Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, Al Legorical said:

As in translation or retirement of said sets?

This is the translation from German do English. Go figure that "not quite"

However, the pandemic is not affecting the planned market exit date for products. And other sources were also able to confirm that none of the currently available exclusives should be removed from the range by the half year. Both Hogwarts and Disney Castle should be available at least until the end of the year. Of course, individual sets can be sold out forever 1-2 months earlier, but at least halfway through the day, nobody has to worry.

How many sets typically end with the summer wave?  I thought if a set was going to retire it would typically be after Christmas, right?  

What I got from the article was LEGO was not going to extend any retirement dates due to limited stock.  So if they produce more before retirement, great, but the retirement date still stands and they will cease production as scheduled.  Is that how anyone else read LEGO's response?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

What I got from the article was LEGO was not going to extend any retirement dates due to limited stock.  So if they produce more before retirement, great, but the retirement date still stands and they will cease production as scheduled.  Is that how anyone else read LEGO's response?

Thats what I got out of it. I am still wondering about the Roller Coaster....i need it. To add to my "not even close to building or have the room for yet but I have to have it" collection.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Thats what I got out of it. I am still wondering about the Roller Coaster....i need it. To add to my "not even close to building or have the room for yet but I have to have it" collection.

rollarcoaster in number 1 on my list for hoarding. 

1 hour ago, crayxlp said:

This is the translation from German do English. Go figure that "not quite"

However, the pandemic is not affecting the planned market exit date for products. And other sources were also able to confirm that none of the currently available exclusives should be removed from the range by the half year. Both Hogwarts and Disney Castle should be available at least until the end of the year. Of course, individual sets can be sold out forever 1-2 months earlier, but at least halfway through the day, nobody has to worry.

It's still not quite!

Forget the translator. It says "zumindest das Hogwarts Schloss". This means that you'll have no problem getting the Hogwarts castle this year, nobody said that for 71040 in the article. 

Wish I would have gotten more 75234... these seem to have flown under most reseller radar's and are quickly climbing in price. This is one set that definitely won't be back. I did just find one in a Kohl's for 25% off clearance... good use of my Kohl's cash from last week.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Wish I would have gotten more 75234... these seem to have flown under most reseller radar's and are quickly climbing in price. This is one set that definitely won't be back. I did just find one in a Kohl's for 25% off clearance... good use of my Kohl's cash from last week.

RRP at Amazon right now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Thanks! Got me a few more. Someone literally just posted those. When I looked there were only 16 sellers and cheapest price was $108.

Why would any Amazon 3rd party seller price their items $38 below the next cheapest 3rd party seller?

Not sure, I just assumed those were shipped and sold by Amazon

11 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Not sure, I just assumed those were shipped and sold by Amazon

There is a 3P seller called AMZ Prime Sellers that is Amazon fulfilled. It's $10 over retail.  I've almost bought from them a few times thinking it was Amazon. I'm sure they trick a lot of people with that name. 

Just now, jbacunn said:

There is a 3P seller called AMZ Prime Sellers that is Amazon fulfilled. It's $10 over retail.  I've almost bought from them a few times thinking it was Amazon. I'm sure they trick a lot of people with that name. 

I just saw the price and did click into it.

46 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

I was on facebook marketplace and saw a LEGO store clearance.  Everything said "LEGO", they even had the LEGO LEGO Shop at Home screens.  The only thing that didn't have LEGO was the "contact us".  What a scam.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

its on backorder?

5 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

It's still not quite!

Forget the translator. It says "zumindest das Hogwarts Schloss". This means that you'll have no problem getting the Hogwarts castle this year, nobody said that for 71040 in the article. 

So without translator there is to read:    Sowohl Hogwarts, als auch das Disney Schloss sollen mindestens bis zum Ende des Jahres verfügbar sein.

But thats what Stonewars concludes out of their Information they gathered from Lego and other sources, as they state in their article. So they say: Hogwarts and Disney Castle are at least available till end of the Year.

But I think they again soften their statement, as they say: "of course there could be sets wich could be sold out 1-2 months prior to their official EOL" and then they add: " but at least noone has to worry till the half of the year"     

Original in German:"Natürlich können einzelne Sets auch schon 1-2 Monate früher für immer ausverkauft sein, aber zumindest zum Halbjahr hin muss sich niemand Sorgen machen."

In Conclusion I think, Stonewars says there could be Sets that could end earlier as planned, but this won´t be Hogwarts and Disney.

But to be honest: I think they are doing Lego a favour for not triggering resellers (as if they are not triggered enough), because Lego still wants to sell some Legos to regular people.

But in addition: the word "sollen" does not really mean "should" as the translater says.

"Sollen" is much stronger, its more like "they have to" than "should".

"should would be "sollten", which is a lot more softer and unsecure.

The translater does not make a difference between "sollen" and "sollten" - but there is a huge difference.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
44 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:
its on backorder?

Out of stock everywhere except 3rd party sellers in the US.

Alza also delivers to the US right?- Maybe there are some left.

In Germany you still get them at SAH on backorder by July 31.

But we still have two Companies delivering them at RRP.

If this is consistent and the plant in Mexico is still shut down, maybe the US market will be an indicator for retirement for other countries.

Edited by benjamin4172

35 minutes ago, benjamin4172 said:

Alza also delivers to the US right?- Maybe there are some left.

In Germany you still get them at SAH on backorder by July 31.

But we still have two Companies delivering them at RRP.

If this is consistent and the plant in Mexico is still shut down, maybe the US market will be an indicator for retirement for other countries.

i think its the other way around. watch europe, if sets dry up here when production has been unaffected, we might get indicatons of whats not coming back. USA might get the production run still but later than europe.

• Like 1