Retiring Soon - open speculation

8 minutes ago, VaderFan16 said:

The Brick Fan article was titled "LEGO BrickHeadz Theme Rumored to  be Ending".  At the end of the article they even state to take the news of the BrickHeadz theme ending as a rumor until it is made official by LEGO themselves.  In my opinion, I consider The Brick Fan a very credible website that provides great news, rumors, and reviews in all things LEGO.  The Brick Fan is the first website I go to when I read about LEGO.

I completely agree, Brick Fan is a serious source and they quoted this BH rumour very accurately.

Eh, I like the BH series, just wish thry were priced at $7 out of the gate opposed to waiting for most of them. I think theyve found their groove, but if they keep releasing Rocket Raccoon and basic builds, they will be out. The hair techniques are some of the best part builds ive completed in a while.

Speaking of Retired sets, I made the mistake of getting a deeply discounted DCSHG polybag for my daughter. No bueno, she was like "I see this on Netflix!!" And its been her favorite set of this vacation.

Just something to think about when purchasing sets for resale. Keep in mind syndication. No way I would have thought she would have been interested. I dont think she will want the sets, but she was almost as excited about that as she was a Disney set.

Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

These were almost always OOS at Lego Stores. Took me a month to get one at mine. Very popular, but now the store seems to have a small amount, but that was 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Often TOOS in the UK too and seem to be exclusive as I've not seen them elsewhere apart from with Amazon scalpers. It's too much of a risk for me as it wouldn't surprise me if LEGO ramp up production and keep them for a s long as the Disney licence. Why not milk the Disney cash cow some more?

i fell in love with these the instant i saw them and their beautiful boxes.

i would not be surprised to see these get to 3-4x msrp very quickly.  i've been ordering 3x of each per week from amazon burning credit card rewards and ordering 4x to get them in case from target and walmart.  even if they linger, they will be a winner when they go.  if this is really it , mickey and minnie mouse will be the shortest lived brickheadz to date (besides being probably among the best) and therefore TLG's reseller scum gift of the year . 

i'll let you dream of that island.   

Edited by cladner

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, cladner said:

i fell in love with these the instant i saw them and their beautiful boxes.

i would not be surprised to see these get to 3-4x msrp very quickly.  i've been ordering 3x of each per week from amazon burning credit card rewards and ordering 4x to get them in case from target and walmart.  even if they linger, they will be a winner when they go.  if this is really it , mickey and minnie mouse will be the shortest lived brickheadz to date (besides being probably among the best) and therefore TLG's reseller scum gift of the year . 

i'll let you dream of that island.   

I agree, they are the most iconic characters of the entire Disney universe. I'll bite at 50% off... if it happens ?

3 hours ago, cladner said:

image.thumb.png.a816ccd769856828d8c8df322d33add6.png

image.png.de95ad431714099fa002df7416d703ef.png

someone lost that new tag pretty fast.  not even a 2 month life span if this sold out sticks.

Was at Disneyland Anaheim this past weekend. They had plenty but the employees there say they sell very fast. I can't picture these ever retiring. They're so iconic...especially for the Lego stores in Anaheim and Florida. Needless to say, my daughter bought them and LOVE them!

Looks like Lego.com are feeding the rumour mill knew I smelled a rodent.

7 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Was at Disneyland Anaheim this past weekend. They had plenty but the employees there say they sell very fast. I can't picture these ever retiring. They're so iconic...especially for the Lego stores in Anaheim and Florida. Needless to say, my daughter bought them and LOVE them!

On 9/16/2018 at 11:30 AM, grabbitfast said:

Edited by grabbitfast

11 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Often TOOS in the UK too and seem to be exclusive as I've not seen them elsewhere apart from with Amazon scalpers. It's too much of a risk for me as it wouldn't surprise me if LEGO ramp up production and keep them for a s long as the Disney licence. Why not milk the Disney cash cow some more?

does this mean that you have not acquired not a single factory shipping box - just for a private collection? :)

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Don’t tell ebay buyers  who are paying almost 4 x retail already for it.?

HP & owl is currently very available everywhere in the UK so I think it'll be around for a long time yet. Hmmmm.... do I take an extra suitcase to SYD as I have a few Qantas freebies to use up still? ?

What other small sets is Australia short of?

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
57 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Well you can sit back and mock me for returning them as I thought it was a trap!

I didn't buy any as I can't stand them and don't want to risk being lumbered with them. I even ignored Mickey Mouse when I saw some at 50% off. Since LEGO can bring anything back in vast quantities, whether retired or not, is too high a risk for me. I'm now a flipper and no longer have to rely on a set even reaching 1x RPP.

I won't mock you at all, you did the right thing at the time and may still have been the right thing.