23 and Mexico WW24.  My Disney Store order shipped July 2nd.  Still waiting on SAH to ship.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 2:50 PM, joneyyy1981 said:

i find the disney castle a strange one, its never in stock anywhere but never retires

I was told that the Disney Castle EOL date was extended to next year due to the poor sales of the Disney Train.  The train is just too expensive for what people get.  The Christmas sale LEGO had on the train last year ($230 I think) was a much better price.

I heeded this board's advice and got a back order for the Tree House (60 days out) on the LEGO website. To the aforementioned, Central Perk and Stranger Things are on the EOL list now? My list of sets to acquire before the end of this year is growing by the week now (Diner, Vestas, Flintstones).

Any word if any, as to when 10266 (NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander) and 75936 (JWJP T Rex Rampage) are slated to retire? Is the Kylo Ren Shuttle sticking around for another year or longer? This is the one current set that Im on the fence about with paying MSRP.

As always, I appreciate the insight that the folks on here offer.

6 hours ago, EctoG63AMG said:

I heeded this board's advice and got a back order for the Tree House (60 days out) on the LEGO website. To the aforementioned, Central Perk and Stranger Things are on the EOL list now? My list of sets to acquire before the end of this year is growing by the week now (Diner, Vestas, Flintstones).

Any word if any, as to when 10266 (NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander) and 75936 (JWJP T Rex Rampage) are slated to retire? Is the Kylo Ren Shuttle sticking around for another year or longer? This is the one current set that Im on the fence about with paying MSRP.

As always, I appreciate the insight that the folks on here offer.

Here: Very reliable Source, like every Year:

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-end-of-life-eol-2020/

16 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

How about Hogwarts Express to start with as you already mentioned it? It's marked since Summer 2019.

One thing to realize is that the retirement dates can change throughout the year.  HE might be listed as retiring in December 2020 in March only to have that date change to December 2021 by the time August rolls around.

• Like 1