Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, grabbitfast said:

Lots of glitches on Lego sah europe with Brickheadz availability, so I would take any tags on availability on any sites with a big pinch of salt.

It's been like that for quite a long time. I remember the Pet Shop and Simpsons House popping in and out of retirement. As we're now fully aware, any set can be resurrected at any time. Even if the Tower Bridge was to go, it'll be back within a short time due to "ADD TO WISHLIST" for example. Why would LEGO have that button otherwise? Think about it.

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's been like that for quite a long time. I remember the Pet Shop and Simpsons House popping in and out of retirement. As we're now fully aware, any set can be resurrected at any time. Even if the Tower Bridge was to go, it'll be back within a short time due to "ADD TO WISHLIST" for example. Why would LEGO have that button otherwise? Think about it.

thats pretty clever and spot-on remark regarding that Wish List button.. I thought about it in the past too, what is it for.. normal / usual e-shops use this as a feature that you can share with your relatives etc and they see what you might like (e.g. wedding lists). but in case of SAH there is no way how to share your list with others

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Even if they pulled the Brickheadz theme tomorrow which there is no chance of, all the popular sets like Mickey and Minnie would be back and overproduced.

Quick thought could it be possible a Mickey and Minnie dual pack is on its way.,

If I was to invest in ****Brickheadz, I would favour Mickey, Minnie and Harry/Hedwig sets as those fan bases are massive . I do have a friend who bought all 12 of the first wave and I'm looking forward to see what profit he makes, if any.

7 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

If I was to invest in ****Brickheadz, I would favour Mickey, Minnie and Harry/Hedwig sets as those fan bases are massive . I do have a friend who bought all 12 of the first wave and I'm looking forward to see what profit he makes, if any.

I got 2x entire frist wave as well - imagine at RRP! :phew:

• Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
21 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

The Sold Out tag on Minnie probably just means they've sold so fast that they don't even have another production run forecast on the calendar yet and don't have plans to push production schedule of another set to the right to accommodate. 

I think it means that the next production run will be M-A-S-S-I-V-E and every man and his dog will be stocking it next time. That seems to have happened with Saturn V which is now very available everywhere. I see "Sold Out" as a bad sign these days and I tread carefully. 

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Didn't you misplace a UCS Falcon or three?

If you mean the 10179s, I got shot of those years ago and have no plans to buy 75192 unless it''s 50% off. Yes, inventory management wasn't my strong point a while back as I had so much in so many places. I'm now down to less than 20 pallets and I have a manifest for each one.

Every Brickheadz released to date from this year is exiting by 12/31/18 as of now.  Last year they all exited 12/31/17 with the exception of Phasma / Finn which were 1/31/18 but they both lingered through now (believe finn does carry retired tag).

1/1/18 releases exit 8/31/18 but are still available

4/1/18 releases exit 11/30/18

and everything released beyond that is 12/31/18

no clue if any 2019 stuff will come about.  

Stuff will linger though on all of them like they always have.  Don't think any one has had more than a single batch made because they are so small.  Everyone I checked was 1 and done.  

Gonna be stuff popping up all through the end of year as well as stuff meant for TRU is still showing back up.  

The easter and valentines sets both came back in regular LEGO stores and SAH as they were intended for TRU.  Whatever volume of stock was destined for TRU will still have to be gone through at some point.  

• Like 6

Promobricks say there will be more of them in 2019 (quoting lead designer Marcos Bessa´s Instgram).

Considering the mess they made of predicting Saturn V´s retirement last year, it may be the absolute proof that the theme is done!

In any case, stock levels and lives of these have varied wildly between continents - Finn was very hard to find in Europe, for instance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1