Retiring Soon - open speculation

11 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

HP & owl is currently very available everywhere in the UK so I think it'll be around for a long time yet. Hmmmm.... do I take an extra suitcase to SYD as I have a few Qantas freebies to use up still? ?

What other small sets is Australia short of?

Do any of these retailers ship to Australia? Help a buddy out

9 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I think it means that the next production run will be M-A-S-S-I-V-E and every man and his dog will be stocking it next time. That seems to have happened with Saturn V which is now very available everywhere. I see "Sold Out" as a bad sign these days and I tread carefully. 

thats the real problem, that (almost) everybody is do "hungry" . .they cant get away just with a couple (less than 10)

42 minutes ago, freakchem said:

I didn't buy a single BH over the past year. I'm just wondering if they give you good return if bought at MSRP.

Bhz #1 (batman) is the most expensive out of the old ones. TRU exclusives (especially Phasma and Lloyd) were pretty good returns even at if bought at msrp. But I guess why do you ask yourself that question? Who here buys at msrp? Nobody.

• Like 4

Ok , I’ll play . Over 300 of  76039 at $27 each 

I understand, no malice intended. But I’m not sure your answer is appropriate.
Question? Did you buy 76039 before they were doing well, or after there were sure signs it was a winner?

The way I understood the original question was which BHz to buy now at RRP, in anticipation of great returns.
To which a fair answer, though sarcastic, would be, “who buys at RRP?” Can you even find a BHz at RRP? They come out on sale 20-30% off all the time, right from release. Target auto 5%, bookstores auto 10%. I’m hard pressed to find an RRP BHz.
Or maybe I’m just that good

9 minutes ago, donbee said:

I understand, no malice intended. But I’m not sure your answer is appropriate.
Question? Did you buy 76039 before they were doing well, or after there were sure signs it was a winner?

The way I understood the original question was which BHz to buy now at RRP, in anticipation of great returns.
To which a fair answer, though sarcastic, would be, “who buys at RRP?” Can you even find a BHz at RRP? They come out on sale 20-30% off all the time, right from release. Target auto 5%, bookstores auto 10%. I’m hard pressed to find an RRP BHz.
Or maybe I’m just that good emoji6.png

maybe I understood differently. My point is there is always a time to buy at or over MRSP and should never be ruled out as a possibility. hopefully this better explains things .. wasn't about a particular set or me ; a lot of people do it on a large scale. anyhow nothing to see here. back to our usual retiring soon speculations . now who get a list ? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

maybe I understood differently. My point is there is always a time to buy at or over MRSP and should never be ruled out as a possibility. hopefully this better explains things .. wasn't about a particular set or me ; a lot of people do it on a large scale. anyhow nothing to see here. back to our usual retiring soon speculations . now who get a list ? 

List what list?

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2018 at 10:53 PM, grabbitfast said:

Have a large batch of 40260 sets here supposedly retired January 2018 in the EU zone with the codes 22S8 and there abouts on them can we really trust anything we read about Brickheadz or any other theme.

I found these over a month ago and first thing i did was check when it retired (jan 2018) and then noticed the 13S8 codes.  Only bought one as my hunch was right that these would keep getting refilled. 

Guest TabbyBoy
15 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

they've been reprinting the previous years holiday sets the following year for like 3-4 years now

Maybe we should have a "Resurrecting Soon - open speculation" thread? Some modulars, Eiffel Tower and Mars Rover have been rumoured so far.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Maybe we should have a "Resurrecting Soon - open speculation" thread? Some modulars, Eiffel Tower and Mars Rover have been rumoured so far.

I guess people have run out of ideas for stores and famous architecture.  Too bad.  They could hire me and I could give them a few more to design.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

the seasonals were always extended line stuff and not considered actual sets with start and end dates.  Don't really care on those and just see it as an opportunity to get them again if you want more.  They did it with other stuff before the seasonals like the baubles, rose and other extended lines stuff.  Some baubles are on year 6 or 7.  

bringing back remakes under new set numbers is something totally different and technically not resurrecting,  happens in other toy lines as well.  Least you get a few years to move them.  

• Like 1