Star Wars (Movies, TV, Books, Other Media) - general discussion

Alpinemaps

• 1 year later...

Such iconic opportunities for LEGO sets as:

- Star Destroyers "under ice".

- Horse charge on a Star Destroyer

- 1000 Star Destroyers (super-micro version - 1000 of 1x2 light gray plates)

- Decrepit Emperor UCS version (like Yoda and BB-8)

- Luke's X-Wing "under water".

- Luke's lightsaber broken in two UCS version.

- Holdo Maneuver (micro version) or who knows, maybe UCS version with Supremacy being in two sections (4 ft  + 2 ft) long.

- Heroes sinking into quicksand (but not really)

- Bunch of aliens dancing in colorful outfits on a desert planet.

There really is NOTHING iconic from the sequel trilogy.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! Revenge of the Sith has a few moments I would consider iconic. Great movie. 

That's a prequel though & it was the best SW movie ever made. The haters from 10 years ago are now the biggest fans of this movie... for a reason...

Sequels are trash. Period.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

That's a prequel though & it was the best SW movie ever made. The haters from 10 years ago are now the biggest fans of this movie... for a reason...

Sequels are trash. Period.

No, most of those people still hate the prequels. The neckbeards that grew up with the OT **** all over the Prequels and drove George Lucas away from his own franchise. 

It's incredibly ironic to me that my generation, those that mostly grew up with the Prequels and endured all of that toxicity, are now doing the same thing to the Sequel trilogy. 

There's no 'period' to any of this. There's enough Star Wars for everyone to love something. Rey, Finn, and Poe are heroes to my kids. 

I wish people would just let other people enjoy things without having to **** all over them. I spent most of my time in he fandom being told how I wasn't a real Star Wars fan because I loved the Prequels, and I really hate seeing that cycle continue. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! Revenge of the Sith has a few moments I would consider iconic. Great movie. 

Revenge of the Sith was pretty much written before Lucas ever put the original Star Wars movie to film.  It's essentially the background story for Luke and why his dad was the big bad guy.  Episodes 1 and 2 were just vehicles to get us to Revenge of the Sith. 

Sadly, Lucas relied way too much on CGI for the prequels.  I never fully understood the full-on hate towards them.  Admittedly there are some cringe-worthy moments but after the sequel trilogy the prequels look like gold.  

But we have digressed a long ways from retiring speculation.  So let's talk about Kathleen Kennedy... recent stuff from Doomcock is very interesting.  lol

15 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Revenge of the Sith was pretty much written before Lucas ever put the original Star Wars movie to film.  It's essentially the background story for Luke and why his dad was the big bad guy.  Episodes 1 and 2 were just vehicles to get us to Revenge of the Sith. 

Sadly, Lucas relied way too much on CGI for the prequels.  I never fully understood the full-on hate towards them.  Admittedly there are some cringe-worthy moments but after the sequel trilogy the prequels look like gold.  

But we have digressed a long ways from retiring speculation.  So let's talk about Kathleen Kennedy... recent stuff from Doomcock is very interesting.  lol

just 1 more...

expectations on Star Wars movies make it impossible to be universally loved (or even decently reviewed)...any movie is instantly placed under microscope...what EVER looks good under such scrutiny?...that's why I think Mandolorian was so well received...it's a TV series so expectations were scaled way down.  I watch Star Wars movies for cool scenes and epic moments...expecting a great overall movie (under such hype pressure) just ain't gonna happen

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeCJB88u93eq91U0rlJsW-A
This is Doomcock's channel.  This guy had many leaks very accurate before release of RoS.  Just check out a few of his recent videos.

I don’t really want credible or incredible information from somebody who’s handle is Doomcock.
This is Doomcock's channel.  This guy had many leaks very accurate before release of RoS.  Just check out a few of his recent videos.

I don’t really want credible or incredible information from somebody who’s handle is Doomcock.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joch29 said:

or if you can't watch the youtube video cuz of disclaimer with kids nearby  or find doomcock a bit annoying...you can just read it on comicbook

https://cosmicbook.news/george-lucas-saving-star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-jj-abrams

Lol, this stuff is just tabloids for nerds. This site is malware-infested trash, and they (among several others) have posted blatantly incorrect stories for years now without repercussion.

There are reputable sources and industry insiders that leak through /r/StarWarsLeaks, MSW, and the like. None of them are backing any of this up.

Let's remember a couple of things to put this into context:

1. George Lucas wanted to walk away from Star Wars because he said it wasn't "fun" anymore, and that the fans were too hard to please. He's talking about these same Saliter Than Crait people that **** all over the Disney trilogy. Yes, they're the same people. If you're one of those people, you're the reason George isn't still making Star Wars films. Congrats.

2. George Lucas is very close and very good friends with Kathleen Kennedy. He's worked with her for decades and he HAND-PICKED her to be his replacement.

Like, good lord. I want to tell these people that it's possible to dislike the Sequel films without having to make up an entire conspiracy about it. Just say you didn't like it and move on.

Last thing: The people that watch YouTube videos for 'news' are among the most gullible in our society.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

There's no way his latest leaks are real. They're like fan fiction for Lucas apologists like myself, and not reasonable in the context of corporate politics.

37 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

just 1 more...

expectations on Star Wars movies make it impossible to be universally loved (or even decently reviewed)...any movie is instantly placed under microscope...what EVER looks good under such scrutiny?...that's why I think Mandolorian was so well received...it's a TV series so expectations were scaled way down.  I watch Star Wars movies for cool scenes and epic moments...expecting a great overall movie (under such hype pressure) just ain't gonna happen

I have a daughter. I don't want to repeat the history of OT vs. PT. But I just can't enjoy the ST and it's not because of expectations.

It lacked the attention to detail, story layers, and depth of meaning the previous moves had. These are the same reasons Game of Thrones became so popular, before that show, too, devolved into 'cool scenes and epic moments' without the depth. These franchises offer casual and in-depth fans what they're looking for, which compounds its popularity because it offers both kinds of hobbiests something to connect & bond over.

BTW The Mandalorian is in the hands of Dave Filoni, former padawan to Lucas, who arguably understands Star Wars second to only George himself. IMO that's the difference; it has the flash but also the guidance of somebody who truly "gets it" and can ensure it connects with the hardcore fans, too.

17 hours ago, Serejai said:

Star Wars sets are going to be weird going forward. The sequel trilogy doesn't have anything iconic that people would want. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a new "Death Star Ruins" from TRoS or something to replace the existing Death Star.

What?  This set is not iconic enough for you?  All of the Disney Trilogy haters are so hard to please.  I mean  THEY FLY NOW !!!!! 

AmIrite?

75250_alt1.jpg

:drag:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

There's no way his latest leaks are real. They're like fan fiction for Lucas apologists like myself, and not reasonable in the context of corporate politics.

I have a daughter. I don't want to repeat the history of OT vs. PT. But I just can't enjoy the ST and it's not because of expectations.

It lacked the attention to detail, story layers, and depth of meaning the previous moves had. These are the same reasons Game of Thrones became so popular, before that show, too, devolved into 'cool scenes and epic moments' without the depth. These franchises offer casual and in-depth fans what they're looking for, which compounds its popularity because it offers both kinds of hobbiests something to connect & bond over.

BTW The Mandalorian is in the hands of Dave Filoni, former padawan to Lucas, who arguably understands Star Wars second to only George himself. IMO that's the difference; it has the flash but also the guidance of somebody who truly "gets it" and can ensure it connects with the hardcore fans, too.

I just googled  "microscope" and saw this exact post 

11 hours ago, asharerin said:

Doomcock is spot on regarding KK and the coming changes to SW. Galaxy's Edge at the theme parks to be reskinned to OT? Star Wars is going to get exciting again next year!

Lol. It’s completely made up. They literally just announced a Galaxy’s Edge VR game that is sequel-themed YESTERDAY.

On 7/29/2020 at 7:48 AM, thegraverobber said:

Lol. It’s completely made up. They literally just announced a Galaxy’s Edge VR game that is sequel-themed YESTERDAY.

You don't stop a $4 Bil juggernaut on a dime, even if it has gone off-the-rails.  Who knows what will happen.  At this point, my wife is getting mad at me because I keep caring.  *sigh*  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMR5zf1J1Hs

• 2 weeks later...

So my boy and I finally finished watching (1st time) all 7 seasons of Clone Wars a week ago.

We are in the middle of Rebels Season 1...when Ahsoka and Darth Vader 1st reveals.

Our plan is to finish Rebels and move on to Resistance.

assuming that's a sound plan...what books fill in some of the inbetween plot lines and character development?  I have been confuse about all the books (I don't intend to get into the video games). I did read the Ahsoka book which was nice. What are the key books that fans find "essential"?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1