Retiring Soon - open speculation

On 9/11/2018 at 8:47 AM, TabbyBoy said:

Disney may also be hiking the licence fee so LEGO Star Wars sets may become a thing of the past? Good riddance I say! ?

I read somewhere that in 2012 LEGO had extended the SW license (pre-Disney) through 2022, or something like that.  Considering that is only three years away, could it be LEGO wouldn't extend another agreement?  I wonder if LEGO is waiting to see how well SW IX / prod will do.

16 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I read somewhere that in 2012 LEGO had extended the SW license (pre-Disney) through 2022, or something like that.  Considering that is only three years away, could it be LEGO wouldn't extend another agreement?  I wonder if LEGO is waiting to see how well SW IX / prod will do.

this is so funny and hilarious how you all are speculating whether yes or no - TLG prolongs their SW licence..  of course they will! what have you been thinking??? Look at the 20 yrs history of SW LEGO sets, look at the percentage that SW sets take in LEGO portfolio.. try to imagine how many tens of millions sets were sold within the past 20 yrs.. so even if Disney tried to pump up the license fees - LEGO has a really strong base how to negotiate just the adequate price.. 

- of course, if Disney stops milking out the SW theme and does not produce any more SW movies / cartoons (unlikely), then TLG would most likely dump the theme.

Edited by crayxlp

33 minutes ago, LegoBro said:
43 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:
that seems like so much work...

Although I suck at them, I prefer some riddles. Heck...a list would be even better. Wasn't there some super generous member last year that came out with that?

@ravenb99  was riddling so hard on the last couple of pages of this thread that they offered him a job in the next Batman movie. It's all there somewhere and apparently every single exclusive is retiring.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2018 at 8:57 AM, redcell said:

It is...I don't do it very often and do it mainly to confirm what I already suspect about what is retiring.

I use OpenList browser extension for Chrome.  I gather all the URLs I want to open and put them in a notepad file, 1 link per line.   Around 25 at a time is good for me.  You may need to adjust that based on your internet connection and computer specs.  If I have more than 25 links, I put in a line of ************ and make groups of 25.  Then all you do is grab your 25 links, paste them into the OpenList extension and it will open 25 new tabs with your links.  Sounds like a lot of work, but once you have your links, you can fly through tasks like the one you're talking about.

• Like 3

The source of that rumour on The Brick Fan is a "LEGOLAND Discovery cashier". So even one step lower than Lego Store employees who are not usually first in line to hear about these things...

BrickHeadz design lead Marcos Bessa has confirmed there will be more Brickheadz in 2019, so shame on The Brick Fan for devoting an article to what is basically "ramblings of a random person with no way of having actual inside information".

• Like 3

4 hours ago, stlux said:

The source of that rumour on The Brick Fan is a "LEGOLAND Discovery cashier". So even one step lower than Lego Store employees who are not usually first in line to hear about these things...

BrickHeadz design lead Marcos Bessa has confirmed there will be more Brickheadz in 2019, so shame on The Brick Fan for devoting an article to what is basically "ramblings of a random person with no way of having actual inside information".

The Brick Fan article was titled "LEGO BrickHeadz Theme Rumored to  be Ending".  At the end of the article they even state to take the news of the BrickHeadz theme ending as a rumor until it is made official by LEGO themselves.  In my opinion, I consider The Brick Fan a very credible website that provides great news, rumors, and reviews in all things LEGO.  The Brick Fan is the first website I go to when I read about LEGO.

• Like 5