Star Wars (Movies, TV, Books, Other Media) - general discussion

Alpinemaps

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

So my boy and I finally finished watching (1st time) all 7 seasons of Clone Wars a week ago.

We are in the middle of Rebels Season 1...when Ahsoka and Darth Vader 1st reveals.

Our plan is to finish Rebels and move on to Resistance.

assuming that's a sound plan...what books fill in some of the inbetween plot lines and character development?  I have been confuse about all the books (I don't intend to get into the video games). I did read the Ahsoka book which was nice. What are the key books that fans find "essential"?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I use the following sites to help me keep track of the canon comics/books coming out and where they are take place in the Star Wars timeline.

This site lists the timeline of the Marvel comics: https://comicbookreadingorders.com/other/star-wars-marvel-reading-order/

This one has the books: http://www.yodasdatapad.com/booklist.html

This one has a little more detail on the books and allows you to filter by the types of books: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_books

I'm still working my way through the comics and books, but don't have any that I think are "essential".  I think they all add to the Star Wars universe in their own way.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

5th Brother, who is in the set, appears in the Kenobi trailer.

also a Rebels show favorite...I'm guessing it hits $400-$500 once the series gains in popularity like Clone Wars (will get a ton of press once Ahsoka is released)

and who doesn't want old man Captain Rex, Wolf, and Gregger...I'm surprised it's been so "affordable" for so long

6 hours ago, exciter1 said:

"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."

Did not have any effect on my cold black heart.

I am guessing the black Inquisitor woman is going to be captured and reformed by Obi Wan.  She will be the one who actually goes around the galaxy doing stuffs.  While Ben sits on his ass guarding Luke :D

I wish I kept more Rebels sets though.

36 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Not as hot as Rex's AT-TE, but if you still have any 75082 TIE Advanced and/or the Inquisitor minifig this might be a good time to dust those off 

I only have 1 left NISB and 1 built.  That minifigure was a great part out seller for more than the price of the set back then and just looked at the prices now, wow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pseudoty said:

I only have 1 left NISB and 1 built.  That minifigure was a great part out seller for more than the price of the set back then and just looked at the prices now, wow. 

I still have my 75082 assembled in a box somewhere. I saw the minifig the other day. I kinda like the helicoptering lightsaber so I might keep the Grand Inquisitor around. It'd be hilarious and awesome if they have the helicoptering scene in live action.

anyone know what INquisitors are supposed to be?

Not SIth cuz the rule of two

Not Jedi obviously (but exJedi?...rejects from the Academy...was there a holocron of the kids that didn't cut Yoda's mustard...and were they all from one family???

Force sensitive clones?  Are they rejects from earlier palpatine trials?

Also why just 5? how about an army of them?

Not Jedi obviously (but exJedi?...rejects from the Academy...was there a holocron of the kids that didn't cut Yoda's mustard...and were they all from one family???

Courtesy of WookieePedia

Description

Inquisitors inducted into the ranks of the Inquisitorius left behind their old names and took up new ones, in which they were labelled Brother/Sister, denoting their sexes.[4]

Roles and power

A high-ranking title within the Galactic Empire,[5] Inquisitors were mainly tasked with identifying and either capturing young Force-sensitive individuals or eliminating them, including former Jedi, Padawans, and those originating from other Force-wielding traditions.[3] Inquisitors also acted as enforcers, eliminating political dissidents[6] and threats such as rebel factions and Old Republic sympathizers.[7] Their nature, objective, and membership were kept secret from most other branches of the Empire.[3]

As agents under the command of the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader,[8] Inquisitors held a high status in the Empire and had discretionary authority to commandeer and command Imperial assets required to complete their mission.[3] Inquisitors personally commanded Purge Troopers.[9] Select Inquisitors also held a commanding status within the ranks of Inquisitorius.[10] Inquisitors were subordinate to the Grand Inquisitor and other select high-ranking Imperial positions, such as Grand Moff.[3]

Skills and training

During their first years of service, the Inquisitors were weak in the dark side of the Force, for their fighting style was reminiscent of their Jedi training. In order to rectify this, Darth Vader trained them to change their fighting style from a defensive style to an offensive one. Some of Vader's training sessions caused some Inquisitors to lose limbs as a lesson in loss. As they were servants of the Sith, Galactic Emperor Darth Sidious also ensured that the Inquisitors weren't privy to all the knowledge and skills of a Sith Lord.[11] In time, Inquisitors grew in power and skill, though no more than their Sith masters allowed them to be, and came to be considered some of the most skilled fighters in the galaxy.[3]

Both the Second Sister and Seventh Sister were examples of distinguished Inquisitors, considered the most deadly and elite Jedi hunters in the Imperial Inquisition.[10][6]

Equipment

The Inquisitors wore black and grey bodysuits with armor, and were equipped with crimson-bladed lightsabers. Inquisitors typically used double-bladed spinning lightsabers, which were equipped with a spinning mechanism that allowed the saber to be spun automatically in order to improve their ability to deflect incoming attacks.[3][9]

History

"During the early years of the Empire, the red blades of the Inquisitorius cut a swath through the galaxy as they wiped any remaining traces of the Jedi Order from existence. Once the Jedi were finally considered extinct by the Empire, the Inquisitorius vanished into the darkness as well."
―Luke Skywalker[src]

The rank of Inquisitor was active by 19 BBY in the aftermath of the Order 66. Fearing the threat that the surviving Jedi posed to his rule, Emperor Palpatine created the Inquisitorius to track down and corrupt or eliminate the last remaining Jedi.[12] The Emperor then tasked his Sith apprentice, Darth Vader, with training the former Jedi in the dark side to become Inquisitors in their service. The Inquisitors were led by the the Grand Inquisitor, who had been personally chosen by the Emperor and came to work alongside Vader.[8] As Dark Lord of the Sith, Vader governed the Inquisitorius in the name of his master, Emperor Palpatine.[9]

In 14 BBY, the Second Sister and Ninth Sister hunted down the Padawan survivor Cal Kestis and his crew on the Stinger Mantis. The Second Sister took a personal interest in Kestis, as she used him to find Eno Cordova's holocron, which contained a copy of a list of Force-sensitive children made during the final days of the Jedi Order, in an effort win the favor of Emperor Palpatine. Both the Second Sister and Ninth Sister were ultimately defeat by Cal Kestis, with the former having a change of faith after her former Jedi Master, Cere Junda, apologized for her role in her transformation as an Inquisitor. With Darth Vader perceiving her change of faith as failure, she was executed by the Dark Lord.[9]

Blaise Zirkonn, a Force-sensitive agent of the Inquisitorius who worked with the organization for nearly a decade, hoped to be promoted to the rank of Inquisitor.[2] In 4 BBY, after the death of the Grand Inquisitor, the Seventh Sister became a vital commander within the ranks of Inquisitorius.[10] She and other Inquisitors sought to ultimately replace their previous leader as the new Grand Inquisitor,[13] though she was ultimately killed alongside the Fifth Brother and the Eighth Brother.[14]

Eventually, the Empire came to consider the Jedi to be finally extinct, and the Inquisitorius were said to have vanished with them.[15] By around the time of the Battle of Yavin, Vader was considered to be the last of the Jedi religion left in the Empire.[16]

• Like 1

exciter1 ninja'd

Edited by Loghamel
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Courtesy of WookieePedia

Description

Inquisitors inducted into the ranks of the Inquisitorius left behind their old names and took up new ones, in which they were labelled Brother/Sister, denoting their sexes.[4]

Roles and power

A high-ranking title within the Galactic Empire,[5] Inquisitors were mainly tasked with identifying and either capturing young Force-sensitive individuals or eliminating them, including former Jedi, Padawans, and those originating from other Force-wielding traditions.[3] Inquisitors also acted as enforcers, eliminating political dissidents[6] and threats such as rebel factions and Old Republic sympathizers.[7] Their nature, objective, and membership were kept secret from most other branches of the Empire.[3]

As agents under the command of the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader,[8] Inquisitors held a high status in the Empire and had discretionary authority to commandeer and command Imperial assets required to complete their mission.[3] Inquisitors personally commanded Purge Troopers.[9] Select Inquisitors also held a commanding status within the ranks of Inquisitorius.[10] Inquisitors were subordinate to the Grand Inquisitor and other select high-ranking Imperial positions, such as Grand Moff.[3]

Skills and training

During their first years of service, the Inquisitors were weak in the dark side of the Force, for their fighting style was reminiscent of their Jedi training. In order to rectify this, Darth Vader trained them to change their fighting style from a defensive style to an offensive one. Some of Vader's training sessions caused some Inquisitors to lose limbs as a lesson in loss. As they were servants of the Sith, Galactic Emperor Darth Sidious also ensured that the Inquisitors weren't privy to all the knowledge and skills of a Sith Lord.[11] In time, Inquisitors grew in power and skill, though no more than their Sith masters allowed them to be, and came to be considered some of the most skilled fighters in the galaxy.[3]

Both the Second Sister and Seventh Sister were examples of distinguished Inquisitors, considered the most deadly and elite Jedi hunters in the Imperial Inquisition.[10][6]

Equipment

The Inquisitors wore black and grey bodysuits with armor, and were equipped with crimson-bladed lightsabers. Inquisitors typically used double-bladed spinning lightsabers, which were equipped with a spinning mechanism that allowed the saber to be spun automatically in order to improve their ability to deflect incoming attacks.[3][9]

History

"During the early years of the Empire, the red blades of the Inquisitorius cut a swath through the galaxy as they wiped any remaining traces of the Jedi Order from existence. Once the Jedi were finally considered extinct by the Empire, the Inquisitorius vanished into the darkness as well."
―Luke Skywalker[src]

The rank of Inquisitor was active by 19 BBY in the aftermath of the Order 66. Fearing the threat that the surviving Jedi posed to his rule, Emperor Palpatine created the Inquisitorius to track down and corrupt or eliminate the last remaining Jedi.[12] The Emperor then tasked his Sith apprentice, Darth Vader, with training the former Jedi in the dark side to become Inquisitors in their service. The Inquisitors were led by the the Grand Inquisitor, who had been personally chosen by the Emperor and came to work alongside Vader.[8] As Dark Lord of the Sith, Vader governed the Inquisitorius in the name of his master, Emperor Palpatine.[9]

In 14 BBY, the Second Sister and Ninth Sister hunted down the Padawan survivor Cal Kestis and his crew on the Stinger Mantis. The Second Sister took a personal interest in Kestis, as she used him to find Eno Cordova's holocron, which contained a copy of a list of Force-sensitive children made during the final days of the Jedi Order, in an effort win the favor of Emperor Palpatine. Both the Second Sister and Ninth Sister were ultimately defeat by Cal Kestis, with the former having a change of faith after her former Jedi Master, Cere Junda, apologized for her role in her transformation as an Inquisitor. With Darth Vader perceiving her change of faith as failure, she was executed by the Dark Lord.[9]

Blaise Zirkonn, a Force-sensitive agent of the Inquisitorius who worked with the organization for nearly a decade, hoped to be promoted to the rank of Inquisitor.[2] In 4 BBY, after the death of the Grand Inquisitor, the Seventh Sister became a vital commander within the ranks of Inquisitorius.[10] She and other Inquisitors sought to ultimately replace their previous leader as the new Grand Inquisitor,[13] though she was ultimately killed alongside the Fifth Brother and the Eighth Brother.[14]

Eventually, the Empire came to consider the Jedi to be finally extinct, and the Inquisitorius were said to have vanished with them.[15] By around the time of the Battle of Yavin, Vader was considered to be the last of the Jedi religion left in the Empire.[16]

Thanks

So they were ex-Jedi

got it

Thanks

So they were ex-Jedi

got it

Lol I was going to write something but wookiepedia was better :P

One thing from Rebels, the Inquisitor that Kanan killed at the end of season 1.  His original / jedi form was the temple guard that taught blind Kanan in season 3.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

One thing from Rebels, the Inquisitor that Kanan killed at the end of season 1.  His original / jedi form was the temple guard that taught blind Kanan in season 3.

those hallucination episodes always throws me off on whats real vs fabrication.  I thought kanan was just projecting the inquisitor's face as the guard

29 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Prices for the Inquistor minifig are skyrocketing right now.

e0ba5b88350ae66159849f697a4f886a.jpg

$150 on eBay with 12watchers in a day. I have a Malgus, some Revan and a 💩ton of Yularen are they going to be featured in a show as well ;) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Minifigure-Imperial-Grand-Inquisitor-Near-Mint-Condition-/403529572169?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

27 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

$150 on eBay with 12watchers in a day. I have a Malgus, some Revan and a 💩ton of Yularen are they going to be featured in a show as well ;) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Minifigure-Imperial-Grand-Inquisitor-Near-Mint-Condition-/403529572169?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

what are the chances LEGO re-releases the same MFs for the Kenobi sets?

I was pretty surprised LEGO re-released the charged Creeper in their recent Minecraft set (previously from a 2016 Mountain Mine set)

47 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Oh wow Revan.  I thought I was smart selling them for $85 3-4 years ago

• Like 1