Retiring Soon - open speculation

Mad one. Correct! Lego GB, FR, DE are showing in-stock this evening. Max limit x 2. Bought at crabby one @ John Lewis for £200 last Christmas. Given the prices, was starting to wonder if I'd even open it. Think folk started to see this set in a new light. Just picked one up/order confirmed. Get em while they're hot, I guess?  

36 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Which LEGO website is that?

Various European lego LEGO Shop at Home.

5 minutes ago, Starktrooper said:

Mad one. Correct! Lego GB, FR, DE are showing in-stock this evening. Max limit x 2. Bought at crabby one @ John Lewis for £200 last Christmas. Given the prices, was starting to wonder if I'd even open it. Think folk started to see this set in a new light. Just picked one up/order confirmed. Get em while they're hot, I guess?  

The rrp here at 500chf is way too high and that money can be out to better use elsewhere. I can't imagine anyone willing to pay that amount or more than that, there is no margin to work with at all. 

9 hours ago, Starktrooper said:

funny, i got 2 from the range a week ago @ £250, only 1 arrived in the box ( i bought 2) they said they would have to contact lego as it was direct from them, day later another arrives direct from lego.

• Like 1

Yeah, 500chf would be to high. That's coming in around 430 sterling. Nothing to be done there. 75222's been moving like clockwork for £300 used/£400 BIN BNIB on eBay in the UK since Feb though. Good future potential too imo. The previous Cloud City (rotten set) still goes for silly money to this day. 

Mores to the point though this was a retired set worldwide. (Still showing retired in the States.) LEGO have 'un-retired it for some reason. Maybe something to do with 40 Years of Empire, but anyone's guess. Either way, better hope they don't make a habit of un-retiring - will throw a big wild card onto the resellers table.     

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 23.05.35.png

52 minutes ago, Starktrooper said:

LEGO have 'un-retired it for some reason. Maybe something to do with 40 Years of Empire, but anyone's guess. Either way, better hope they don't make a habit of un-retiring - will throw a big wild card onto the resellers table.     

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 23.05.35.png

No, they didn't. This is leftovers.

10 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

The whole EU shares one site. And 75222 is available on this site with limit of 2. These sets are not new production runs, they are leftovers, it says 'retiring soon' but it's already retired. I hope that's clear now...

that is not accurate.. it may seem so (like the whole EU shares ons site), but you have some technical issues with this assumption:

a) Norway and Switzerland are NOT part of European Union

b) UK availability vs. Germany + France very often varies.. some sets retire 3 days earlier in UK than in the rest of the Europe.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:44 AM, chunhengpang said:

10256 is scheduled to retire on 31 Dec 2020

think this is defo gone, drying up everywhere & smyths will not be restocking.

p.s i love the guys who vanish without a trace after posting good info.... 

Edited by joneyyy1981

4 minutes ago, BrickBuilderX said:

Are there any other sets that are known to be retiring at Christmas? 

I only joined this forum a few months ago and haven't had time to read back to see posts like the one above about 10256's retirement.

Thanks

Ask uncle google or search function... takes < 5 mins

2 minutes ago, BrickBuilderX said:

I only joined this forum a few months ago and haven't had time to read back to see posts like the one above about 10256's retirement.

Thanks

😭😭 take cover....

i have found 2 types of people here, ones that share info & ones that don't, the later by a mile....

some will share proof of alien life before a retiring list.

from the above post the guy joined posted some reliable accurate info then vanished again..

p.s there is no list on google for dec retirements.

19 minutes ago, BrickBuilderX said:

Thanks

From my understanding (hope someone else can provide some hints or riddles... as I'm just taking educated guesses based on past sets etc) the 2020 big set retirement list (UK, most retiring in Q4/ 2021 Q1 if supply left) is:

- 10255 Assembly Square

- 10256 Taj Mahal

- 10261 Roller Coaster

- 10268 Vestas Turbine

- 21316 Flinstones 

- 21318 Treehouse

- 21320 Dinosaurs Fossil

- 71043 Hogwarts Castle

- 75954 Great Hall

- 75955 Hogwarts Express

Edited by Voltron
Bugatti not going in 2020, 2021
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

😭😭 take cover....

i have found 2 types of people here, ones that share info & ones that don't, the later by a mile....

some will share proof of alien life before a retiring list.

from the above post the guy joined posted some reliable accurate info then vanished again..

p.s there is no list on google for dec retirements.

Haha, yea I didn't want to be mean so I take it back (somewhat).  Plus in all fairness, I am fairly new to the site as well and not too long ago rekindled my love for lego.  However, the "which set is retiring" looks to be more of a guess than anything else.  Unless you have intircate knowlegde on Lego R&D, etc info.  Best bet is just doing research on prior sets in the same theme, etc to get an idea of what might happen.  Even then, it's still anyone's guess, IMO.  My main point, don't be lazy, do some HW first before posting.  I personally don't have any idea and if I'm interested in a set but can't afford it yet do a bit of HW to see if I should pick it up sooner Vs later.  At the end, don't want to get into debt cause of lego... as much as I love them.

13 minutes ago, Voltron said:

From my understanding (hope someone else can provide some hints or riddles... as I'm just taking educated guesses based on past sets etc) the 2020 big set retirement list (UK, most retiring in Q4/ 2021 Q1 if supply left) is:

- 10255 Assembly Square

- 10256 Taj Mahal

- 10261 Roller Coaster (maybe?)

- 10268 Vestas Turbine

- 21316 Flinstones 

- 21318 Treehouse

- 21320 Dinosaurs Fossil (maybe?)

- 71043 Hogwarts Castle

- 75954 Great Hall

- 75955 Hogwarts Express

-71040 Disney Castle

- 21047 Vegas

Edited by joneyyy1981
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Voltron said:

- 10255 Assembly Square

- 10256 Taj Mahal

- 10261 Roller Coaster

- 10268 Vestas Turbine

- 21316 Flinstones 

- 21318 Treehouse

- 21320 Dinosaurs Fossil

- 71043 Hogwarts Castle

- 75954 Great Hall

- 75955 Hogwarts Express

20 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

-71040 Disney Castle