Retiring Soon - open speculation

The best part about all this - all the people who treated us like "Jack and the Bean Stalk".  Those who thought "What kind of a moron fills his spare rooms with Lego sets, from top to bottom.....and he doesn't even build them!?!?!?  at best it's the new Beanie Babies."

And how about the bogus bricks doomsdayers - "The end is near!"

And all the while we were teeing up a grand slam.  Who woulda thunk it.

9 minutes ago, enotoga said:

Who woulda thunk it.

Are you noticing anything? You didn't even think it yourself. This wasn't precisely calculated by any of us, this has nothing to do with our analytic skills, in this economic crisis, we just happened to get lucky that everything turned out the way it did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

20th Anniversary Podracer - Will these be making a comeback? I see it's OOS online at most major retailers, but I know it was still on Walmart's planogram after the recent reset. TOOS on Shoplego.

Good question.... I wonder the same thing. This is kind of how the others went. Without warning... I've been waiting for WM to get them back in stock because they had it for $24 all day everyday. Now even the MSRP retailers are out of stock.... have to find obscure channels to source them. They can still be had for retail, I think it would be good to pick up a few. All the 20th anniversary sets have been doing really well.

Good question.... I wonder the same thing. This is kind of how the others went. Without warning... I've been waiting for WM to get them back in stock because they had it for $24 all day everyday. Now even the MSRP retailers are out of stock.... have to find obscure channels to source them. They can still be had for retail, I think it would be good to pick up a few. All the 20th anniversary sets have been doing really well.

I wouldn't really say that the others went without warning. All three of them were available from the big 3 retailers the entire month of December at close to 50% off retail.

And they were on the retirement list for this past December.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Are you noticing anything? You didn't even think it yourself. This wasn't precisely calculated by any of us, this has nothing to do with our analytic skills, in this economic crisis, we just happened to get lucky that everything turned out the way it did.

You've got it reversed.  According to my calculations back in 2014, I thought that by 2020 I'd be selling Tower Bridge and HH for $1000 a copy.  I came up way short of my expectations......so far.  But it's still fun.

2 hours ago, Achilles said:

20th Anniversary Podracer - Will these be making a comeback? I see it's OOS online at most major retailers, but I know it was still on Walmart's planogram after the recent reset. TOOS on Shoplego.

Coming back in France beginning of June

8 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

I wouldn't really say that the others went without warning. All three of them were available from the big 3 retailers the entire month of December at close to 50% off retail.

And they were on the retirement list for this past December.

You are correct. I guess I just meant that they went fast if you weren't watching, much faster than most others. 

Also, who knows how this current situation will affect things. Unprecedented times, but it seems like things will come back in stock?

It ain’t leaving. 5dc37961221419629dd5b4e48e7d90fa.jpg

It ain’t leaving. 5dc37961221419629dd5b4e48e7d90fa.jpg
  • Haha 1

I see this playing out one of two ways.

1. Lego retires most low volume sets way before fall hits and focuses on popular themes

2. Lego post pones most retirements until early next year to allow people the ability to purchase their fav's

PS. Anyone know what architecture sets are heading out this year? Their are quite a few long runners i'm eyeing up.

2 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

So, what's the gist of this article?

Google Chrome will translate it for you in any language you want. The authorr that runs that website says that he has that from reliable sources that both Disney and Harry castles will not retire before the end of the year.

• Like 1