Retiring Soon - open speculation

3 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

the mini cooper set is the only speed champ getting the boot this year? so looks like the 6-wide will live on a bit longer.

ah, nevermind, guess it's only like 5, 6-wide sets still around anyway. guess i missed some from 2019.

I wondered the same thing.  Although LEGO has the 6-wide, they are getting scarce in most stores. 

LEGO is oos of the minicooper set.  Walmart was selling the same set for 20% off.

Does the SAH available quantity of sets give right indication on what set might be hard to get by retailers?

What I'm interested is to follow tendencies of a specific set. If its available at SAH at the quantity of 20, and its starting to fall to lets say 5 or 3 that would mean that the retailers that get stock though other channels would also had trouble to restock the specific set. And that would be a good moment to start buying from retail (when sets quantity drops at SAH, but are still available in retail).

Any insight would help (can be through pm). Much appreciated. 

7 minutes ago, marcinj said:

Does the SAH available quantity of sets give right indication on what set might be hard to get by retailers?

What I'm interested is to follow tendencies of a specific set. If its available at SAH at the quantity of 20, and its starting to fall to lets say 5 or 3 that would mean that the retailers that get stock though other channels would also had trouble to restock the specific set. And that would be a good moment to start buying from retail (when sets quantity drops at SAH, but are still available in retail).

Any insight would help (can be through pm). Much appreciated. 

My insight is that SAH limits rarely mean anything.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Tantive IV went from TOOS to OOS at LEGO Shop at Home

this typically means its gone gone...right?

I would be very surprised. It is only available for about a year, still available in europe, quite popular and highly reviewed. 

It was in available for a bit yesterday. I used some points to order one due to FOMO and got the order will be shipped within 60 days email.
It was in available for a bit yesterday. I used some points to order one due to FOMO and got the order will be shipped within 60 days email.

Looks like 75234 AT-AP Walker has gone for part/all of Europe. It is no longer on the UK or France Lego website and I assume also the other countries served by the same warehouse. I see it is Sold Out in the US. To be honest I don’t rate it but I am happy some people do because I have a few and the UK ebay price is pushing £100. 

7 minutes ago, TrigBricks said:

Looks like 75234 AT-AP Walker has gone for part/all of Europe. It is no longer on the UK or France Lego website and I assume also the other countries served by the same warehouse. I see it is Sold Out in the US. To be honest I don’t rate it but I am happy some people do because I have a few and the UK ebay price is pushing £100. 

Just ordered a bunch of them from Amazon US

14 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

Why in the world would LEGO retire a flagship, iconic set on your timeline? I could see them keeping the Disney castle in production for a decade or more. They'd be crazy not to.

elmasliefendi has insider info.  

they posted the first accurate retirement list last year as their very first post on bp'er, so i'm guessing they meant that disney castle has been on the retirement list and then gotten pushed back. agree they would be insane to retire disney castle unless their is a special pink cheese slope they have too many of  maybe we can change a circular spire into a square one. ;) 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, cladner said:

so i'm guessing they meant that disney castle has been on the retirement list and then gotten pushed back. 

Yes. Can't blame LEGO though, it's a nice set. 

Same with 21309, huge seller, but that was IDEAS, I'm just guessing they had to eventually retire it to create room for the new stuff coming in. It would have probably lasted 10 years in the Creator Expert line... 

6 hours ago, csingh said:

Anybody have any insight as to when the roller coaster will retire?

Bought it this morning for 25% off RRP but couldn't find anything online about a possible retirement. Looks like it's been out for 2 years now.

No clue but where did you get it at discount? I’ve been wanting one but waiting to try and pick it up at discount