Retiring Soon - open speculation

12 hours ago, CLMF said:

No way that Minecraft list is complete. I expect the Creeper Mine and the 2019 sets to be gone by the end of the year also. 21143 is also missing.

Hogwarts Express had better be gone too or else I'll eat a brick. And London and New York just seem to linger on shelves forever.

You’re right about 21143. Just asked the admin, he said they had it in their list for 1. Half 2020 EOL (https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-end-of-life-2020-1-halbjahr/) but he made a mistake when copy+pasting that old list. He’s going to double check today once again to see if anything else went missing.

Fun fact: 21143 is back in stock in SAH with a batch that was produced mid June 2020 in CZ, surprised that they still cranked out a batch at that point in time.

6 hours ago, Voltron said:

Its a terrible seller, complete dud 

It blows — once you flip on the power functions. 
One of the few $100+ sets that never disappeared this past Spring. 
I’m hoping that’s just because it’s not attractive for little Johnny stuck at home from school.

But for AFOL who needs to complete their modular city, maybe it’ll be necessary.  
I’m hoping as I picked up a few just in case it is a sleeper set. 

47 minutes ago, Kekskrabbe said:

We're still waiting for an answer regarding 60226 and 60228.

There are coincidentally the two sets I think with the most potential in the line. From time to time there are good discounts as well. 

I've also noticed that some of the creator shuttles do OK after retirement. 

Edited by coelian

5 hours ago, coelian said:

There are coincidentally the two sets I think with the most potential in the line. From time to time there are good discounts as well. 

I've also noticed that some of the creator shuttles do OK after retirement. 

It seems like they’ll both stay a little longer, at least as far as their sources know for now.

Long time lurker here, but thoroughly enjoy this site and all the commentary and insight (Im on the collector side strictly, not investor/reseller). I am just wondering if the following sets are actually retiring or is it the usual internet gossip/speculation? I know nothing is 100% certain now, I just want some feedback concerning the potential retirement of these sets this year. A Lego store manager told me back in May that the UCS Millennium Falcon and Tree House were definitely not retiring this year (I take this with a grain of salt, who knows how privy a manager is to corporate decisions).

UCS Millenium Falcon 75192

Downtown Diner 10260

Vestas Wind Turbine 10268

Tree House 21318

The Upside Down 75810

17 minutes ago, EctoG63AMG said:

Long time lurker here, but thoroughly enjoy this site and all the commentary and insight (Im on the collector side strictly, not investor/reseller). I am just wondering if the following sets are actually retiring or is it the usual internet gossip/speculation? I know nothing is 100% certain now, I just want some feedback concerning the potential retirement of these sets this year. A Lego store manager told me back in May that the UCS Millennium Falcon and Tree House were definitely not retiring this year (I take this with a grain of salt, who knows how privy a manager is to corporate decisions).

UCS Millenium Falcon 75192

Downtown Diner 10260

Vestas Wind Turbine 10268

Tree House 21318

The Upside Down 75810

I’d recommend getting Diner and Treehouse for your collection as those seem to retire for sure. Vestas is still a big question mark, so if you like it, get it now. Falcon and Stranger things can wait for another year. LEGO store employees and managers talk a lot about retirements, the only consistent takeaway from their statements is that they are as inconsistent as us in predicting the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kekskrabbe said:

I’d recommend getting Diner and Treehouse for your collection as those seem to retire for sure. Vestas is still a big question mark, so if you like it, get it now. Falcon and Stranger things can wait for another year. LEGO store employees and managers talk a lot about retirements, the only consistent takeaway from their statements is that they are as inconsistent as us in predicting the future.

Yes, I had my store manager try to push the Falcon on me last year and was telling me it was retiring soon (said no). Also, at one point The Brick Fan reported last year that Assembly Square was retiring at the end of 2019. Point is, rumors fly around, but we really won't know for sure until around October/November range.

I personally am interested in the Vestas for personal build, but am hoping to get it on a black friday sale with a bonus included.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I definitely would like to get these sets whenever LEGO offers a double VIP points again. Too bad the July x2 points didn't happen like in years past. Here's hoping to one maybe next month or September. I remember last year's LEGO Black Friday, the Vesta's was discounted only for the Canadian and European markets, but not here in the US for some reason. Walmart had it on sale a few weeks back for something around $130 or so, but it went quick.

1 hour ago, EctoG63AMG said:

Thanks guys. I definitely would like to get these sets whenever LEGO offers a double VIP points again. 

I wouldn't wait too long. Many production runs are disappearing within 1 day at full retail.

If you see it available I'd recommend grabbing it. At some point Lego is going to move on with the new releases and not look back.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I wouldn't wait too long. Many production runs are disappearing within 1 day at full retail.

If you see it available I'd recommend grabbing it. At some point Lego is going to move on with the new releases and not look back.

my guess is that if anyone wants and sees Diner or Treehouse at RRP...JUMP on it...cuz I doubt it will come back and definitely doubt there will be any kind of discount...I've been looking for weeks to get Treehouse at RRP...I am hoping that LEGO Shop at Home will have another restock...but at htis point if I see it on Amazon at RRP I will jump

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

my guess is that if anyone wants and sees Diner or Treehouse at RRP...JUMP on it...cuz I doubt it will come back and definitely doubt there will be any kind of discount...I've been looking for weeks to get Treehouse at RRP...I am hoping that LEGO Shop at Home will have another restock...but at htis point if I see it on Amazon at RRP I will jump

crazy don't buy at RRP people incoming..

1 minute ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Nobody in the EU should pay RRP rn... The US is a totally different game.

What a load of cobblers. Yes buy in discount maximises profit for sure, but Iv had more duds at discount than full RRP and that’s a fact, depends what your buying.