Retiring Soon - open speculation

58 minutes ago, carini26 said:

Riddle me this, riddle me words, when do we get the next clue from the big black bird?

some say he's gone quiet hiding in the hills, or possibly taking up a favorite past time before the winter cold.  After all it's the small things in life that matter.  

Might of been held captive by mad scientists as well.  Who knows but one will need a sleuth to figure out all the riddles hidden in this wealth of information.

The clock is ticking and stock levels are spinning out of control at a speedy pace.  Soon the flames will be put out on these rumors and one can get back to being himself.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

some say he's gone quiet hiding in the hills, or possibly taking up a favorite past time before the winter cold.  After all it's the small things in life that matter.  

Might of been held captive by mad scientists as well.  Who knows but one will need a sleuth to figure out all the riddles hidden in this wealth of information.

The clock is ticking and stock levels are spinning out of control at a speedy pace.  Soon the flames will be put out on these rumors and one can get back to being himself.

My favourite pastime is camping in the hills so all in on EOL for T1! Oh yeah, baby it´s been a long wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

some say he's gone quiet hiding in the hills,

minecraft mountain cave

possibly taking up a favorite past time before the winter cold. After all it's the small things in life that matter.  

favorite past time - baseball.  throw in winter cold and small things = chicago architecture

Might of been held captive by mad scientists as well. 

women of nasa

Who knows but one will need a sleuth to figure out all the riddles hidden in this wealth of information.

detective office and brick bank.

The clock is ticking 

big ben

spinning out of control at a speedy pace

ferris wheel

Soon the flames will be put out on these rumors

gb firehouse

one can get back to being himself.

slave 1

man am i bored today.  such fun these games are.

• Like 7

next riddle plz ... 

3 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

@cladner - The prophecy, to me, reads as follows:  Silent Mary, Mountain Cave, Old Fishing Store, Holiday Train/Station, Mini Cooper

Ship in a Bottle (!?), Women of NASA, Detective's Office, Brick Bank

Big Ben, Ferris Wheel, Speed Champions, Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ, Slave I, and The LEGO Batman Movie

I thank big black bird for his wisdom and look forward to future pronouncements sneaking up on us like a ninja in the night, a batch of cookies taken from vanishing elves, or an unexpected but delightful surprise. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cladner said:

minecraft mountain cave

favorite past time - baseball.  throw in winter cold and small things = chicago architecture

women of nasa

detective office and brick bank.

big ben

ferris wheel

gb firehouse

slave 1

man am i bored today.  such fun these games are.

there were 15 in there so your 8/9 and gonna give you an Incomplete grade.  I really expected better from you...

59 minutes ago, carini26 said:

@cladner - The prophecy, to me, reads as follows:  Silent Mary, Mountain Cave, Old Fishing Store, Holiday Train/Station, Mini Cooper

Ship in a Bottle (!?), Women of NASA, Detective's Office, Brick Bank

Big Ben, Ferris Wheel, Speed Champions, Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ, Slave I, and The LEGO Batman Movie

I thank big black bird for his wisdom and look forward to future pronouncements sneaking up on us like a ninja in the night, a batch of cookies taken from vanishing elves, or an unexpected but delightful surprise. 

4/5 on first line

3/5 on second line

3/5 on 3rd line

you had some others in there that weren't wrong just weren't the one referenced.  

Now I'm catching the first ship outta here...

Until next time

game.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Or that it's the boring-long-in-the-tooth Star Warts theme? ?

No problem for the Falcon or Death Star, though.

I think this set just hasn´t met sales expectations and they are looking to trim their range down. I noticed it was available for less than RRP on Amazon several times.

18 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

there were 15 in there so your 8/9 and gonna give you an Incomplete grade.  I really expected better from you...

ok - sorry for the disappointment.  ? so lets go with:

1.  minecraft mountain cave

2 women of nasa

3 detective office 

4 brick bank.

5 big ben

6 ferris wheel

7 gb firehouse

8 slave 1

adding in carini26 likely correct choices we get to:

9 silent mary

10  old fishing store

11 holiday train

12 holiday station

after re-reading i think

13 Technic Porsche 911

14.  Joker Manor 

could be answers to your opaque clues.

15.? (parisian restaurant?) 

Edited by cladner

3 minutes ago, cladner said:

ok - sorry for the disappointment.  ? so lets go with:

1.  minecraft mountain cave

2 women of nasa

3 detective office 

4 brick bank.

5 big ben

6 ferris wheel

7 gb firehouse

8 slave 1

adding in carini26 likely correct choices we get to:

9 silent mary

10  old fishing store

11 holiday train

12 holiday station

after re-reading i think

13 Technic Porsche 911

14.  Joker Manor 

could be answers to your opaque clues.

15.? (parisian restaurant?) 

if understood correcly, the first part 1-8 are from your point of view sure retirements and 9-15 "maybe". ?

29 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

if understood correcly, the first part 1-8 are from your point of view sure retirements and 9-15 "maybe". ?

this a second response to raven99's  "riddle" posted yesterday which he said included clues to 15 retiring sets - likely exclusives or higher profile sets including carini26's choices which were alluded to as also being correct by raven99 for whom our uninformed guesses and musings on signs by retailers i am sure provided him hours of hearty laughter thinking about all the capital being put into the wrong sets ?

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, southendsox said:

Could Jurassic World be at the end already? I'm seeing some potential signs. I never see these sets selling out anywhere. Has to be a disappointing line for LEGO being released so close to HP.

Sales on the previous run were not great either and as we all know they ran for almost 20 months, saying that they were not stocked as widely as this new range.

As you say HP could be a factor in a very big drop in sales for Jurassic, I go for a year this time around so around April May 2019 EOL.

New  Jurassic film due 2021.